Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: GLADIATOR MANAGER  (Read 26975 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
GLADIATOR MANAGER
« on: January 28, 2022, 03:07:56 am »

FEATURING THE QUIXOTIC ANTICS OF
ROSEHEART

-- -- ~~ -- --
-- -- ~~ -- --
-- -- ~~ -- --
-- -- ~~ -- --
-- -- ~~ -- --

Played by BlackPaladin99, Fluffe9911, MeimieFan88, King Zultan, Horizon, syvarris, hops

6 Players -- Waitlist -- Permadeath -- Co-Op -- Asymmetry

House Tokens and T.R.A.I.T.S. by Man of Paper, Blood of Champions series (Est. 2019)
Mural courtesy of foxtrot, Famous Gladiators (2016)
Injury Tokens by Immortal, Roll To Dodge - A Crazy Forum Game (2008)
Based on the StarCraft: Broodwar map 'Gladiator RPG 4 (final)' (2005)
last balanced/tweaked by Babas 40 thievz A.K.A. Murelious
GLADIATOR RPG (2002) by
INTEGER8

« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 11:06:49 am by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Gladiator Manager
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2022, 03:10:20 am »

Table of Contents
009 - Prologue: Battle - Auction House
078 - Chapter 1: Prepare - House Constantine Ludus
142 - Chapter 1: Battle - Jungle Hunt

"Hang on Jagula, who's side are you on anyway? The cat's or our fellow slave Nerdelium's?"

Current Roster: Chapter 1

Gladiators [5/5]

Gladiator Manager

Opponents
Spoiler: Raptors (click to show/hide)

Arena
Spoiler: Jungle Hunt (click to show/hide)

Auction House: PM Slave Résumé to join waitlist.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 02:20:22 am by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2022, 03:11:05 am »

Arena Manual
Version 1.0

Slave Résumé

Encyclopedia

Essentials: Gladiators

Essentials: Manager

Advanced Stuff
Spoiler: Know Thyself. (click to show/hide)

Patch Notes
Version 1.0
- 9/3 Arena Manual updated up to Pop Quiz 2. Please see update 15(post #203) and beyond for newer information.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 11:41:00 am by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2022, 03:18:45 am »

Wrong subforum.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2022, 03:30:49 am »

Wrong subforum.
^
| Thanks. Yeah this isn't a part of ER lol.
I don't leave general FGRP often.

Roman gambling die, lead, 12m3, found in Leicestershire, England

Introduction
One player is the gladiator manager, the rest are the gladiators. HUGE DISCLAIMER: I really have no belly for describing gore, so expect most of the bloody details to be glossed over. That being said, injuries will be tracked in a more specific manner than a health bar. Minor injuries cause pain, major injuries take multiple matches to heal, and some wounds can't heal or are fatal. That is why this is a team game. This is PVE, at least for now with some light story elements.

I plan to use two d6 dice for a bell curve. Weapons and equipment your manager lends to you will modify these outcomes in certain situations. A fair bit of this game will be improvised, but the main gameplay loop is simply to schedule fights, fight, and buy upgrades to take on bigger fights.

Thread Rules
  • Finish what you Started.
    Please participate to the end of a chapter you sign up for, with 'Prepare' being the first half of the chapter, 'Battle' second. Re/sign-ups will only be between chapters. You can waitlist to receive a PM when a chapter is starting. If there are extra, the manager chooses who will fight. Players who participated in previous chapters are welcome to return as the same or a new character.

• Don't Hold Up the Game.
    If you're not going to do anything for a turn, say 'I pass'. If you're going to be unavailable for awhile, let me know. If you're going to leave, say 'I quit'. I'd much rather you leave the game, than hold it up for all the other players. I can respect that sometimes people lose interest, but please respect me and others who haven't.

• Know What you're Getting Into.
    Resources are limited. Mistakes are costly. Things can go from good to bad in an instant, and bad things tend to snowball. You are joining a cruel world, where slaves must fight for the entertainment of the masses, and profits of their master. This might be a tale of glory and liberation, if you stick with it, but it will definitely be one of brutality, either inflicted by you, or on you.

• Anything that I deem as relevant to Your Character, Goes In.
    Gladiator Manager does not separate IC and OOC. This is because IC roleplay is no more important than OOC gameplay discussion—which makes the distinction blurred. Anything game related you post in this thread/PM me is up for grabs. I'll squeeze just about everything into the story I can. This is to make it exciting and relatable, and to some degree, authentic. IE: If you throw a tantrum, your character will too.

• This is a Team Game, play it like one.
    To promote discussion and cooperation, and accommodate mixed availability, actions will be locked-in only after at least 7 days have passed. Please make the most of this time to strategize with your teammates. If everyone who submitted an action last turn, did so again, the manager can lock-in actions early. The manager should encourage cooperation for best results(and highest profits!).

• This is Game is a Bastard. (Or, if you prefer, 'I' am.)
    I will lie, I will present false information, and I will try to take from you everything you hold dear. You've been warned! Bastard Game = Partial Information. There may be times I withhold information your character wouldn't know, or give you false information that would appear true to them. The game is, however, winnable.

Tip:
Quote from: Nuke9.13
By the way, every update, except for the first (which is a few posts below this), contains the words [dice magic], so if you type that into the thread search function, it will pull up all updates without any of the posts in between.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 06:18:51 pm by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2022, 06:31:39 am »

I'm in as a gladiator.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2022, 09:00:32 am »

The Elven Archer throws their hat in the command, interesting, interesting...
Awesome With Autism

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2022, 03:33:01 pm »

Gib me gloree or gib me deth
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2022, 12:43:37 am »

Alrighty, time to throw a few tutorial/prologue punches at you. hops and Horizon may choose the gender and appearance of their gladiator slave. You have no possessions and are garbed in tattered rags. You haven't eaten anything resembling food in as long as you can remember, which admittedly is quite blurry. A piece of bread drops down from the bright grate in the ceiling. You share a portion with each other, and extend some for the other two. They are the new arrivals, they haven't starved as long as you two. The nearest one sees the frail outstretched limb and scoffs. They mutter to each other and turn with gleaming grins. After cracking knuckles and spitting at the floor, they close in to take the food. You each swallow it before they can take it from you, and they are furious. Defend yourself!

Formation
Both sides will take a formation, the standard one is to each be in a line. You can also have one person move infront of another during the enemy's attack. Changing formation does not use an action.

Action
Try to attack or defend, you can use punches, kicks, or anything you could reasonably do. This is the fight of your life!

Aside: Man of Paper actually made some really cool meta level stuff I want to borrow from Blood and Sand/Blood of Champions. I asked, we'll see. Either way, this is an improvised game, so let's get started. We'll focus on the combat right now.
Awesome With Autism

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2022, 03:25:18 am »

Is it to late to join?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2022, 03:30:10 am »

Not at all. If you are applying for manager please wait. Otherwise you can follow the same instructions and help the other two players.
Awesome With Autism

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2022, 04:14:16 am »

I'll be one of the fightin guys!

And I shall be a bald old man with a mustache, and my action is to punch them guys in their faces!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2022, 04:17:29 am »

Perfect! :)
Awesome With Autism

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2022, 07:48:05 am »

I'd like to join too. I will be a teenage boy slave. My action will be to try to dodge the bad guys' attacks and maybe throw a counterpunch.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18