- 4 (100%)
Pick A New Site
- 0 (0%)
Let it god!  Oh Armok let it GO!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: January 31, 2022, 10:19:04 am

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Abbey of Books - A Autumn Kingdom Succession Fort! Overseers NO LONGER Needed!  (Read 13736 times)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Abbey of Books - A Autumn Kingdom Succession Fort! Brave Overseers Needed!
« Reply #105 on: February 01, 2022, 02:05:27 pm »

PRELUDE

The Rumorclashed Report  Dated 252-05-19

We confirmed the death of queen Vileile and still have control of Rumoredclashed despite the bogey presence. She was shot to death defending the town, amongst her documents we have found that her successor is the diplomat Card Presentshafts. He is to be our new king. The Sweltering Coven have been historically untrustworthy but they have certainly become more aggressive since the year of 250. I insist we send support and reinforcement to our other settlements or face losing more sites to them

Regards
Agent Avo

RE: The Rumorclashed Report Dated 252-06-02

Agent Avo,

Whilst i appreciate your report, it is clear to us that general Lermey has everything under control there in Rumoredclashed, we request that you check on our other sites as we fear that it is not only Rumoredclashed targeted, we believe the bogey menace are planning more attacks. I will try to talk to the king and see if i can’t get some reinforcements before we lose more towns, we have already confirmed that the sweltering coven has control over Inkedfortress and Hollowtwilights.

Sincerely
The Duke

Reinforcements Requested Dated 253-01-01

It is worse than it seems, in this year alone we have lost six sites to the bogeys, Fortuneurge, Dragoncrater, Toothbuff, Bridletrussed, Kindledwave and Secretbeauty. We have come across plans to wipe out our smallest settlement, The Abbey of Books. This place could be a great strategic outpost  to push the bogeys back. They have outposts all around our sites and could choke our civilization. The abbey of books has natural defenses around it and its our only foothold in the north.

Agent Avo

RE: Reinforcements Requested Dated 253-06-05

I hope you and your team are well, sorry my letter took so long to reach you but the roads aren’t exactly safe in these trying times. As another team reported to me it appears that site is in dire need of support. Whilst I would love to send some troops, it appears the king and the general have other ideas, they are asking for all teams to return home. The king is a cowering diplomat who wants to preserve himself over others. As of this letter I have reported to the general that your squad was lost in action. I know your current position is some distance from the site. In regards to that i'm sending another dissolved squad to try and recover anyone on site. As of the year of 254, you are to enter the site, fortify it and pose as original settlers. This will give you the advantage against those pesky bogeys who won't suspect an armed squad on the site. As for me, I will try to do my best to aid you from my end. However with the king getting more paranoid it might become difficult to do so. I wish you the best.

Your benefactor
The Duke
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 02:07:23 pm by AvolitionBrit »
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 01, 2022, 04:59:19 pm »

Makes sense we now have a King.  I assume the Queen died around the time we were being attacked by werewolves.
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 01, 2022, 05:48:03 pm »

so it begins. Salmeuk whittles by the fire as he waits for the assault. . who would live and who would die?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 01, 2022, 05:54:59 pm »

It is done, will add photos soon.

(So i decided to Dwarf everyone who has commented on this thread)
28th Obsidian 253 - We arrived a day early, the place is a tip, Items are scattered everywhere and lots of dead bodies litter the land.

We decided to park the wagon on the church roof

1st Granite 254 - A bandit catling tried to ambush us, struck him with a scythe but the killing blow goes to Salmeuk. Currently we are cleaning up the site and laying out temporary internal walls around the tavern and homes, we can modify this later.

5th Granite 254 - Another Bandit Ambush god this place. I'm closing public access to this place as it seems even a ghostly scholar is trying to rob us. The shit jumped Tomnot, he punched the specters hand off but got beaten pretty heavily by the book wielding specter, he seems to be unable to stand and has lost the ability to grasp. I wounder if he makes a recovery. Moonstone got the final blow and he exploded.

10th Granite 254 - Stranglings have shown up, interesting they might have some food we can trade for. We traded a bunch of the scattered gabbo goods for some fresh fruit and a crutch for Tomnot.

15th Granite 254 -  Another Ambush, are you kidding me, now who is it. A specter poet what has happened to this world?

16th Granite 254 - Grabbed a scythe and went to town on the specter, he won’t be holding us up no more. Hoping we stop getting guests now that these locations are closed to the public.

4th Slate 254 - Bloody Vultures descending down and feasting on the scraps left around. Blasted things are halting our progress

21st Slate 254 - These Vultures ugh, they keep coming down and scaring us. We need some ranged weaponry to deal with these fiends.

22nd Slate 254 - They are finally gone, Progress at last.

10th Felsite 254 - Training is starting up again, we have agree training alternative months to improve our skills as a unit as those ambushes are nothing compared to the bogey armys
1st Hematite 254 - With the wall complete i put out attention to cleaning up the local area, and seeming if there's anything of use. For example all these arrows could be repurposed for us or to melt down into bars to make better weapons.

25th Hematite 254 - Now we have the walls, it's time to set up a choke point to drive the bogies through.

1st Malachite 254 - This will be our first month of proper training, it will be good to keep up and improve our skill. After that we will set up some food production so we don’t suddenly starve to death

20th Malachite 254 - Well, looks like we got some migrants arriving. Looks like four of them, we have Miner with siege operating experience, a furnace operator with combat experience, an animal trainer and a suturer with combat experience. We added everyone except the animal trainer to the squad to make us up to a full squad. This is promising.

1st Limestone 254 - Time to train once more but we have made great progress, currently melting down all these staff just left lying around. We also have set up a ballista.

12th Limestone 254 - Gleyers Vauggervinger, an outpost liaison from Towne Hinge, time to trade all this old tattered clothing. Asked them to bring metal bars for better equipment. As for the trade itself they had lots of goods but our inexperienced broker fumbled the deal. Oh well, plenty of goodies around to melt

10th Sandstone 254 - Another migrant wave has shown up, we are 18 now.

1st Timber 254 - Time to train

20th Moonstone 254 - So far the boggies have not shown themselves, ambushes haven't happened and we have a civilian population. We found some artifacts just lying around the mess of stuff and will display them in the temple. We also had a bone carver become a scholar. Always good to have someone read up on local history.

28th Obsidian - This has been a good first year and I've laid down the solid foundation for someone to take the reins. I am going to focus on training as I know the boggies are going to come one day.

Here is the save: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15835
Here is the current state of The Town of Crafts

Here is the map with civilizations and outpost. The two important ones is the red (the Sweltering Coven) and dark green (Town of Crafts)

I am also going to add that The Sweltering Coven is at war with the humans, the specters and the stranglings

« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 07:17:41 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

dikbutdagrate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 01, 2022, 09:57:45 pm »

Finish work in 2 hours and will start. Anyone want to be pumpkined. Let me know now

I'm down for being "pumpkined." I don't know what that means exactly, as I'm still reviewing the thread, but I do like pumpkin pie. If it has anything to do with eating pumpkin based stuff, sign me up.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 01, 2022, 11:48:17 pm »

Success!! Good work on the reclaim and subsequent defensive posturing. The Sweltering Coven appears to have us targeted for destruction. likely marching towards us at this very moment.

My beautiful pond  :'( but we need the land. that wall is good against badgers and wolves, but not much of anything against a real siege. What does everyone think of building a larger wall? Or perhaps we could construct some kind of escape tunnel connecting the various buildings.

It looks like you double posted your first image - I would like to see the wagon on the roof as it sounds rather comical.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 02, 2022, 03:24:57 am »

Ah dam, yeah I will put the wagon roof picture up when I get home. The current walls are temporary as the boggies could attack at any moment. I do think the wall can be more secure for sure and an outer wall is something we should build.

Drunken scholar

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 02, 2022, 04:45:43 am »

More and bigger walls are the best!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 02, 2022, 12:32:22 pm »

I'm down for being "pumpkined." I don't know what that means exactly, as I'm still reviewing the thread, but I do like pumpkin pie. If it has anything to do with eating pumpkin based stuff, sign me up.

Double spiced pumpkin pie is great.   :D  Welcome to the Reclaimed Succession Fort!

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 04, 2022, 12:44:38 am »

you might want to poke blu since you are op

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2022, 05:28:22 am »

Wagon on the roof

Drunken scholar

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 04, 2022, 11:08:54 am »

you might want to poke blu since you are op
Poking.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 05, 2022, 02:52:43 pm »

Sign me up for another turn, why not!

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 05, 2022, 03:24:48 pm »

same

Drunken scholar

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 05, 2022, 04:27:02 pm »

Both been added to the list.  If Bluarian Knight does not pick up the save by the end of Sunday I figure I will take it and start the next turn.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11