- 4 (100%)
Pick A New Site
- 0 (0%)
Let it god!  Oh Armok let it GO!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: January 31, 2022, 10:19:04 am

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: Abbey of Books - A Autumn Kingdom Succession Fort! Overseers NO LONGER Needed!  (Read 14273 times)

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Abbey of Books - A Autumn Kingdom Succession Fort! Brave Overseers Needed!
« Reply #150 on: February 27, 2022, 12:12:29 pm »

I bring bad news.  I could not load up Middle Spring.  I tried again and again and it always stopped loading at the same point.  Then it was Not Responding than it crashed.

Now, this morning I had checked my laptop and it was doing fine.  All the other games and programs were not laggy or having issues.

I thought maybe the save file was okay and maybe it was the game.  It is a modded game which had been modded on top of that.  So I grabbed the first game download from DFFP, switched out the first year save file with the current one and tried again.

It stopped earlier then before and crashed anyway.  In other words it was somehow worse.

I fear that modded games hate me.  All the Fortress Stories I have tried with modded games have always failed in the end and I fear this is no different.  :-[

Any suggestions would be welcome but I fear I am not a pro hacker and have no idea how to fix this.  I think this is the end and wish to thank all who took part in my first Succession Game. 

I think I will try an adventure game, with a fresh Autumn Kingdom world, and then try a Fortress story with a normal Dwarf Fortress game.   :)
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Abbey of Books - A Autumn Kingdom Succession Fort! Brave Overseers Needed!
« Reply #151 on: February 27, 2022, 12:46:16 pm »

Alright. Sad, but ... I would lie if I say I didn't see it coming. Modding, even successful modding such as this save file, can introduce enough confusion into the inner complexities that crashes become inevitable. I am not familiar with bug-fixing techniques but I imagine they would be laborious.

Well, it was fun. I look forward to future tales from the land of the pumpkin-heads!

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile

Thats a shame, im gonna see if i can get it past spring. But i think it is truely the end. Its been an honor
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]