- 4 (100%)
Pick A New Site
- 0 (0%)
Let it god!  Oh Armok let it GO!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: January 31, 2022, 10:19:04 am

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Abbey of Books - A Autumn Kingdom Succession Fort! Overseers NO LONGER Needed!  (Read 14338 times)

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Abbey of Books - A Autumn Kingdom Succession Fort! Brave Overseers Needed!
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2022, 02:09:55 pm »

Sign me up for the next turn.

I'll put you next on the list to be the Overseer.  May God have mercy on your soul.
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2022, 02:58:12 pm »

I will happly take the helm again
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2022, 03:00:46 pm »

I will happly take the helm again

Adding you to the list AvolitionBrit.  Hopeful by the time you take over it will be normal.  Whatever that is.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2022, 12:05:28 pm »

Diary of Mot ‘Footloose’ Kegbolted - Summer, 253

Dear Diary,

It is the 1st of Hematite.

The Bogey Thief is unconscious.  He got into a fight with a boar and has a few scars now.  Beat up a Swordswoman with no problem but getting into a fight with a wild pig gave him issues.  Okay…

It had also been pointed out to me that the Swordswoman is unarmed.  She is so badly wounded she can’t grasp a weapon any more.  In fact she is being attacked by one of the boar sows who are roaming the forest.

Once again I would likely found this funny if we were not in such a horrible place.

Dear Diary,

It is the 5th of Hematite.

One of the Hunters, chasing a boar, was attacked by the Swordswoman.  She chased Dea Jimpleost through the town, over the river, and into the gathering place.  Before stopping.  I think the Swordswoman is tired.

Dear Diary,

It is the 11th of Hematite.

Human traders have come.  But the depot has not been completed.  Between the two wounded Bogeys and the wild pigs very little is getting done.  I need trees cut down, workshops rebuilt, fields sowed, and all other kinds of things down just to keep this place alive.  And very little of it is being done.

WE NEED NOBLES!  Something I thought I would never write down.  And once we have Nobles everybody needs to become part of the military.  No ifs, buts, or maybes. 

Dear Diary,

It is the 19th of Hematite.

The Maceman destroyed our Fishery and now is attacking our Gem Setter.  The Maceman, earlier, also attacked a pet bunny.  This is becoming so tiresome.  When there is a Mayor I am asking to be the Broker so I can retired and relax.  The Brokers are the lazy ones, right?

Dear Diary,

It is the 20th of Hematite.

The Swordswoman is now a Wrestler.  Without her blade she had been using her hands.  And now is skilled at wrestling.  Great.

Dear Diary,

It is the 25th of Hematite.

The Wrestler has killed the Hunter, Dea, who was pulled aparted.  I really hate these two Bogeys.

But both are hurting badly.  I just need some organized militia!

Dear Diary,

It is the 26th of Hematite.

The Weaver, Tall Arynestes, has been found dead.  I am pretty sure the Maceman killed him.  At this pace we will never have fifty citizens.  Unless we get a huge group next time!

Dear Diary,

It is the 28th of Hematite.

I am not even sure how to write this.  But it seems the Bogey Wrestler has become depressed.  She was sad before.  In fact that had become her title. 

But now she had sunk into depression.  Maybe if I give her some rope and point out a tall tree….

Dear Diary,

It is the 6th of Malachite.

The Wrestler has been sitting in the brook most of the time.  But killed a child.  Why do the pumpkinheads keep going near it?  It is blocking some of them, trapping them on the other side of the river.  They have been cut off from the drinks, food, and beds.  They are becoming stressed out.

I need migrants.  The pumpkins’ stupid laws won’t allow them to pick Nobles without a certain number of citizens!

PS - I found out why they kept going near the Bogey.  There use to be a bridge there.  But it got moved.  But whoever moved it failed to forbid traffic where the old bridge was and allow traffic over the new bridge.  So nobody was using the new bridge but crossing where the old bridge was.  Where the Bogey was waiting.  To scare them or kill them.  I have ordered traffic to use the NEW bridge.  I hope that helps.

And one of the Peasants is throwing a tantrum.  Because nothing is getting done and they are all haggard and stressed out. 

Oh my.  The Peasant is beating the stuffing out of the Wrestler. 

And…she’s dead.

As for the Maceman, I found his corpse.  Seems he was killed by the Carpenter who took things into his own hands.er...vines and attacked the Bogey with a copper scythe.

I guess we’re okay besides all the stressed out and wounded citizens?

Dear Diary,

It is the 10th of Malachite.

Now I can organize the hamlet.  We have more bedrooms than we needed due to all the deaths.  But I am going to build more bedrooms and offices for future migrants.  Maybe try to enclose the buildings with a wall?  It will be hard to do.  They are kind of all over the place.

Dear Diary,

It is the 13th of Malachite.

Guess who just showed up?  That’s right!  Migrants!  Let’s see how many there are.  If we hit fifty we will need a LOT of bedrooms.  But we’re have a government!  Praise everybody and everything.  But for that frog god thing who almost got everybody killed.

Oh bummer.  Well, we’re now thirty-one.  Not good.  Not bad.

Dear Diary,

It is the 18th of Malachite.

I have been told some of the citizens are not happy because I ignored a temple petition by the Murky Fellowship.  And one of the dead kids is now a ghost.  And I can’t do anything about it because the Bogeys destroyed the Craftsman workshop so I can’t make a memorial slab.  And one of the pumpkin’s needs a crutch. 

My head hurts.

Dear Diary,

It is the 14th of Galena.

Yeah, I have been busy.  Digging graves, making coffins, getting bedrooms made, and putting beds into some of the old bedrooms.  Some people will have to have roommates. 

But, as far as I can tell, everybody had a room, a bed, a cabinet or chest, the tavern functions, and even the library has visitors. 

Dear Diary,

It is the 18th of Galena.

They finished the trade depot!!!!

Dear Diary,

Autumn has come.  So much left to make.  But I feel that I will be done before the winter.  And if more migrants come we can have a proper government in place soon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC : A lot of surprises this season.  Watching the Bogeys get murdered by pumpkinheads who could not take it anymore was somewhat funny.  And between putting corpses in the coffins and putting up memorial slabs the southern part of the map, the graveyard, is messy.  Once things slow down I, or a future Leader, will have to reorganize it.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 09:25:34 am by callisto8413 »

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2022, 12:29:42 pm »

God the story of Retz chuckrelieved the sad. Truely a sad tale of a fallen warrior. Lost her sword and slowly losing herself. Truely sad

Drunken scholar

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2022, 04:10:48 pm »

this fortress started out really cute. it has become anything but . . .

But now she had sunk into depression.  Maybe if I give her some rope and point out a tall tree….

Retz Chuckrelieved the Sad spent literal months stalking and attacking our citizens. But why? And what caused her mood to change so dramatically?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Loving these updates!!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2022, 04:46:42 am »

Had a feeling someone would be able to turn things around and look at that we got the migrants and we live to see another year.

Also it seems like we might need to put up a wall.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2022, 10:09:20 am »

Diary of Mot ‘Footloose’ Kegbolted - Autumn, 253

Dear Diary,

It is the 1st of Limestone.

Autumn has come.  Let us see if I can keep this hamlet in one piece till we can get a proper government and a proper military.  I’ll start making a Hall…in other words a bunch of offices and dining rooms and bedrooms for the future Nobles.  And maybe think on a jail.  A lot of these pumpkins look a tad crazy to me.

Dear Diary,

It is the 3rd of Limestone.

A force of Bogeys have arrived.  I will try to burrow the populace into some of the barns.  But I doubt many of them will listen to me.  The idiots are depressed or too far away to make it.

Idiots!  They rushed into the tavern, which was part of the burrow, and one of the dropped a log in one of the doors.  And one pumpkinhead fell asleep in one of the doorways.  We’re all doomed!

And one of the upper level has a shoe in the doorway.  We’re all doomed!

(The diary is soaked in dark red blood)

(Written on the wall in the upper level of the southern barn)

I am Lougge Jimlard, I am six years old, and I am with Mendolp Criahculotton, she is five years old.  I think everybody else is dead.  We have lots of food and drink but we’re locked in.  I think we can break out and run for it. 

I think the wild pigs are back.  And some of the visitors are still fighting.  I think we need to flee while the bad bogeys fight the good bogeys.

(Lower down on the same wall)

I can’t seem to break the door!  I’m too small!  I want my mommy!  I want my mommy!

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2022, 10:11:56 am »

Okay, that was depressing.  So folks, we can do three things.

1. Reclaim Abbey of Books.  With soldiers.
2. Set up new embark.  Knowing that it is just as horrible as regular Dward Fortress we can set up a prioneer fort.  Instead of the peaceful settlement I tried to set up.
3. Give up.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2022, 10:21:39 am »

I propose that 3 isnt an option, I think that the refortification of the abbey of books as a strategical defensive location in the war with the bogies. I also think that since there is a handful of us their whoever does the new reclaim we should each build a starting pumpkin. So the skills we want them to have. But that's my thoughts. For example:

Pumpkin name : Avo
Embark Skills : Competent Wound dresser and Adequate surgeon
Squad Role : Medic 

Drunken scholar

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2022, 10:26:27 am »

I propose that 3 isnt an option, I think that the refortification of the abbey of books as a strategical defensive location in the war with the bogies. I also think that since there is a handful of us their whoever does the new reclaim we should each build a starting pumpkin. So the skills we want them to have. But that's my thoughts. For example:

Pumpkin name : Avo
Embark Skills : Competent Wound dresser and Adequate surgeon
Squad Role : Medic

Interesting idea.  But all the Pumpkins should also have some military skill.  Even a Medic may need to pick up a gun or bow.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2022, 10:31:41 am »

Thanks and I agree. That was an example. But if i was doing legit I would make it Adequate gun pumpkin and Competent Wound dresser which basically makes a combat medic. (God its gotten dark but I think we can restore peace).

Drunken scholar

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2022, 06:04:33 pm »

I vote reclaim. Give me a swordsdwarf with an iron sword, or bronze if not available, with the following skillset:

4 sword
4 dodge
2 fighter

Lets take this back!

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2022, 06:33:59 pm »

I know BluarianKnight is next but if he isn't up for the reclaim/taking the first turn in the reclaim, im happy to do so.

Drunken scholar

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2022, 06:49:40 pm »

Eh, screw it. I can reclaim. Toss the file.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11