Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: You are a DUNGEON!  (Read 2711 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: You are a DUNGEON!
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2022, 12:12:57 pm »

*Notices beastiary*
*Wonders if that is going to be used for anything*

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2022, 12:23:22 pm »

What will this avatar be used for?
Hentai. Obviously.
Aww, I knew we should have gone with plant-woman.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2022, 02:40:46 pm »

A Smaller Dungeon!
Okay, no, this one.

I was actually going to suggest this myself but I didn't think anyone would go for it.

I mean it's right in the title!

+1
+1
+1

Alright. I see a number of ways to do this. All of them so fundamentally different, I'll give you a second prompt:

Choose a dungeon avatar:

A. Dungeonception: At the center of the dungeon, is the start of a smaller dungeon. Probably fleshy.

B. Dungeon Creep: You grow organic tissue out from the center of your (stone) dungeon. The creep can spawn underlings and form natural traps.

C. Dungeon Creature: You are some type of creature, it might look like a jumble of boxes or something. You are actually litterally your dungeon layout, personified. Rather than an entrance, you roam about and absorb occupants.

D.(E., F.,..): Other Interpretation???
Awesome With Autism

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2022, 02:54:33 pm »

C, but the dungeon is a lady.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2022, 03:12:18 pm »

A. And at the center of that dungeon is the start of an even smaller dungeon! And at the center of....
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2022, 03:17:31 pm »

A. And at the center of that dungeon is the start of an even smaller dungeon! And at the center of....
+1

Everyone knows there are no such things as ladies.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2022, 04:43:17 pm »

+1

Everyone knows there are no such things as ladies.
+1

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2022, 04:49:01 pm »

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2022, 04:50:53 pm »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2022, 01:45:30 pm »

▼▼▼▼▼

A snail slowly lurches forward, in steady rhythms, across a log. Slowly, ever so slowly---it explores the undergrowth with its' inquisitive eye stalks---taking note of every leaf, every twig, every obstacle. A party of ants wonder by, and it retreats deeper within its' shell. The raiders move on...and after a pause it reemerges. Certain death avoided by the spiral on it's back, a good protection.

The curious eyestalks are fixated on many shifting facets of the owner's micro-world, when that world begins to shake-

-A machete slices through the vines, and three warriors spew forth from the brush--running over the log. They emerge out of the jungle in an open field, at the foot of a dungeon. Lighting torches, they delve within.

The ceiling drips, and small critters scurry under foot. Not too far ahead, the repeated bobbing of shadows halt, and a flame is held forward to light a passageway. The party slowly creeps closer. Two have a tribal visage and bear spears. The third is not from the village, a hired-sword. Four black spheres reflect the light back at them from within the void. The black orbs begin to extend outward, on slimy---stalks---and the tribesmen and hero of fortune prepare themselves for what would prove to be a fierce battle, but soon, the beast is slain. Laughing in delight at their prowess, they look about for any treasure. The corps of the dungeon monster drips with slime.

Not finding anything, the three circle back and investigate. There is an odd transparent quality to it. Tapping a sword on it, the creature has hardened. Smashing through, there is not guts, but another chamber. The three step over the shattered excretion.

There the beast swallows one in ambush, and knocks down another. The monster roars as the raiding party's screams echo through-out the catacombs.

Outside the dungeon, the snail peeks its' eyes out of its' shell and slowly, ever so slowly, it lurches on.

Battle Report

Victory!

▲▲▲▲▲

Spoiler: Losses (click to show/hide)

Design Phase

That was close. You were discovered far too soon, and their deaths will surely only attract more village warriors and hired-heroes. It's time to prepare!

+2  Villager Soul Tokens, +1 Adventurer Soul Token

This is the Design Phase, to be followed by a similar Revision Phase afterword to touch up your work here. This is where you can create units or dungeon rooms. You can also demolish rooms or hallways. You are a dungeon, you use souls of the brave to grow it power. Your powers are both magical and logical, and your minions and structures can draw from either. You do have an affinity for gastropods and shells. Your avatar is a snail, and your dungeon heart lies within. This avatar grants you the power of Dungeonception: Your dungeon is fractured into smaller and smaller "layers"(denoted by different floor colors on the map). If an outer layer has 2 more rooms than the proceeding inner layer, a new room can be constructed in the inner layer practically for free.

However, normally for the rest of your rooms you will need help building them. It's time you create a worker minion. (No dungeon layout changes can be proposed until this task is completed)

You can apply tokens to any blueprint to help it to achieve greater success. Villager Souls don't help the most when making combat units, but are generally good for simple projects. Adventurer Souls are useful for both combat units and traps. (Recommended: 1 Villager Soul Token)

Design Phase...

« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 06:31:28 am by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2022, 03:34:42 pm »

Hermit crabs, natural size, swarming to move resources and construct. Using a villager soul token.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2022, 04:23:31 pm »

Tug Slug: A very large black slug, approx 1 meter in length. It can sprout several prehensile tendrils from its back, the adhesiveness of which can be changed at will. This allows it to grab stuff to haul around, as well as wield simple tools. As a slug, it is quite slow, and should it find itself in a fight, the best it can do is try to entangle the foe until help arrives.

Minor note- I think there's value in not locking the thread between updates, as folks may want to discuss future courses of action. Posting "Votes are locked" or sommat should suffice.
Long Live United Forenia!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2022, 04:43:56 pm »

Minor note- I think there's value in not locking the thread between updates, as folks may want to discuss future courses of action. Posting "Votes are locked" or sommat should suffice.

I think that is totally valid. But I have often experienced such messages be easily overlooked amongst the conversation. Also as a game host that has let late actions slip in, I sympathize for anyone that puts a lot of thought into something just to have it totally invalidated.
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2022, 04:50:26 pm »

Tug Slug:

Nice gesture, I may not return it. Simply because you are a fast writer, I am a slow reader, and I wouldn't want to jump in half-assed.

I wish you the best though, maybe we can do a crossover someday.
Awesome With Autism

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2022, 07:08:46 pm »

Lawn Gnomes; short grassy humanoids with pointed heads
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 [2] 3