Yes! Clans of Eagle Agents!
- 6 (75%)
No! They could be double-agents or worse...savages
- 0 (0%)
The Eagles...The eagles are coming!
- 2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Honesthearts - Community Fortress - A simplefarm for secret agents!  (Read 5370 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Honesthearts - Community Fortress - A simplefarm for secret agents!
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2022, 05:12:48 am »

What about 3 and 4 at that same time?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2022, 07:10:36 am »

Yeah was still doing the toy thing, but problem I noticed is that it takes multiple toys of the same metal type to equal one bar
so it'd take a long time to equip people and only the dwarven caravans take requests on goods

Maybe 3 and 4 then?
Just enough of 3 to make weapons?

I'm fine with leather armor in the beginning of the fort kind of matches the roleplay of agents I think
Plus we now have three dwarves legendary in all forms of combat including dodging. I think leather armor would present a challenge for them

edit: I'll also say that once raiding kicks in as a regular occurrence I've noticed that I usually pull in a ton of metal items to melt

Also this is my first fort in years of playing where I had an embark with no military metals
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 07:17:27 am by Maloy »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2022, 02:31:07 pm »

I agree, it's fairly rare if you play on "frequent" generation setting for minerals and metals and embark with multiple biomes.
 I tend to just re-gen because, well, be there done that lol. If only the trading was more complex.

That being said, it is a fun scenario for stories, since combat is MUCH less one-sided when your dwarves are poorly equipped. Even with martial trances, a legendary can take hits that will kill them without good armor.

It does make some megabeasts particularly troublesome (see: bronze colossus being impossible w/o iron or fluffy wamblers)

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2022, 01:50:58 pm »

I realize in retrospect that this world is from a short phase where I thought my worlds weren't "hard" enough and so I generated several that had virtually no mineral resources
While I regret this decision I shall stand by it!
---------------------------------------------------------

After our emergency meeting we all agreed on a two-pronged approach to the metal situation.
1) Our legendary forge workers would use an old dwarven magic that, for lack of better word, "squeezes" more of a metal out of creations when melting
2)continued import of metal toys. (fortunately our last migrant wave included children to justify this)

Quite a few humans have come through looking for "Worthlesscloak the Pearl of Racing". The first artifact created after our civilization was making its latest comeback. Cross is jotting down details on them to give to the next caravan. Being a member of the guard himself it's a good opportunity to put his name forward

Also our taciturn, yet capable expedition leader The Emerald built an artifact!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Of course since he claimed it for himself he's going to decide what happens to it!

As if to counter our good fortune the gods sent us another trial:
The Inquisition of the Brave Sabres has arrived. Two inquisitors armed and armored to the teeth here to investigate our little town.

Short version:
They're investigating our town for affiliation with the Oar of Battle and we can expect them to be around awhile and often

Conversation:

The inquisitors stuck around for months and reported to no one. Operations ground to a crawl as we had to operate like an actual hillocks.

In the time here they caught two human criminals who had been visiting the town, one of whom had a stolen codex. I asked Esme if they were going to take the book home with them and they said "The book isn't ours and so we can not take it, but the criminal has been brought to justice" hm. Benefits though

I actually caught wind as they found one near my clan-home. It was brutal. They broke his hands quickly to disarm him and then wrestled him to the ground. One-by-one they tore each limb from its socket before beating his head in. An experienced mercenary couldn't as much as land a hit on them
Combat log:

Dead humans have larger armor to melt which means this in addition to what we already have we will have a fully armed squad by the new year.
They did kill a famous dancer though. Her name was Firebrand and many of us had seen her perform at the capitol for the several years she spent there. This was enough connection for the inquisitors who quickly ended her career then her life

They stayed through the summer and the fall. Many travelers wanted to leave our town, but were afraid of being caught outside the drinking mound and killed like the others.
The trade caravan never came. We wondered if they had been killed by goblins, titans, dwarves or merely were waylaid? We'd have to wait for an opportunity to see.

Also one of our children made an artifact bracelet. We'll give it to the mountainhome, if they come back, in hopes that they will send us some more resources!

You find yourself sitting at one of the only three tables in the drinking mound.
With very little to do the dwarves were in the drinking mound more than ever. For any other species so much drinking would constitute a rational fear of low morale, but for dwarves it represented a healthy coping mechanism
One of the newer migrants sits across from you and pushes a mug your way. "Tell me, kinsmen you ever hear the tale of why our eyes are purple?" You nod your head
(Lore Conversation below)

With the year concluding we got little done after the inquisitors arrived, but we will be able to start the new year with weapons and can resume outside operations year round!
Agenda for my fellow agents: The inquisitors will continue to return regularly to peruse our town for sedition. I believe we should let them and work around them as well as we can. If they died or "disappeared" I believe the Sabres would retaliate by sending an army, and we simply aren't going for that!
If there's disagreement we can consider other options

Behind Scenes:

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2022, 03:35:04 pm »

Name: The Rightful Scholars
Cover Profession: Scholars and diplomats
True Profession: Experts at deception, infiltration and intelligence
Slogan: it's not enough to succeed others must fail
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2022, 05:02:30 pm »

Name: The Rightful Scholars
Cover Profession: Scholars and diplomats
True Profession: Experts at deception, infiltration and intelligence
Slogan: it's not enough to succeed others must fail

Ooooh that's cool I like the slogan a lot too!
Looks like the bunker is gonna get a library! We'll combine it with the bookkeepers space since it will undoubtedly be espionage related information stored!

Will build your town square and will update the first post with your clan and its members sometime tomorrow!

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2022, 07:22:43 pm »

Cheers, just thought we could do with an intel clan
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2022, 09:23:20 am »

I'm currently working on the next update for this!

Despite rumors to the contrary I did NOT defect to the Brave Sabres kingdom this is counterintelligence propaganda being spread by the enemy!

I just got held up by a lot in real life also this world is huge and so the game runs incredibly slow so it takes a lot of patience to advance the fort, which I have it just didn't work well with what was happening this past month

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2022, 12:16:14 pm »

I feel it.. I have learned to only play forts that I want to play, or are easy to approach. lag is a big barrier to 'fun'. anything else is obligatory torture, though sometimes that torture is worth the stories.
Pages: 1 [2]