Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: You are a DUNGEON!  (Read 2692 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a DUNGEON!
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2022, 07:22:21 pm »

Woodfly; Butterflies with durable sharpened wings capable of cutting, they send forth toxic scales that take effect quickly.
Quite nimble, though piercing attacks are their weakness. They are always found in flocks of three.
Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2022, 08:35:50 pm »

We'll eventually need a tiebreaker. Might just award that to Nuke since he made a whole freaking parody of this game that is a parody. That seems worth something.

(Seriously though, we need a tiebreaker.)
blossom

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2022, 09:05:09 pm »

I vote Slugs
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2022, 11:25:22 am »

▼▼▼▼▼

Design Report

Quote from: Tug Slug
A very large black slug, approx 1 meter in length. It can sprout several prehensile tendrils from its back, the adhesiveness of which can be changed at will. This allows it to grab stuff to haul around, as well as wield simple tools. As a slug, it is [quite slow], and should it find itself in a fight, the [best it can do] is try to [entangle the foe] until help arrives.
The colossal gelatinous beast lowers its' long neck. From the darkness a white pearl glides along the behemoth's neck unit it slides off onto the ground. The beast withdraws as its' four eyes watch in deathly stillness.

The egg cracks, exactly like a chicken egg, but instead of a chick, oozing out is a shell munching mouth. The black blob emerges fully, then tendrils on its' back extend to tug the eggshell to a more favorable position before continuing to devour it. When the black slug devours the egg completely, it then turns to face a wall. Its' head and eyestalks move, as if tracking something. The tendrils on the slug's back are quickly unleashed, as it grabs a rodent rounding the corner...holding it up for the dungeon snail to look on with interest---if one were to anthropomorphize the ancient beast, they may call it, pride.

Then something excites the cave beast, as the child's tendrils emit a glowing green ooze, and the rodent dissolves, then is moved to the mouth to be swallowed. Peering off into the distance this time, the Tug Slug begins moving, studying the ground...the extended eyes seeing tiny red glowing footprints on the cold dungeon floor...until in the dark depths another mouse squeal sounds off.

It seems this strain of offspring has many unintended special gifts. (You guys rolled 6 three times in a row.)

▲▲▲▲▲

Spoiler: Designs (click to show/hide)

Revision Phase

Spoiler: Forces 10/15 (click to show/hide)

A Tug Slug has been recruited to help!

Resources: 1 Villager Soul Token, 1 Adventurer Soul Token

This is the Revision Phase, where you can touch up your designs. Your supply limit is near capacity, this cannot be increased but the supply cost of a unit can be reduced. You can use your revision on your Tug Slug. You will have access to older designs unless it is a total upgrade with no increased cost. (Recommended: Reduce Tug Slug supply costs, or make a combat unit from a modified Tug Slug.)

You can revise your dungeon. The dungeon is restricted to this 21x32 plane, and the exit stairs cannot be adjusted. However, if you have your Tug Slug begin to build or demolish rooms and hallways, acting alone, it may not finish before the next encounter. You can revise a room design to change the room's dimensions and attributes. It is a brief task to update old rooms to newer designs, so long as there are no significant changes to the dimensions. You can assign units to rooms and remove units to free up supply. Because of Dungeonception your avatar is restricted to the outer center chamber, and there must be an open path between each proceeding center chamber. The shortest path is blocked by your body, and if there are alternate paths then an attack on your flank will count as one on the proceeding center chamber.

Make some improvements!

NUKE9.13, as your design was chosen, you have gained a Council Token. You can keep it or give it to others. A Council Token can be redeemed to possess a minion, thus able to act independently from the main force. If you do not give instructions, the unit will behave normally. You cannot possess more than one, but you can spend another token to take over a different one. Whether you post your actions in the thread or PM them, the results will be sent to you by PM. Do not copy/paste this PM, but you may share any details in your own words. There can only be 3 "Henchmen" active at once.

Revision Phase...

« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 05:23:49 am by RoseHeart »
blossom

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2022, 03:51:39 pm »

Spike slugs like tug slugs, but with greater durability, greater speed, and greater fighting skill.  however, they are weak to water and very ugly.  uses 1 adventurer token

Dungeon upgrade idea: i think we should  splitthe hall between the foyer and center 1 with another room to put our combat unit in.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 04:04:24 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2022, 02:53:13 am »

It seems like we should have with our avatar thing as far from the entrance as possible, are we able to do that or is it fixed in that location?

What about slugs that leave a trail of acid behind them when they move around?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2022, 12:56:30 pm »

It seems like we should have with our avatar thing as far from the entrance as possible, are we able to do that or is it fixed in that location?

Dungeonception, your avatar's power, specifies:
Your avatar is restricted to the outer center chamber, and there must be an open path between each proceeding center chamber. The shortest path is blocked by your body, and if there are alternate paths then an attack on your flank will count as one on the proceeding center chamber.

So the only way to move them is to demolish the outermost chamber, and rebuild it elsewhere.
blossom

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2022, 03:46:43 pm »

Is there any practical benefit (for the dungeon) to possessing a minion, or is it just a vanity thing?
Long Live United Forenia!

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2022, 04:02:27 pm »

I think it’s just the fact that there is another wall of flesh between you and the adventurers.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2022, 04:23:23 pm »

Is there any practical benefit (for the dungeon) to possessing a minion, or is it just a vanity thing?

It's experimental, we'll see what works.
blossom

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2022, 11:49:06 am »

Probably going to just let this die, unless it gets some kind of (sustained) surge of activity. Happy to keep going even after this post, but this isn't really the version anyone is thinking about anymore, is it?

GG
blossom

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2022, 02:15:32 am »

Well that didn't last very long, guess we'll never be able to make the slug fortress now.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2022, 04:28:12 pm »

Well that didn't last very long, guess we'll never be able to make the slug fortress now.
Thanks, I feel the same way! ;)

If it got a total of 5 votes, that would be enough interest to continue. This is my first attempt, so I can't really be too upset about it.

Well here's my vote to continue.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 02:17:53 pm by roseheart »
blossom

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2022, 01:32:50 am »

Well here's my vote to continue.
Pages: 1 2 [3]