Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23

Author Topic: Dominions 5 Round 05 - Finished, Na'Ba victorious  (Read 32983 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5 Round 05 - Searching for a replacement
« Reply #225 on: March 20, 2022, 11:27:57 am »

Extension given

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 20, 2022, 08:01:15 pm »

Yay, thanks!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 21, 2022, 04:04:47 am »

Oh, well at least my turn has been submitted.  :P

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5 Round 05 - Started
« Reply #228 on: March 24, 2022, 11:04:57 am »

Turn extension please?

I've been so busy lately, I have not even had time to look at the turn. Hopefully, I will get back on track for future turns.

Nevermind, QDOS turn submitted.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 24, 2022, 01:51:00 pm »

Maybe you need a longer break? A week or two - to let irl things settle down a bit?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 24, 2022, 02:54:07 pm »

Eh, if I take a week or two break, you'll need to find a replacement, since I'll be out of the habit of playing.
Overall, this seems to be working?
I could also technically give myself an extension (I have the admin password), but I figured it was more democratic to make the requests.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 24, 2022, 03:08:42 pm »

I could also technically give myself an extension (I have the admin password), but I figured it was more democratic to make the requests.
Isn't the sole other admin MCreeper? I'm not sure it's fair to expect him to keep tabs on this thread any more.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 24, 2022, 03:14:38 pm »

I can't really complain because it's been taking me forever to get my turns in on this game as well. :P Also honestly although it's annoying when games become stuck in a perma extend every turn state and I've played a few games where some players needed to be prodded at the end of every turn timer then needing an extension and often an extension on that extension, I don't think we're there yet (well, kinda since we switched turns to 3 days, but 3 days honestly isn't too bad) and I'd much rather give an extension to a player rather then let them stall so I'm alright with the gm or you throwing them down if need be. If it comes up that the game starts getting continually stalled out maybe we can formulate what to do then, but hopefully that doesn't happen (and tbh, I sorta doubt that the bay12 dominions community is large enough to find a sub in so I'm gunna cross my fingers and hope that it doesn't come up.)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 24, 2022, 03:30:37 pm »

Isn't the sole other admin MCreeper? I'm not sure it's fair to expect him to keep tabs on this thread any more.
Yeah, that is sort of why I just rushed the turn this time. If there is no objection, I'll just give myself an extension if need be, or rush in the turn.

If anyone is interested in the nice people of Mictlan, I'd be happy to give a potential successor the grand tour.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 27, 2022, 10:09:10 am »

Turn submitted

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 27, 2022, 11:09:59 am »

Ahhhhhhh

The holy turn, in which I can spend every last pound of gold.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 27, 2022, 11:33:24 am »

Say, anyone knows how to play Phlegra? I'm all ears for hints and tips.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 27, 2022, 11:48:37 am »

Feels like 40 turns in might be a bit late to be asking that question. I don't think I've ever actually played Phlegra but just looking at them I see they have turn 0 communions and decent recruitable super combatants. So I'd play with decently sized communions, oppressors can use fire and air to throw down damaging evocations (and sometimes buffs) and earth and water for buffs (and damage in some situations) tyrants can lead communions to get air and death magic in to win big battles. Tyrants can SC and Tyrants and Cyclopes can thug well. (Cyclopes in particular can cloud traipse if they are air randoms or empowered, sorta expensive if you loose them doing this since they are rare and cap only, but still a good option to have. Consider big hats so that they don't get air elementaled to death if that's a concern like vs Ys or Na'ba.) You have enough elemental paths to summon the big elemental mages and then hook them up to your communions to get sickeningly high levels of elemental magic turn 0 if you want to do that sorta cool stuff, that's a bit late game but we're sorta starting to reach that point in the game. Anything in particular bring about that question now?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 11:57:50 am by Criptfeind »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 27, 2022, 12:07:06 pm »

Feels like 40 turns in might be a bit late to be asking that question.
I know, right? :D
I'm just finding it much harder to leverage what looked like its strengths than I thought it would be. Esp. when compared to what the other nations here can field without much trouble. The thugs/SCs like to die to surprisingly shit troops. And while I can sort of see cheesing them against some of the off-the-shelf troops the other nations here are fielding, I'm almost certain they'll be all but useless against some of the others. The communions require strong battle line to leverage, but the only readily available option - the helotes - require major buffing just to keep them from immediately dissolving.
BTW, with this gem income, I might be able to start relying on summons maybe by turn 60 ;P.

Oh, well. Just complaining.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 27, 2022, 01:19:02 pm »

I feel like your Tyrants, at least the SC capable randoms, should be able to kill an infinite number of anyone troops with the right buffs and gear, only thing that should be able to kill them are counter thugs and mages and weapons of sharpness or the right bless on sacreds (and although those are pretty wide categories they are at least less common then surprisingly shitty troops). Although yeah. SCings very hard since so many things can kill one if you don't gear them right vs the mages they'll face. tbh I'm not sure if I want to play a nation that has it as a core commander/tactic :P. Although it can be very scary to fight vs Phelgra since if they do make a good tailored SC and just boop your whole army with it it'll be sad times.

Helots do basically exist just to die but in doing so take enough of the enemies firepower for your own mages to get off their spells and kill the enemy. Although at this point that's not really an inaccurate description of most troops in most nations. Helots seem pretty okay for it at least since they are basically free?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 01:22:25 pm by Criptfeind »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23