Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: GLADIATOR MANAGER  (Read 27057 times)

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
Re: Gladiator Manager
« Reply #180 on: May 14, 2022, 09:43:43 pm »

Oh shit... Back away slowly fastly from the approaching menace, and dodge around the trees to distract it keep from getting clawed. If there's an opportunity to counterattack, take it, but focus primarily on evasive maneuvers. Hopefully all that agility training from running away from Bulk will pay off... and if not, well... there's no time to think about that now.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #181 on: May 17, 2022, 05:13:42 am »

We'll lock the thread in 2 days.
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #182 on: July 01, 2022, 11:34:32 am »

▼▼▼▼▼

The rain begins to clear up as suddenly as it began. "They seem to be engaging in the south." Motion in the jungle can vaguely be made out, but the announcer struggles to dictate anything solid.

The small girl with cat-like ears is approached by her servant doctor, and presented with a delicate yellow flower. "I've done some reading on giants. I believe these poppies were imported from England, and they may induce sleeping spells on giantfolk." Yellowgreen against all that yellow dotting the grassland, the physician's hand guides attention to the problem. "There's really no telling when it will wear off, days, weeks, longer, there's no way to be sure. He doesn't seem to be in harms way, but you may ask permission of the warden to have your guards retrieve him."

Faint raptor noises carry to the watchtower. The warden raises a flat hand to silence the crowd. "They have begun engaging in flanking patterns."

R1 {T Extreme Pain}, R2 {H Pain}

(North Jungle)
( -- -- -- -- -- )
( -- -- -- -- -- )
( ~~ ~~ ?? ~~ ~~ )
( -- -- -- -- -- )
( -- -- -- -- -- )
(West Jungle) ,,,Central Meadow,,, (East Jungle)
( -- -- -- -- -- ) -- -- -- -- -- ( -- -- -- -- -- )
( ~~ ~~ ?? ~~ ~~ ) ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ( ~~ ~~ ?? ~~ ~~ )
( -- -- -- -- -- ) -- -- BK -- -- ( -- -- -- -- -- )
(South Jungle)
( -- -- -- -- -- )
( R2 -- -- -- R1 )
( ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ )
( PV GK SB OW -- )
( -- -- ND -- -- )

ND {Heavy Bleeding, RA Pain}

Between the dampened ferns and sweating tree trunks the gladiators stand close. The first raptor moves eagerly from side to side, trying to find a way around the formation to Dracula, but can't find an opening to flank the team. The scarred raptor charges right at Ohwell. It misses a snap at the man's youthful face, the fowl stench of meat scraps in its' teeth lingers in the air. He whips back in and clobbers the raptor in the head to discover the leathery skin is tough on knuckles. The beast's surprise is vocalized by chittering pain. Grindak whirls the heavy flail up to some speed, and yeets the meteor hammer at the raptor searching for Dracula. It bashes its' torso at a slipping angle, only causing a bark of mild pain. Old man Zultan Vastan takes the beast's momentary distress to grapple on its' back. He strikes repeatedly, but with all the thrashing the cuts are superficial and the raptor throws him off in a fit of pain. Clenching the tare in its' arm, The Grand Vizier of Horripilation, Nyarlathotep von Dracula's blood is pooling. The first raptor and Dracula lock eyes, and the creature grins as it sees an open path. The scarred raptor is looking for another snap.

▲▲▲▲▲

Spoiler: Injuries (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Manager Resources (click to show/hide)

Pop Quiz 2

Fill in the blanks. Single word answers only. No words are repeated.

Code: [Select]
1. In the last Pop Quiz questions number four, five, and ________ refer to removed mechanics.
2. A ________ roll of 2 or 12 will ignore modifiers.
3. A ________ request can be made for a new character's race, so long as they have no inhuman parts with advantages (horns, tusks, scales, etc.).
4. The higher your Agility, the higher your turn ________.
5. T.R.A.I.T.S. can be increased ________ during the Prepare Phase, and once after each Battle Phase.
6. In this Jungle Hunt, you need to defeat 2 ________ to win.
7. A hunt is separated into different ________ you can move between, but doing so takes a turn.
8. The game warden dropped a ________ knife.
9. ________ injury tokens penalizing using specific body parts. A part can get a second one.
10. ________ injury tokens accumulate for the whole body. If you have 2 or more you could eventually die.
11. Flanking is to attack someone on the back row. This requires there is no ________ in front of you.
12. If you are in the back row, you automatically move to the front if no ________ is in front of you.
13. Reputation Points are earned by impressing the ________, and are represented by '♥'s.
14. At 50 Reputation, a gladiator that impresses the ________ may earn their freedom.
15. Grindak improvised a giant flail using woven plants tied to a head-sized ________.

Bonus Questions
1-1. If a gladiator isn't given better ________ than slop, their T.R.A.I.T.S. will decrease temporarily.
4-1. The elven wood sculptor was commissioned to grow a batch of training swords. He assures they will definitely be ready for the ________ fight.
4-2. The manager booked a fight at Gambler's Alley against The White Flag, but was denied entry because she didn't have enough ________ Tokens to attend.
8-1. The Jungle hunt is the ________ fight the gladiators have fought in, since training ended.
14-1. The manager can ________ a gladiator to have their wounds tended to, but the gladiator wont be allowed to go back out.

Be the first gladiator to post this in the thread with all 15 correct answers to increase your stats by 1 Intelligence point.

Bonus Questions: These are manager-themed questions either the manager or a gladiator may answer, and can be done separately. If all 5 have been answered correctly, the prize is a Free Skip on one of the 15 main questions, or a question on a future Pop Quiz.

Subactions Removed
Trying to do many actions in a single turn will now either be condensed into 1 roll, or parts will be left unfinished as they ran out of time to do it.

(Aside: Reworked and simplified the 2d6 system, more RTD-like. I'll cover it in the next one.)

The hunt continues!

« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 08:42:37 pm by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #183 on: July 01, 2022, 11:35:28 am »

Dozing off now, good night (_._)ZZZ

Spoiler: Archive (click to show/hide)

(Thanks Immortal for your formal blessing to lift from your RTD, including the 'injury tokens'.)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 05:46:26 pm by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 02, 2022, 01:39:24 am »

Quickly run at the raptor again and start stabbing whatever part I can get a hold of.

(Also I don't remember enough about the behind the scenes stuff to fill out the questions.)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #185 on: July 02, 2022, 05:24:23 am »

(Also I don't remember enough about the behind the scenes stuff to fill out the questions.)

No worries. I'll try to do a better job of distinguishing what is important to be able to play effectively, and what is 'under the hood' breakdowns. Welcome back! :)

(I'll probably just spoiler that kind of thing from now on, there to view for those that want it but out of the way.. Like I do for the dice magic rolls.)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 05:31:14 am by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 02, 2022, 09:54:02 am »

Whack R1 and try to get its attention. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #187 on: July 02, 2022, 06:44:39 pm »

Good to see you!
Awesome With Autism

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 03, 2022, 08:55:33 am »

Hmm, due to external circumstances it's been getting much harder for me to pay attention to this, but that's probably reasonable in-universe since I'm being nibbled.

Disengage from R1 and try to put a distance between me and it.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #189 on: July 03, 2022, 02:46:16 pm »

Refresher: Typically there are 5 columns on the battlefield, and 2 rows per team, front and back. A team cannot attack their opponent's back, but the front rows can be attacked by anyone. If your column is unopposed on the enemy team, both your front and rear teammates have Flanking and can attack any back row enemies. You can change position for free, doing so does not count as your action, and resolves before everyone's actions.

So right now, R1 can flank anywhere you go on the back row, because no one is in-front of them.

You have Heavy Bleeding right now, and each turn a d6 is rolled, and on a 1 you will die...if the battle ends, or you get to the watchtower so the manager can remove you, you will live.

Hmm, due to external circumstances it's been getting much harder for me to pay attention to this, but that's probably reasonable in-universe since I'm being nibbled.
I was having difficulty managing consistent updates, so that probably didn't help you to follow them. This was always an improvised game and I was clear about that from the start, but it was long overdue I made some decisions and stuck to them so I could host it easier.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 03:07:21 pm by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #190 on: July 05, 2022, 02:23:09 am »

I'll give it 4 more days. Maybe longer if I am busy, but don't count on it.
Awesome With Autism

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 06, 2022, 01:39:42 am »

(Oh thought this was abandoned my bad)

Get my head in the game and cripple the nearest raptors legs!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #192 on: July 06, 2022, 02:08:36 am »

(Oh thought this was abandoned my bad)
Burnout is always at a more progressed stage than it feels like it is. After bringing it up before, I tried to push through to the end of the battle, but I just had nothing left. This time around I'll be fighting this battle of my own with a more defensive stance, less fly-by-the-seat improvisation, and a bit more track-laying...I've got some changes based on feedback to drop, but I'm taking it slow, and doing the quiz as a refresher. If no one completes it I'll reveal the answers in the next one, so you can reference them.
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #193 on: July 07, 2022, 03:32:50 pm »

Hint about about question #1: The answer is in this update, page 14.
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #194 on: July 23, 2022, 06:02:32 am »

Not sure when the update will be, but it definitely won't be until after the 25th.
Awesome With Autism
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18