- 4 (100%)
Pick A New Site
- 0 (0%)
Let it god!  Oh Armok let it GO!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: January 31, 2022, 10:19:04 am

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Abbey of Books - A Autumn Kingdom Succession Fort! Overseers NO LONGER Needed!  (Read 14313 times)

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Abbey of Books - A Autumn Kingdom Succession Fort!
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2022, 02:27:50 pm »

Callisto is it okay to use your pumpkin in a writeup?
Go right ahead!
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2022, 05:46:02 pm »

This was a splendid fortress to play, by the way. I think with a little more fleshing out of the world the mod itself would make for a wonderful total conversion.

I enjoyed how weak the pawns were, though our captains untimely dodge into the ground resulted in rather dramatic injuries..

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2022, 05:58:52 pm »

Im about half way through my turn and well we are still alive despite getting attacked. Thats all i will say for now.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2022, 06:23:15 pm »

This was a splendid fortress to play, by the way. I think with a little more fleshing out of the world the mod itself would make for a wonderful total conversion.

I can see it being a lot of fun with a little more work and maybe less super-werewolves.

Im about half way through my turn and well we are still alive despite getting attacked. Thats all i will say for now.

With our luck it was a forgotten-werewolf-beast.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2022, 06:37:28 pm »

Its not werebeast, So im gonna expand on the current state of things, I did make it out til summer and forgot to save. At the begining of summer on the 3rd of Hematite, the boggies who are now at war of us invade. So when i crashed i got booted to there. Now these boggies aren't just content they knock over statues in the temple and now one is a vampire and the other is a werebeast. Additionally i think our entire civ in general is at war and we are all thats left as Callisto becomes king of our Civ, im gonna try and hold out this siege and see what happens but i was wondering what i should do as its a fort ender.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 07:42:47 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2022, 07:46:18 pm »

Lost so much progress but its better than the alternative.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 08:09:54 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2022, 08:25:33 pm »

Keep going.  If it ends it ends.  If not I play next and see what I can do.   Or it ends and I start another story with a different modded world.  It's all good.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2022, 02:18:30 am »

yeah... frequent backups as something about the mod and / or save file result in crashes ~ once a season.

I tend to backup as soon as I complete designation tasks.

I must admit, it was kind of exciting with so many werewolves.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2022, 03:58:57 am »

Was playing it out and it crashed again. Now doing frequent saves.

Drunken scholar

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2022, 04:26:44 am »

Hopefully it stops crashing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2022, 04:40:28 am »

SPRING 252
Extracts from the diary of Head Scholar Avolition

1st of Granite
Well it turns out that since I became an adult this year I was entered into a draw for the next leader of the Abbey of books. Whilst most of the locals are treating my title as a superficial title, I see it as a chance to course correct this “village”. We are the Abbey of books, we don’t have a library and the only “book” we have is this amateurish piece about someone writing another book. It's a joke. I think it's time to change, I have already taken to using a new name, to reflect my growth into my new role.

2nd of Granite
First person I need to get my plans in motion is Callisto, our head architect/first leader. With him being pinned with the failures to deal with werewolves, he will do anything to appease the town. I show him my diagrams and he gives me a questioning look. All i had to do was show the benefits of this project to him, he wanted to master a skill right. He got up from his chair and started planning it out.

13th of Granite
Convinced our old and new captain to go out on a little expedition to an abandoned Monastery of Slapsquare, from what the rumors around town say there are few books stored at the place. As for trading, it didn't go too well. When I asked them to trade our goods I didn't realize they were giving them in wooden barrels. Hopefully it hasn’t angered them too much but they didn't have much goods to trade of value.

17th of Granite
They returned and they brought back new knowledge, so interesting. They relayed that there are still some more books there and that a place of interest to investigate is lovertramples. An abandoned fortress not too far from there. Dug deep into the earth. I will send them to recover books later. Right now, the planes have been drawn up and we are constructing a library.

6th of Slate
Joyful news we have a new pumpkin in town. Our town Potter Moser Philsewalivin has given birth to a girl pumpkin. What a great day.

12th of Slate
Well this could be an issue, seems like tonnot has decided he is a miner, seems his work on my pet project could be rumbled. The fool, I was trying to acquire some gems for him to cut. For now I'll just say he is helping in the quarry. The library's progress is going great.

4th of Felsite
The self proclaimed Bogey Thief Card Wartherforving has shown up at our little village. I wonder if he is looking for books. We will keep an eye on this fellow.

12th of Felsite
A specter Bard came to me today, asking to join our little village for the purpose of entertainment. Why not. Would be nice to have someone perform in the Revered Sourness. APPROVED

24th of Felsite
Buckets and a ghost, why were these memorial slabs not installed. Putting them across the river just so we can lay this soul to rest. Onto other matters we had no buckets, this has since been fixed.

(Only crashes during Season trasitions for me, due to not seeing the date and trying to do stuff just as it starts to save)

Drunken scholar

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2022, 05:55:42 am »

Summer

1st of Hematite
The roof of the library is almost done, dead are at peace and no werewolfs so far. Touch wood.

3rd of Hematite
Boggies, those traitorous bastards, they are coming to invade. Im locked in a bedroom, didn't make it to the burrow. Hopefully they don’t stay long
END OF EXTRACTS.

Communal diary for the children of Abbey of Books

Extract from Abie Ateanckgarther

22nd of Malachite
Avolition is dead, my little brother was trapped in a bedroom without food, he withered away, I'm the only adult left. Those boggies rampaged through, killing many, just me and the children remain. The adults were with us but decided to give us a chance and fight them. I was getting them but one of those boggies was different, he defiled our temples and was cursed. He dispatched the rest of our people and ran before I could face him. We also have a human Dancer who the adults agreed could join us so I guess the kids will be entertained. But for how long

24th of Malachite
At Least the adults were smart. They made plenty of stockpiles, according to the log books migrants would come today as they have done in the past. They didn’t. These are bleak times, a young pumpkin came in and told me one of those nasty creatures is hiding in the library and ruining the last piece of my brother's work. I would stop him but I'm paralysed, the other kids are far too young to realize I need a crutch, they are all playing make believe and the dancer is distracting them from the horror around us. I dont think ill make it. It's up to you kids

Entry of the Boggie thief Kliot Deanpoplp
24th of  Galena
Looks like I'm in charge of these sad sacks, this is my life. Comfy bedrooms, lots of buildings to trash, I scare the children all day. It is life. No one stands up for themselves. I'm their leader, there's nothing sweeter.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 06:11:02 am by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2022, 05:59:35 am »

Autumn

1st of Limestone
Well its been fun but this place hasn’t got any value to me. Tah Tah gourds

Craving in the side of the house by Abie Ateanckgarther

5th of Limestone
So thirsty. So hungry. Please help us

Entry Unknown
13th of Limestone
Abie isn’t moving anymore, he is like those other pumpkins. They are silly. Sleep tight Abie

REPORT from Towne hinge Caravan

15thof Limestone

This isn’t good, I'm unhappy. The trade depot is gone. Did they move it? No, we later found most citizens murdered. Only a few children and a human dancer are the only lasting members. I would send help to take the children with us but ugh peasants. I only agreed to be a diplomat for the office, not to be a babysitter. Besides, they have plenty of food and drink here. As well as entertainment. I guess I would recommend sending migrants there, I see some good potential from their quarry.

Entry Unknown
6th Sandstone
Pumpkins left, no new pumpkins have come. Wonder if they are sleeping too. Hope they don’t get scared of Emmente, he is a spooky specter now.

12th of Timber
Dwilton is back, he is a specter too now. He isn’t happy with us
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 06:04:37 am by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2022, 06:01:49 am »

Winter

17th of Opal
Nice specter wanted to go to the library i show him the way

21st of Opal
The Decisions of Morality came to town, i want to see them perform

12 of Obsidian
Muses of Scholar Erry Jusserniah

The abbey of books as a community is almost certainly dead but the hollow cathedral has suddenly become a hotspot, bard, performers are all flocking here to perform. The cathedral has seen better days, its evident that boggies have defiled the place leaving it just a mere shrine and yet performers from around the world are coming here. Perhaps a sign for the Murky Fellowship. Whatever the message is it certainly seems to not involve the remaining inhabitants.

Here is the file : https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15827

If this dies i suggest what would be cool is to keep it going, a new town in the same world.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 06:14:31 am by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2022, 07:46:25 am »

Due to Amtrak being jerks I cannot get home, and to my computer, till Sunday.  I'll grab the save then and start.  See if we can save it.  We should get more migrants.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11