Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34

Author Topic: Renegade Space Marine Simulator (40k)  (Read 21947 times)

Tube Wizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Renegade Space Marine Simulator (40k)
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2022, 02:51:38 am »

Some possibilities I'll toss out for consideration:

Riflemen
The Battle Brothers of this chapter specialize in the use of auto bolt rifles as an all-purpose weapon - they allow for rapid unloading of highly-accurate bolter fire, and are overall some of the most reliable firearms available to an Astartes. Furthermore, their expertise in these relatively simple weapons allow these soldiers to train their auxiliaries in the use of similar - if not Astartes-grade - weapons with relative ease.

So I know it's kind of. . .  pedestrian compared to some of the wilder options, but having every Battle Brother being masters or on their way to mastery with the bolt gun would be very useful. Fielding the best shooters around, particularly when we have limited medics, would be very useful.

Could also be convinced to go for Devestator weapons, or the regeneration. Hard choice, but for now:

Traditional Weapon: Bolt Rifle +1
Sure, yes, not orks. Let's go with this for now.
This or being able to accept any human applicants. But for now, this.
+1
+1 to the rifles, i think being good at shooting xenos is better than more numbers
+1 to the rifles, i think being good at shooting xenos is better than more numbers

The Chapter's combat doctrine has a firm emphasis on the importance of the Bolt Rifle. Sleek, versatile, and deadly at a variety of ranges, it is the Astartes' favoured weapon by far and a repeated motif in their culture. Almost more critical than their gene-seed compatibility is an aspirant's proficiency at consistently hitting moving targets under adverse conditions. The drilling is constant and mandatory, the only discernable difference between casual recreation and serious training is the intensity and difficulty of the targets chosen. Outsiders might find this focus asinine but when members of the Chapter can claim to be part of the most skilled force of boltgun-wielders in their Segmentum with little if any doubt, what outsiders think matters little. Wherever the Astartes go, the blaring staccato of bolter fire soon follows.

How strong is the Chapter? Because almost anyone would prefer a more powerful Chapter, this'll be another take-it-as-it-falls roll.

Nominal: Borderline Overstrength, the Chapter claims a full 10 companies and the aspirants to make more. If they were still sworn to the Imperium, many would consider them on the brink of legion-building but being Renegades, they do not care. Given the state of their gene-seed reserves, despite the loss of the Apothecarion, they most likely are.

(Very, very lucky. On a 1 you would've been scraping to get two seasoned companies together.)

Almost none across the galaxy are willing to fight for nothing.

What is the Chapter's driving goal? Multiple goals can be chosen or even combined, but this is their foremost focus and fiercest ambition.

Unknown Agenda: The Chapter's true designs are either shrouded in secrecy or so obscure as to be opaque. The Chapter fights, the Chapter expands, the Chapter sends a group of Astartes to a set of coordinates on a barren moon, none can deny that they're doing this for a reason but what? The battle brothers whisper of the Prognosticators bidding the Chapter Master to follow their prophecies to an unseen end, that they're looking for something, seeking to unearth some artifact or ward off a foe yet to emerge, but nobody outside of the inner circle knows for certain, and perhaps not even they.

Amassing Wealth: The Chapter is focused on one thing and one thing only, gathering riches about themselves. Not such trinkets and trifles as silver and gold, though they do have a place, but more tangible fortune. Weapons, armour, their means of manufacture and more. The Chapter isn't content to sit on the handful of systems they control, not while their reality is so far behind their needs. The Chapter wants to expand, not necessarily in raw territory, but in what they have, to forge an indomitable warmachine and a fleet to match, capable of taking the fight deeper into the Nebula or even beyond it, at Uncharted Space or the Imperium itself.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2022, 02:56:56 am by Tube Wizard »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2022, 02:56:37 am »

I think I prefer Unknown Agenda, but I won't be too put out with either.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2022, 03:28:53 am »

Unknown Agenda
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2022, 03:32:44 am »

+1 to unknown agenda
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2022, 04:17:24 am »

Our goals mysterious, our methods unknowable, almost as if we just follow the commands of a handful of escaped lunatics.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2022, 06:18:42 am »

+1 Unknown Agenda
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2022, 06:31:50 am »

Our goals mysterious, our methods unknowable, almost as if we just follow the commands of a handful of escaped lunatics.
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2022, 10:25:30 am »

We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Tube Wizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2022, 11:24:18 am »

I think I prefer Unknown Agenda, but I won't be too put out with either.
Unknown Agenda
+1 to unknown agenda
+1
+1 Unknown Agenda
+1

The Chapter pursues an Unknown Agenda with passionate zeal. Even if they don't understand the purpose behind most of what they do, their trust in the Chapter eclipses their doubts. For now.

In the Chapter's struggle to survive they've been forced to make strange friends.

Who are the Chapter's allies?

Fellow Renegades: The Imperium rules humanity with an iron-fist and crushes the slightest sign of dissent, but it is an enormous place and it's inevitable that some, like yourself, would slip through. Their nature varies but you and another group have been bound together by circumstance. In time, you might come closer or subordinate them under your own.

Tyranid Splinter Fleet: Calling these Xenos "allies" is a stretch wider than most of the Imperium's battleships. Make no mistake, they hate you, they want to consume you, and they will destroy you and everything you hold dear at the slightest convenience. That said, on some level this subset of the hivemind understands you have the same enemy and is willing to delay your consumption until the moment they're dealt with. After that, your fate is sealed.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2022, 11:27:29 am »

Listen. Yes, it would be hilarious to have Nids as "allies". But for the love of God let's not do that. That's asking for problems.
Let's go with the Fellow Renegades.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2022, 11:33:05 am »

Splinter fleet would make a great auxiliary force though. And it shows that we can truly unite everything in the galaxy!

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2022, 11:34:01 am »

RNGesus has spoken! First with Unknown Agenda, and now . . .

Tyranid Splinter Fleet
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2022, 11:34:55 am »

Our Prognosticators assure us that the local splinter fleet is a lesser threat than the imperium for now.
Have faith, and it'll all turn out fine~
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2022, 11:35:33 am »

This is the very definition of a bad idea.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 01, 2022, 11:36:51 am »

Games are made for bad ideas. It’s the safest place for em!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34