Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Discussion on Word/Letter Games  (Read 14922 times)

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
Re: Discussion on Word/Letter Games
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2022, 04:49:38 am »

Wordle 213

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛
⬛⬛
⬛⬛
⬛⬛

Ye gads, first sixer. I couldn't even come up with any other words that started with those three letters... had to stare at my keyboard long and hard for even the fifth, which I don't think is even a word.

How dare you pin the sixer on Iduno!   :P  Especially given your signature LOL
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jokes aside, some days simply have obscure words.  Most of us barely know the 212 word from a specific piece of fiction, as you pointed out yesterday.  Today's word is only used in tech and some bureau lingo, to my knowledge.  Some days, you lose, and other days, the others win.  :)

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2022, 10:41:22 am »

Sorry about that Iduno; I've been quoting you as a template for your really nicely formatted blocks and forgot to remove them this time. (Also, are you forming them by hand, or are they automatically generated somehow?) :o

I actually use the word on a fairly regular basis, but it just took forever to click. And by forever, I came up with the fifth quasi-word, and had to resort to methodically trying every combo of remaining letters until I worked my way down, saw my next 4th letter, and the 5th one mentally slammed into place.

Yeah, I'm still holding out hope against hope that I'll somehow get my attribution fixed. I don't think it ever will be.  >:(
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2022, 11:04:24 am »

Sorry about that Iduno; I've been quoting you as a template for your really nicely formatted blocks and forgot to remove them this time. (Also, are you forming them by hand, or are they automatically generated somehow?) :o

When you finish the puzzle of the day (or click on the "statistics" icon that looks like a sky-line or a bar-chart), then you get a big colourful "SHARE" button which puts the entire thing into your clipboard.  After clicking the Share button, simply paste the text (ctrl + v) and there you go.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2022, 11:39:44 am »

When you finish the puzzle of the day (or click on the "statistics" icon that looks like a sky-line or a bar-chart), then you get a big colourful "SHARE" button which puts the entire thing into your clipboard.  After clicking the Share button, simply paste the text (ctrl + v) and there you go.

Oooo, handy. I'm used to that button trying to directly interface with other stuff and causing a mess so I've been avoiding it.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2022, 02:13:07 pm »

Once the puzzle is solved or failed, the option to share is in the lower right corner. It gives the puzzle number, and the nice spoiler-free guess pattern.

Wordle 213 X/6*

⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬛⬛

[/spoiler]

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2022, 06:27:03 am »

Wordle 214 6/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩🟨
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

The word was

Jokes aside, I got lucky and guessed right on second try, with only one yellow letter.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2022, 02:02:35 pm »

Wordle 214 2/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Okay, so here's what happened:

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2022, 05:57:42 pm »

Wordle 214 2/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Okay, so here's what happened:

Wordle 214 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩
⬛⬛🟩⬛🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I led off with the same word. Actually had a lot of trouble coming up with 5 letter words with that ending, but then it still took me three trys!
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2022, 04:01:13 pm »

Wordle 214 4/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩
⬛⬛🟩⬛🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I led off with the same word. Actually had a lot of trouble coming up with 5 letter words with that ending, but then it still took me three trys!

I had the same issue today. Getting the last letter right is way less useful than the first letter.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2022, 04:28:21 pm »

Wordle 215 4/6*

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2022, 09:48:20 pm »

Decided to get in on this - was reasonably happy with my first try:

Wordle 215 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

With just the single correct letter mocking me for two tries, it became increasingly tough to think of words that didn't repeat known bad letters.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2022, 11:33:41 am »

Wordle 216 3/6

🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I thought for a moment I might get this on my second try, but 4/5 meant I was guaranteed to get it on the third go isntead.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2022, 08:14:08 pm »

Wordle 216 2/6*

🟨🟩⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Lucky guess
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2022, 12:47:19 am »

Decided to get in on this - was reasonably happy with my first try:

Wordle 215 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

With just the single correct letter mocking me for two tries, it became increasingly tough to think of words that didn't repeat known bad letters.

No matter how well/badly I do, this is the way I feel on about half of the puzzles.

Even though each guess got me more information today/tonight.
Wordle 216 5/6*

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2022, 08:43:09 am »

Spoiler: #217, January 22th (click to show/hide)
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13