Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34

Author Topic: Renegade Space Marine Simulator (40k)  (Read 21938 times)

Tube Wizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Renegade Space Marine Simulator (40k)
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2022, 08:49:42 pm »

Xenophilia. Let's not be dicks.
I almost including a (less profane) version of the "cabal of wizards" line when describing why the Cursed Founding was arguably not such a great idea :P

Also, yes, +1 Xenophilia.
Haha I don’t think this one is a difficult choice.

+1 Xenophilia

Guilty of Xenophilia, your Chapter brought shame to the Silver Skulls and was declared Exocommunicate Traitoris. The circumstances of their betrayal of mankind remain shrouded in mystery to outsiders and much remains to be determined. Were they pursuing a prophecy of the Prognosticators, a victim of the Cursed Founding forced into a situation where they had no choice, or was it as simple as a mere moment of mercy breaking decades of hypno-indoctrination?

This question and more wait for answers, but if you'd prefer, we can continue setting the foundation for them.

How mutated is their gene-seed? Because almost anyone would prefer less mutated gene-seed and vote accordingly, this'll be a straight, take-it-as-it-falls roll...

The renegades have (at least initially) Pure Gene-Seed, remarkably unscathed even in their treachery.

Given their gene-seed is mercifully free of mutations and flaws, we can move on to the Astartes themselves.

Who is their Figure of Legend? He is foundational to the Chapter's mythos, the example each member of the Chapter looks back on and aspires to be more like.

11, 98, 9, 10

A Battle Brother of The Silver Skulls, 9th Company, 10th Squad. How they came to be revered by the Chapter is surely a legend in and of itself.

The Chapter Master, trusted to lead the Chapter through thick and thin. He must've been a fearsome combatant and venerable leader, like most in his position.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 08:53:00 pm by Tube Wizard »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2022, 08:55:27 pm »

Fuck it, let's take the random battle brother.
And I mean, hey, it says "any one of you might be able to do the same".
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2022, 10:24:28 pm »

Hmm I’m going to go Chapter Master on this one. We are going into treacherous waters, it might be good to reinforce the idea of strong leadership. But I like both options.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2022, 11:04:45 pm »

Battle Brother, because both are solid choices but I put more playtime into Battle Brothers than Chapter Master. It's solid reasoning.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2022, 11:05:01 pm »

Hmm I’m going to go Chapter Master on this one. We are going into treacherous waters, it might be good to reinforce the idea of strong leadership. But I like both options.
+1, Chapter Master is probably better. Gives us a lot of benefits and, I mean, worse case, some random marine did something heroic in our predecessor chapter and got selected to lead/help lead the new one at the founding :P
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2022, 11:14:52 pm »

In the case of a tie, whatever Glass picked
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2022, 11:15:23 pm »

Disregard this post, I made a mistake of reasoning and reading comprehension regarding MM's post and got confused.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 11:17:06 pm by Glass »

MadMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • This kills the dwarf.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2022, 11:21:21 pm »

Battle Brothers forever!
Read Losing is Fun! https://losingisfun.org/

Tube Wizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2022, 11:47:30 pm »

Fuck it, let's take the random battle brother.
And I mean, hey, it says "any one of you might be able to do the same".
Battle Brother, because both are solid choices but I put more playtime into Battle Brothers than Chapter Master. It's solid reasoning.
In the case of a tie, whatever Glass picked
Battle Brothers forever!

The Renegade Chapter's Figure of Legend is a lowly Battle Brother of The Silver Skulls, 9th Company, 10th Squad. By strength of limb, skill at arms, and no small amount of luck, they rose above their stature to etch their name into the annals of legend. Did he defect from The Silver Skulls to fight along your side or was his Company sent to fight next to your Chapter before they turned their backs on the Imperium?

Regardless, his name is whispered in awe.

He did no legendary deed but a score and then some of great ones, refusing to take on a promotion, and was an inspiration to all before he was Lost To The Warp. Many among the Chapter's rank-and-file believe he may yet return in their greatest hour of need. The less hopeful scoff at their optimism, even as they silently pray for it to be true.

He was singularly instrumental to defeating a Tyranid Splinter Fleet, saving whole systems from certain consumption. To slay a Hive Tyrant in single combat is no easy feat and yet it was done at the most critical moment, turning bitter defeat into near-victory. It took time for the Chapter to rebuild but there are few that can claim the victory they have.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2022, 11:55:29 pm »

On the one hand, Lost to the Warp is neat.

On the other hand, the feat with the Nids feels cooler, if only because we have a few more details and a specific solid event of badassitude.

I'd have loved if we'd gotten a 96-100 roll and had this random marine have been this absolute beast of a soldier but oh well

I say fuck the Nids!

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2022, 11:59:16 pm »

Rookie numbers, I’m at 442 battle brothers hours. And I’m still shit at the game.

I vote lost to the warp, it synergizes with the whole boner for prophesies thing the chapter has too well for me to ignore.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2022, 12:00:16 am »

I'd say he was a "Defector", sent on a secret mission by the Chapter Master of the Silver Skulls to support us on our quest.

And voting for Lost in Warp for the return in the time of our greatest need.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2022, 12:05:28 am »

I didn't even notice the defection/original member thing.

I'd say he was a "Defector", sent on a secret mission by the Chapter Master of the Silver Skulls to support us on our quest.
Yes, I like this, +1. (Or sent by a Prognosticator. Either way.)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2022, 12:07:54 am »

+1 to lost to the warp.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2022, 03:19:04 am »

+1 Lost to the warp.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 34