Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: [SG] Lost and Confused  (Read 3148 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: [SG] Lost and Confused
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2022, 08:49:08 pm »

be careful.  tell the pilot to set us down somewhere high, defensible, and where we can keep an eye on the smoke.  we then get our hands on some binoculars, and after scanning our surroundings for threats, we try to ascertain more about the smoke and where its coming from. 
+1

+1, while also relaying all the info we've gained to our squad leader
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2022, 03:29:22 am »

be careful.  tell the pilot to set us down somewhere high, defensible, and where we can keep an eye on the smoke.  we then get our hands on some binoculars, and after scanning our surroundings for threats, we try to ascertain more about the smoke and where its coming from. 
+1

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2022, 09:40:28 pm »

+1

+1
+1

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2022, 12:03:03 am »

+1

+1
+1

+1

And, by the way, how many batteries do we have for our electronics and how long do they last?  Are they rechargeable?  If so, do we have anything to recharge them with?  Does recharging them require fuel?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2022, 05:35:49 am »

And, by the way, how many batteries do we have for our electronics and how long do they last?  Are they rechargeable?  If so, do we have anything to recharge them with?  Does recharging them require fuel?
(As far as I'm aware military helicopters don't have battery charges in them, also it probably depends on what the batteries are in weather or not they can be recharged. Like a two way radio has built in batteries that recharge but a flashlight does not and they are single use.)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2022, 10:44:35 am »

+1

After giving directions to the pilot, who responds with a nod of agreement and turns the helicopter 90 degrees, flying towards a nearby clearing on top of a hill, you tell what you have seen and heard to Noah Collins. The sergeant sits down to mull over the recent events, taking notes on a notepad. You search the lobby and cabin for batteries but find no loose ones. If you might need electricity, you will have to take batteries from equipment such as flashlights and radios. Fortunately, there is a battery charger in the cockpit, however, it works off the Chinook's battery which is a fairly limited resource unless you can find fuel. The batteries in most equipment should last a little longer than civilian versions but not by much.

The warbird hovers over the grassy, tree-less patch upon the hill. As it touches down, blowing leaves, dust, and dirt in all directions, its two large rotors slow down, and their roar disappears into nothing. Finally some silence. Noah gives you the okay to step outside with a pair of binoculars, and your squad soon follows. The air is... different. The smell of cinnamon is still present but is weaker than it was immediately after the incident. Your thoughts are suddenly interrupted by a fellow rifleman, Jake Taylor, shouting and pointing to the edge of the clearing, revealing a... pile of still-smoldering wood ash and coals, likely the remnants of a campfire, beside a simple wooden stool. Someone was here not too long ago! You're really not sure how to feel about this. Other than this, nothing seems threatening.

You look towards the pillar, and what you see surprises you. It's a brightly-burning fire pit, around which is built a village with perhaps two dozen square huts made of logs and covered with broad leaves, with small windows. There is a single rectangular, large-windowed stone structure placed near the sole dirt path leading outside, and the whole settlement is surrounded by a palisade of sharpened logs. There are many people walking around, though you can't quite see any features they may have, what they are wearing, or even if they are humans or not (who knows given recent events). Atop the stone keep waves a large, fairly intricate flag with three tails:

Spoiler: You (click to show/hide)

What do you do?
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2022, 02:26:55 pm »

((Btw, I was more concerned with wether we have enough batteries/battery power to power our electronics (such as our radios).))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2022, 02:41:33 am »

I guess we should see how the Sargent wants to proceed with meeting the people in the town.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2022, 06:13:58 am »

I guess we should see how the Sargent wants to proceed with meeting the people in the town.

+1 absolutely, refer back to our commanding officer.

As far as our own decision making, keep monitoring the village with our binoculars.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2022, 04:41:00 am »

As far as our own decision making, keep monitoring the village with our binoculars.
+1

Yellow Pixel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2022, 04:21:49 pm »

+1
+1

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2022, 10:36:11 pm »

Yeah sorry for the delays I was just feeling down as of recent. Updating soon.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2022, 01:08:21 am »

+1
+1
+1

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2022, 02:16:11 am »

You thought this was dead? I keep my promises!

+1
+1
+1
After watching the village for some more, you see the villagers start loading up what looks like a wooden, roofed cart (not a cloth-roofed wagon, this one has a wooden roof and small circular windows) with some sort of crates and cages. You immediately inform Noah Collins about the settlement you have seen in the distance, describing everything you have seen and then handing over the binoculars for a moment. He is quite flabbergasted and not sure what to make of it, but still issues a clear order as he hands you the binoculars after a few minutes of similar surveying:
"They might be hostile. We might not even be on Earth anymore, I certainly don't recognize that flag and the architecture doesn't look African or Southeast Asian or South American. We take off again and follow that dirt path, see where it leads."
You follow your superior's orders as the Chinook takes off into the air. The rest of your squad don't even believe you until they see the village with their own eyes as the shadow of the chopper passes over its surprised denizens who look up in unison. You happen to get a clearer look on them, and they definitely aren't human. All seem to be of the same... species. Humanoid and of good stature, with long tails, snouts, and animal-like ears which are actually as large as their (normally-proportioned) heads. They are purple-ish in color, and you're not sure if they have fur, scales, or bare skin from this distance. The creatures wear light robes and tunics as well as footwraps. One, noticeably taller and bulkier than the rest, is wearing what looks like copper and silver jewelry and seems to be issuing orders to the others present.
The helicopter continues flying down the path. It is mostly featureless, though you see another one of those covered carts being pulled by an ox, heading away from the village. In the distance, you see what looks to be a larger town composed of taller stone structures, taking the form of square or cylindrical towers, rising from the sea of smaller wooden houses. Surrounding it is cleared jungle and a stone wall. You point forwards, calling the sergeant's attention, and following that he gives the order to land nearby and carefully approach.
You land some distance away in the clearing surrounding the city as clouds of dirt are blown into the air by the rotors. Nobody's nearby-- yet. The squad, headed by Noah and Jake as the rest follow behind, guns ready, steps outside. The city is much more clearly visible from here, though the wall makes it so that you can't see its streets, just the towers made of grayish cobblestone. One of those creatures; the same species as you have seen in the village, approaches you. He, or she, or it has very short purple fur and large orange eyes which resemble that of a lizard or snake. It is unarmed. Pointing to itself, the creature says something in a language you don't understand and doesn't really sound like anything you have heard.
"Sa lwa, ks mi ime ral-mu?"

Spoiler: You (click to show/hide)

What do you do?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2022, 05:26:34 am »

It seems to be ether telling us its name or what it is so I guess we try to talk back to it, maybe include saying our name and what we are while pointing at our self.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4