Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Primordial Dreamers [END]  (Read 1679 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Primordial Dreamers [END]
« on: January 17, 2022, 12:45:16 am »

An infinitely large expanse of endless roiling and flashing of untamed fancy, contained within a point small beyond existence. Existing and not existing, merely a figment, a dream old and young within imagining and beyond understanding. From among the nuclear chaos and screeching trumpeting there emerges self-perpetuating dynamos maintaining themself through themselves, dreams that have become dreamers, thoughts of that which has no thought, which now think, or perhaps not.

All around them the infinite nothingness filled with everything all at once, churns in perhaps celebration, as symbols and images and sounds and scents and tastes (oh the tastes!) mix and twist and dance and overwhelm. The fragile dynamos of the primordial dreamers tremble under the onslaught of the womb, as they consider what to do.

Welcome Dreamer, to your Dream. You are an island of stability in the that which is everything. Therein lies both your salvation and doom, as you as constantly battered by the onslaught of too much that is not you, and yet able to easily pluck your defences against the same from that very same glorious multitude, for you are Dreaming, and this is a Dream.

You may focus on up to two specific dreams at a time, granting them significance. This will allow them to persist in a uniform state for extended periods within the eroding presence of the Dream. As they are battered by the Dream, they will lose significance over time, fading and melting back into the Dream. You may maintain favoured dreamlets by focusing on them successively, or attempt to tie them directly into your dynamo, flooding them with its influence and making yourself vulnerable to increase your versatility.

Contemplate the wonder of your own continued existence

Who are you, oh dreamer. What titles do you claim as your sole property, and will thus be inevitably stolen from you? Gergalos the Many-Coloured of the Singing Sun
Are you a first person, a second person, or a third person?
What dynamo drives your continued survival? Enjoyment/Curiosity/Wrath/Stubborness/Melancholy/Nuclear Energy

What do you do?

A friendly dream guide reminds the Dreamers that their continued survival is currently under threat by the primordial Dream. The dream guide then eats itself and thus never existed.

[Multiple player godgame thing I guess]
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 09:21:07 am by Demonic Spoon »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Primordial Dreamers
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 02:32:19 am »

We is yourself are to be the Brink of Catastrophe Advancing from the Horizon, Jauntily, a three-halfth plurunar reflexive infinitive person dreamer. You hold ourselve we maintain sovereignty over the Fifth Kingdom of Incoherence, Paradox, and Counterfactuals Records Notwithstanding, the Grand Duchy of Impending Doom, and the Nickship of the Free City of Time and you us yourself we may are permitted to survive only so long as thyself we are threatened and no longer.

As your ourself inaugural act, welf yourse to dream of horrific cabbage skeletons rolling up the Hill of the Absurd forever and ever.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 02:37:13 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 05:00:05 am »

We is yourself are to be the Brink of Catastrophe Advancing from the Horizon, Jauntily, a three-halfth plurunar reflexive infinitive person dreamer. You hold ourselve we maintain sovereignty over the Fifth Kingdom of Incoherence, Paradox, and Counterfactuals Records Notwithstanding, the Grand Duchy of Impending Doom, and the Nickship of the Free City of Time and you us yourself we may are permitted to survive only so long as thyself we are threatened and no longer.

As your ourself inaugural act, welf yourse to dream of horrific cabbage skeletons rolling up the Hill of the Absurd forever and ever.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2022, 06:53:58 am »

Yourself Brink of Catastrophe Advancing from the Horizon, Jauntily remembers what we they you always were, and never will be. Our/your/their Fifth Kingdom of Incoherent Paradox flashes briefly amidst the Primordial Dream, before sinking beneath the waves of everything else. Inside your/our stormy form of impending calamity, our/their/his dynamo churns and chortles eagerly, drinking in the impending threat from all that is outside of it, the universal threat of the Primordial Dream threatening to eat it, empowering it. Yet it/our/your calculations show the dire results that more energy is being lost to resisting the Primordial Dream that is being stolen from it. A net loss promising eventual death.

Yet eventual death is not yet death, and while you/we/I still live, we shall not go quietly into infinity. The cackling of fossilized fronds resounds as a troupe of dread cabbage skeletons roll from prophetic jaws of danger, rolling down the Hill of the Absurd, forever and ever, never reaching the bottom.

Perhaps this is good for us/we/them.

Dreamers:
Name: Brink of Catastrophe Advancing from the Horizon, Jauntily
Person: Messy
Dynamo: Hostility/Threat
Estimated Remaining Lifespan: 4 periods

Dreams:
Horrific Cabbage Skeletons: 3 Significance
Hill of the Absurd: 3 Significance

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Primordial Dreamers [1/10]
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2022, 02:46:56 am »

Ignore this crap.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 03:45:52 am by King Zultan »
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2022, 03:04:13 am »

Is this how my prose feels for other people?

I am Catte! Felidae!
I'm First Person, clearly! But Second Person when you're talking!
I exist because cattes are cute!

I will attempt to ascertain a method by which I may prolong my existence!
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2022, 03:27:08 am »

I am Lynn, the Lady of the Swan. I am, naturally, a first-person. What drives me is the realization of potential, by myself and others.

For my first act, I observe an idyllic lake - with threatening shapes beneath the water.

(What do you mean, this is a blatant self-insert?)
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2022, 04:03:59 am »

Oh damn didn't realize we needed characters for this.

I am Tob the Amazing, I also happen to be a unicorn and a third person.

I am currently inside a burning building made of teeth!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2022, 11:00:47 am »

Emboldened by the danger, ourself you to intervene and save one horrific cabbage skeleton from their ordained fate by rolling them up to the top of the Hill of the Absurd, unreachable and unachievable though we yourself to believe it be. This yourself we to swear as the Grand Duke of Impending Doom: Let nothing stand in your way!

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2022, 02:00:21 pm »

You are the Moon in Red. Thou art the Vermilion Memory.
You live in other’s eyes, living between blinks through the memory of your last moment.
You dream of blood, and reminisce of happiness.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2022, 04:04:26 pm »

The cheerful cackling of the cabbage fossils rolling down/up the Hill of the Absurd stirs to action further dreamers (they do not, as such, awaken, because this is a dream), who blossom and unfold into their/our full splendifurious glories.

I, Catte! Felidae! who is you when I am speaking, feels the omnipresent dream nibbling at me, and you decide that I must do something about this. But what, you cannot yet determine, and so I fish a hand into a ephemeral stream of scrolls and deer, before raising out a grand scroll embossed all over with finest icing. A dream guide, my instinct mutters indistinctly, as it unfurls dramatically, completely blank, as all writing should be.

You read it studiously, and I understand and comprehend as the scroll tells me that to prolong life one must take daily walks, build and maintain bulwarks or scapegoats to take battering in your place, and grow fat from feasting on what your dynamo hungers for. As if summoned, my dynamo grumbles and mewls hungrily. For no cattes, cute or otherwise, seem to be visible, thus calling their factual cuteness into question, a most dangerous state of affairs. You manage to console me by convincing yourself that you are a cute Catte. Probably. Cuteness is just a social construct okay. If I say I'm cute then I am. Your dynamo still grumbles.

Almost as an afterthought, the scroll whispers to you that the ambitious may try to tame the wild horse of the Primordial Dream so that it does not trample so. A fool's errand, but what am I, if not a fool?

I, Lynn, the Lady of the Swan admire my feathered appearance in the perfect picturesque Lake of Idyll. There are certainly no monstrous shadows or ill-omened currents swirling in its depths, for why would I dream up such horrors? Absurd. Speaking of Absurd, my lake borders the bottomless, topless Hill of the Absurd, and the cackling of its horrid cabbage skeletons disturb my contemplation of my own scaled perfection, and appreciation of my beautiful lake. My chest feels terribly hollow and empty, my feeble dynamo letting out small whimpers as if frightened by the masses and masses of potential all around, completely unrealized, untapped.

Tob the Amazing attempts to self-realize, a single horn piercing into triumphant existence, but withers up and is swept away by a tide of crumply flowers, completely unable to persist without a suitable dynamo. Perhaps they will return again.

We, which is to say you and they, Brink of Catastrophe Advancing from the Horizon, Jauntily, does what they and I and also you believe to be impossible, quite a common occurrence in dreams. With the urgency and and suddenness of calamitous lightning, you which is they which is us plucks up one of the merrily cackling cabbages and transposes it at the top of the Hill of the Absurd which has no top. This is surprisingly easy to accomplish, but the result is quite damaging to look at. Our and their dynamo rumbles happily as you and they and I stare happily at the impossible, paradoxical handiwork of royal incoherence. The cabbage skeleton cackles uncertainly, rolling around in endless circles upon a single point, the proverbial, which is to say original, angel on a pinhead.

Thou art the Moon in Red, a Vermillion Memory. You succumb to grand solipsism sinking deeper and deeper into yourself, reveling in dreams of memories of dreams of blood and happiness not forgotten. And thus the Primordial Dream bleeds, wounded grievously. A great gap is cut out of the riotous everything, and from it gushes a river of mostly red blood. It happily flows around, potentially up and also down, the Hill of the Absurd into the Idyllic Lake, quite spoiling its natural beauty. You are happy, and remember yourself from the eyes of Lynn, who stares at you. Thou becomes clearer in thine remembrances, perhaps.

The Primordial Dream seems slightly calmer. For certain definitions of slightly and calmer.

Spoiler: Dreamers (click to show/hide)

Dreams:
Horrific Cabbage Skeletons: 5 Significance
Hill of the Absurd: 5 Significance
Lake of Idyll: 3 Significance
Scroll of Guiding: 3 Significance
Wound in the Primordial that is a Dream Which Bleeds with Great Fury into a Mighty Torrent Which Flows Onwards: 3 Significance
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 04:09:34 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
Re: Primordial Dreamers [4/10]
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2022, 05:21:03 pm »

I, Lynn, will acquire a cabbage skeleton and introduce it to the Lake of Idyll. This is certainly not to feed any creatures in its depths, no. I merely wish to allow the horrific cabbage monster to enjoy the picturesque waters.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2022, 05:35:55 pm »

None of this is suitable, far too... dramatic.
I go for a walk elsewhere so that I may see some cattes.
And the Queen of Cattes, Lioness. Who is super strong and could beat up anything, even a dream!
I also bring the Guide along with me, sustaining it.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2022, 05:36:38 pm »

I am Squeeky the Kiwi Chef (a bird, not a fruit!) and I wear a little chef's hat.

Also, I am indeed a second person androgyne (me being the primeval kiwi), and I am the proud bearer of many splendorous titles: The Five-Stars Puddinger, The Pastry Sculptor of Krumble, Kyūkyoku no Sushi Sensei, Munchen's Best Chef of the Aeon, Le Tout Mignon Cordon Bleu and The Foremoist Champion of the Ogre's Digest.

My only purpose is to cater for the hegemonic domination of good tastes and smells over all other senses, smothering the entire existence in an omnipresent crémage of delight!

My dynamo is the Universal Cooking Stove™, and as a first move, I will use it to cook a Yellow Sponge Cake Fortress for me to live in, that will imbibe itself with the Primordial Dream, thus preventing my exquisite brown plumage from being besmirched by it!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2022, 06:27:46 pm »

So does exist The End, Dreamer. For they are not an figment, yet remain a dream that is the dreamer. They sleep until the end of the world, occasionally focusing on some flight of fancy that inevitably becomes a circus of drama. So does the Dreamer dream of the World Within the Dream. Let the gates that are They never be opened, for then the end does not arrive, but cease to be.
Pages: [1] 2 3