Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34

Author Topic: Renegade Space Marine Simulator (40k)  (Read 22910 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Renegade Space Marine Simulator (40k)
« Reply #435 on: February 12, 2022, 03:39:30 am »

So, could someone give me a primer on Proper Space Marine Procedure in a Renegade Chapter?
Apparently, your dumb Chaplain doesn't know it.
I mean, what exactly should I be doing with my Chaplain?
Why does everything I do get me investigated?

Seriously, WTF? Am I not entitled to participate in any way?

Tube Wizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 12, 2022, 04:07:05 am »

So, could someone give me a primer on Proper Space Marine Procedure in a Renegade Chapter?
Apparently, your dumb Chaplain doesn't know it.
I mean, what exactly should I be doing with my Chaplain?
Why does everything I do get me investigated?

Seriously, WTF? Am I not entitled to participate in any way?
(There is no proper procedure for a Renegade Space Marine Chapter, as they are Renegades and beholden to none but themselves. Likewise with the chaplain, there's nothing wrong with a Chaos-worshiping Astartes, even one attempting to spread their corruption- as it is a staple for 40k- but your first move was to ask the Chapter Master to transfer 20 veterans from 7th company to 3rd company and 20 new marines for vice versa, which caused a vote from the Chapter Master/thread's perspective on what to do about that, as it's liokely something he would've done something about. There was then a roll to determine how the investigation went, with the chaplain failing to convince the Chapter Master he had nothing to hide on a 6 to the Chapter's 17, and then persuading him that his faith was uncompromised on a 19. After that, the chaplain was in the clear and could've done any number of things. He could've communicated with his less experienced battle brothers and slowly swayed them over to his way of thinking, he could've started weaving subtle messages of Ruinous praise into his regular sermons, he could've started outright used his sway to subtly start a cult in the Battle Barge's mortal crew and/or auxiliaries, he could've attempted to deepen his connection to Nurgle through prayer, he could've gathered rotting material to attempt a ritual of devotion, among any number of things, but he chose to write a letter to the Master of Sanctity, whose entire purpose in the Chapter is finding Heresy, who is the most knowledgeable of Heresy, and whose entire basis of holding the position is an extreme paranoia of Heresy, asking him which of the four Chaos Gods' main, positive portfolio aspects should and should not be emphasized, as well as asking about the state of the (correct) rumour of the Chapter wanting to find and train mortal psykers for their use, and implying that he wanted to take part in that. The only reason the Master of Sanctity hasn't immediately assumed Heresy is that the chaplain sent him, the Chapter's par-none number #1, Lectitio-Divinitatus-thumping, firebreathing, living-and-breathing-to-serve-the-Emperor fanatic, the letter, which makes no sense from a Heretical perspective. I have no bias for or against Heresy, but that is the reddest flag to be found outside of Khorne's war-room he could've waved in front of the Master of Sanctity.

Neither were metagaming, the Chapter Master absolutely would have investigated a sudden request for a troop-transfer from a company's religious councilor, and the Master of Sanctity absolutely would have gone to the Chapter Master to discuss a letter that's dripping with minor Chaotic influences. I'm genuinely befuddled why you thought that asking the Master of Sanctity to give his opinions on which Ruinous virtues, and following that with the rumour of psykers, was a good idea. On a sidenote, I would've accepted PMs of secret and/or objectionable actions here or on discord at any point, though I should've been more upfront about that, but nothing that anyone, from the Chapter Master on high to the lowest Zapgun in the mud, does is metagaming. I encourage anyone reading this thread to participate, and stress that anyone is entitled to participate, but that doesn't mean that the rest of the Chapter won't respond as makes sense, in-character, in accordance to their previously established personalities and lore, both of this thread and of the wider context in-setting. I've personally found the idea of a Heretic secretly attempting to subvert the Chapter an interesting additional layer- it could make for an excellent arc and/or recurring problem if it was planned well and/or sunk deeply enough and/or escaped, but... why would you start from the top-down, with a blatant power-grab for the 3rd company and then a blatant probe of which flavour of Heresy is most palatable for the Master of Sanctity? I just don't understand, man.)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 04:54:16 am by Tube Wizard »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 12, 2022, 04:19:14 am »

It seems EuchreJack's plan has gone very wrong.

I also think the High Prognosticator Involved should get involved.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 12, 2022, 04:22:51 am »

@Tube Wizard: I appreciate the response.  If I survive, I'll keep it in mind.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 12, 2022, 10:28:40 am »

I think we should execute him and ensure selfinserts don’t try to derail our glorious budding empire anymore

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 12, 2022, 11:19:42 am »

These matters are not to be taken lightly. Get the High Prognosticator Involved.
+1
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

m1895

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 12, 2022, 12:06:17 pm »

These matters are not to be taken lightly. Get the High Prognosticator Involved.
+1
+1

Tube Wizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 12, 2022, 01:58:48 pm »

It seems EuchreJack's plan has gone very wrong.

I also think the High Prognosticator Involved should get involved.
I think we should execute him and ensure selfinserts don’t try to derail our glorious budding empire anymore
+1
+1

Your suspicions confirmed, you grit your teeth and slip the Eye of Death from your shoulder. The Master of Sanctity lets you near the door and stops you with a word. "Chapter Master, we must be sure." You snarl, the noise more growl than speech. "Nens Nende." He says not a word and follows you, his own bolter rifle in his hands. Both of you practice rigid trigger and barrel discipline, even in the midst of your fury. It is too sacred an instrment of war and your training too thorough to forget. The High Prognosticator meets you both in the hall. His helmet is fastened and the staff in his hands clenched with spine-snapping strength. His voice is sharp. "Brother Talnior, Brother Chaplain. I foresaw your arrival. We have no time to waste."

Less than ten minutes later, you've stormed into the chaplain's chambers and have him at boltgun-point. He's in his armour, perhaps he was expecting your arrival but his bolter rifle is on its rack, a galaxy away from his trigger finger. No-one says a word as the High Prognosticator steps forward, places his palm onto the Astartes' head, and mutters ancient words of holy power. The warmth is sucked from the air, replaced by an unseen shadow and there, on the place where the High Prognosticator's palm meets the 3rd company chaplain's helmet, monumental tension simmers and surges. After a minute, he releases and the air snaps back to normalcy. Nens stares with the same intensity. "FILTH. Were I not wearing my helmet and cowl, I would spit upon you. Brothers, this man is a Heretic." You sense if it were not for your gene-augments you would be reeling in nausea but as is, you stomach it and pointedly stop practicing trigger discipline. "How so?" The High Prognosticator hasn't moved a muscle. "In his twin hearts, he has abandoned the Emperor and sends his prayers to whatever will listen in the Warp. He has found nothing, knows nothing, but for months he has harboured fantasies of undermining the Chapter's authority, leading his gene-brothers in revolt, and bringing all that we have made to ruin. It is my opinion that he is beyond redemption... but the judgement isn't mine to make." The Master of Sanctity's voice is filled with righteous fury. "Brother Talnior..."

You decide how he's to be dealt with. On some level, you recognize this will set a precedent but here and now, your frenzied zeal cares not for such petty considerations.

Immediate Execution: You'll pull the trigger and the Master of Sanctity will follow. A death by boltguns is more than a Heretic deserves but it will end the threat.
Thrown out of an Airlock: He will be stripped of his power armour and confined. The moment you've left the Warp he'll feel the void's embrace.
Beaten to Death: The Astartes of 3rd company failed to see the spark of Heresy among them. They will snuff it out before the gathered 1st and 2nd companies, by hand and by foot.
Set Abalze: The promethium is less holy to you than it is to some, this is a worthwhile use of your reserves and a fiery example of the fruits of betrayal.
Crush His Skull: You will remove his helmet and then your servo-arms will crush the Heretic's skull into powder. The sacred bolter rifle is more than the deserves.
The Scalpels' Mercies: Your lack of an Apothecarion is a sore loss to the healing of wounds but many of your gene-brothers are well-familiar with their making. His Astartes' body should hold for weeks.
Living Servitorization: To execute him quickly is a kindness he does not deserve. He is to be stripped of his armor and confined until your rearrival at Antwir, where the Master of the Forge can begin his bloody work.
Psycho-Restructuring: Clearly the hypno-indoctrination wasn't thorough enough. He's yet to act on his whims or be tainted by them. For now, he's to be demoted and sent in for a long, slow reeducation at the Fortress-Monastery.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 05:12:24 pm by Tube Wizard »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 12, 2022, 02:03:36 pm »

Living Servitorization
One can still be of use.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 12, 2022, 02:03:58 pm »

Immediate Execution. There is no point in either extending the time wherein this defiler of the Emperor's words might sow his heresy, nor in allowing an excess of cruelty to take our own hearts. Let us be done with this.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 12, 2022, 04:47:26 pm »

CRUSH HIS HEAD.

When a part is broken, you remove it, destroy it. The remainder of his components may still prove useful, and there's no need to expend ammunition on destroying our own precious power armor.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 12, 2022, 04:50:22 pm »

Immediate Execution

He may not be worthy of the sacred boltgun, but that does not mean our righteousness should stoop to the level of a heretic itself. All other options risk tainting ourselves, our men, or not finishing the job properly. Let our holy weapon obliterate that which would undermine our sacred cause.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 12, 2022, 04:51:21 pm »

Can someone with a crushed head still become a servitor?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 12, 2022, 04:56:33 pm »

No, but the remaining intact bits can be used as spare parts for servitors!
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 12, 2022, 04:57:29 pm »

If nobody is into servitorization then I will back skull-crushing, for the record.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34