Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Maps in legends mode  (Read 1291 times)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Maps in legends mode
« on: January 15, 2022, 09:16:05 am »

Whenever you view a page for a site, region, or other thing that stays still in Legends Mode it should either have a map already/always visible, or a button to show a world map and where that site etc. is located. You could of course go very in-depth with this but the important part is just having some sort of map, since it is very easy to get lost without ones.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
Re: Maps in legends mode
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 03:38:33 am »

Yep! Often it's hard to remember, even after checking the regions menu, where e.g the "Forest of Unicorns" is on the map where the hamlet you're reading about is located.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

GumNut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 06:56:43 pm »

+1

I'd also want the location on the map light up when you hover the link to a location in the text.

Bjorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2022, 08:11:48 pm »

+1, there are already tools that do this, but it should be in vanilla.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2022, 01:21:47 am »

Now none of these threads have been very old, but try not to bump them just to +1.

Quote from: Board guidelines
BEFORE POSTING A SUGGESTION
  • [...]
  • Search for an existing thread. If you find a thread similar to your idea, you can bump it to expand on the suggestion, even if the thread is old.  However, please do not bump threads just to show support.

Though maybe this doesn’t count as just a +1 because you mentioned tools. Which are those tools? Legends Viewer I know has it, but are there others that show it in some different way?

Bjorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2022, 04:32:04 am »

Sorry, I thought we were supposed to give our support to ideas, didn't know we had to say anything more constructive than that. Next time I won't comment if I don't have anything to add. I said tools in the plural only in a generic way. The only one that came to mind was Legends Viewer.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2022, 09:22:57 am »

The not bumping just to show support is just for old threads, with new threads it is both allowed and appreciated, even if being constructive is even more so :). Honestly though I am not sure what constitutes an ”old” thread, this one might not be being only a few months old. Or maybe a month is the cutoff? I dunno.