Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: GLADIATOR MANAGER  (Read 26976 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Gladiator Manager
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2022, 07:57:38 am »

Okay! That's 4 gladiators, 4 more can sign up, then we'll do a waitlist for when someone dies. Still taking applications for GM for awhile too.
Awesome With Autism

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2022, 04:31:11 pm »

Spoiler: Bulk (click to show/hide)
Dere we go
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 04:34:39 pm by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2022, 08:49:22 pm »

Posting the next turn later tonight. Deadline for turns (hops) and manager applications is fast approaching.
Awesome With Autism

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2022, 09:40:34 pm »

Bulk will go "HURGURGLURGUR" and hit the guy tryna take his food.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2022, 10:43:57 pm »

Ill join as a gladiator this sounds decently fun

Ill be a average looking guy and my action shall be to run around willy nilly
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 11:58:39 pm by Fluffe9911 »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2022, 10:56:16 pm »

Ok, feel free to hop in. Describe and act.
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2022, 03:39:22 pm »

Prologue <BATTLE}---
(Kindof a hobo fight sim rn...)

A noble is out on a walk, adorned with the lavish yellow attire of House Constantine. It's a sunny day, the hustle and bustle of the city quickly dies off to the surrounding towns, like this small crossroads. The noble passes a gathering of peasant children and the bold teal banners of the auction house, the only landmark. There is business to be done. The well-to-do tourist turns back when a ruckus is heard from a grate in the ground. The aristocrat brushes the excitable children aside to see what is happening...

Stepping under the light, the closest thug has dirty bronze skin, messy grey hair just past their ears, and ghostly blue eyes. He lunges at the nearest victim, but they step out of the way and he slips on some rat shit, tumbling face first into the poo bucket. Looking down at the newcomer thrash about, the longtime slave chooses to simply slowly back away. Enraged, the second thug steps close. A black man with a narrow nose and blond short curls. He sizes up the next one, a bald man with a vacant expression on his drooling face, who abruptly shouts "HURGURGLURGUR!" before the second thug lunges at him, pulling him into a headlock and causing the dolt to start to pass out. "Bulk sleepy..."

A guard opens the door and glances inside under the shadow of their pointy brown helmet. They withdraw from the opening, and three more slaves are pushed inside. Seeing the struggle, they all run over to help. An old man with a mustache gets in close. The second thug looks on, keeping the headlock as the first thug raises their head up, fleeces dropping from the tangles of their moppy hair. The blond haired slave ducks as the other is clocked by the old man. The wide blow doesn't do much more than cause them to hold their face in momentary discomfort, while the mustached fighter teeters forward.A teenage boy dodges and weaves through the sweaty bodies and jabs the second thug in the gut. He grimaces and grits his teeth. All the while the patter of feet as the third man is running around the room sporadically.

The noble sees a child dangling something, but before they can make out what it is...
Another slave is sent in. Probably not as old as she looks, she has rapid eyes and terrible teeth. She seem to recognize the smelly thug, and rushes in to defend him. There is the sounds of children cheering from the light. Something drops with a thud. A crude knife.

The third and first thug scramble for the knife. The second thug prepares to kick the wooden bucket at the slave in the back.

-- T1 T2 T3 --
==============
-- KZ HZ MF FF
-- -- HP -- --

disadvantage

Formation Tactics
Front Row: Attack any front row target or the back row target ahead of you without penalty, all other targets are harder to attack. (-1 to rolls above 7). Attacking the front row target ahead of you is easier. (+1 to rolls below 7)
Back Row: Attack front row target ahead of you without penalty, all other targets are harder to attack. (-1 to rolls above 7) Players that are skipped or incapacitated will be sent to the back if able. If you move infront of someone they will be sent back; this will happen at the end of the turn if they don't manually move back.

Disadvantage
When you get attacked you get hurt, but when you mess up an attack you create an opening. When someone gets an attack roll of 5 or less, they are put in a disadvantageous position, making follow up attacks on them easier. (+x to rolls below 7, stops at 7); x is r5=1, r4=2, r3=3, r2=4. The worse you fail, the bigger the opening. Effect ends once they can act.

Tip: Changes to positioning resolve before actions.

Aside: Man of Paper actually made some really cool meta level stuff I want to borrow from Blood and Sand/Blood of Champions. I asked, we'll see.
Paper says it's OK, so that's what we're gunna do. Several systems from this AR will be adapted for use in this RP. Please take a look:

Quote from: T.R.A.I.T.S.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TRAITS did not effect this turn, but will factor into the next turn. All stats start at 10. All player slaves are malnourished, reducing all stats by 3. Enemy slaves are hungry, decreasing by 1.

Quote from: House Tokens
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Acting as the noble, syvarris please choose a gender pronoun and give a description. You can choose 1 token for free, any type. This token can be spent now to attempt to influence present events, or it can be saved for later.

The battle continues!
Awesome With Autism

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2022, 07:13:45 pm »

Bulk try wake up, hurty man put him sleep so Bulk put man sleep.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2022, 07:28:47 pm »

Keep running around willy nilly

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2022, 08:52:43 pm »

Oh crap a knife.

Stay on guard. Try not to get stabbed. If anyone lunges at me, dodge and try to trip them. If they are the knife wielder, try to knock the weapon out of their hands.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2022, 09:02:45 pm »

The deranged-looking gremlin of indeterminate gender lunges forward to bite the thugs, watch as the food stealer become food-

Nah just kidding that was a distraction to throw a sucker punch at thug 2.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2022, 04:49:11 am »

Still awhile before I lock the thread.
Awesome With Autism

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2022, 05:32:13 am »

Charge at the closest guy and kick him in the nuts, and upon succeeding in this start kicking him in the face!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2022, 05:49:20 am »

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Save the token.  Spectate the new toys!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2022, 05:10:24 pm »

The grey haired thug and the homely lady grasp for the knife, but only knock it away. The blond thug punts the wood bucket square at the gremlin of a person in the back, it takes a hit to the head. Bulk's eyes lazily crack open and he mutters, then slouches over and snores. The running slave is still running. The teenage boy is staying cautious around the two thugs near the knife. The gremlin looking fellow opens their mouth wide and hurls themself with a snarl into the general mass of the three thugs, slipping on the knife and sending it spinning across the room, before crashing to the ground. The weapon is now very much on the thugs' side. The old man barrels ahead towards the first thug's nuts. But the charge is sidestepped and the senior tumbles to the ground.

The children are chanting "Knife! Knife! Knife!" The noble among them.

Bulk comes to.

-- -- -- -- --
-- T1 T2 T3 --
==============
-- KZ HP MF FF
-- -- HZ -- --

Spoiler: Injuries (click to show/hide)

0.5 Rapid-fire Actions

Actions, with more than one distinct act involved, may be broken down into multiple rolls. An action is harder the more things you try to do.
Code: [Select]
(-x to rolls above 6, stops at 6); x = total # actions after the first.
"If/than" statements will be subactions, even if they don't activate. Some light weapons may make rapid-fire attacks easier(and the opposite when using heavy weapons and armor). A failed subaction may likely cause all further sub actions to be cancelled.

Note: For this turn a harsher formula was used that reduced subaction rolls by an additional point(x = total # of actions). Due to the sheer level of slapstick on display, I've decided to tone it down for the future.

0.6 Formation Positioning

Please make it clear you want to change position, and that your movements are not flavortext, for me to acknowledge it. Key phrases like "I move in front of player" or behind, or which enemy to get in front of. Otherwise if you are in the back, you'll retreat to that position after an attack.

Miscellaneous

Mistake: Bulk should have been sent to the back row when he passed out last turn. He is in the back now.

Aside: hops clarified to me in a PM they did not mean a literal gremlin. However I think maybe as a New Game+ after some kind of achievements have been completed, perhaps fantasy humanoid races could be permitted. I'm not really opposed to it now for things that have no natural advantages a human doesn't (horns, tusks, scales, etc.) so if you might want to clarify you are a goblin, or dwarf, or elf, something essentially like an extreme form of typical human, you could do that. Send me a PM with a picture or movie reference so I know what interpretation you are going for. But centaurs, minotaurs, and such, will have to wait.

Retcon: In this world, all humanoids have yellowgreen skin. Since the subject matter involves slavery, it is not the focus of this game to imply or explore it in connection with racism. Hair and fur color will still be individualized, but that's enough removed for me.

The battle continues!

« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 08:56:18 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18