Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 1542 1543 [1544]

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3695598 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome...?
« Reply #23145 on: January 30, 2023, 02:52:36 am »

We can still hold out hope that he hasn't changed his mind and is just taking a bit go get it started.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #23146 on: January 30, 2023, 09:25:25 pm »

Reminds me of when I wanted to write a Fire emblem Fates fanfic. When I realized that the story I wanted to tell had a scope as large as Avatar the Last Airbender, I lost basically all of my motivation. It would have been a great story, but I am not the person to tell it. Still proud of the stuff I did write, but it will never see the light of day.
That hits me right in the heart. I had a homebrew tabletop game with 8 players once. It was, I kid you not, a self-insert Homestuck fangame. The 9 of us essentially were playing ourselves, if suddenly Homestuck had happened to us. Only one of the players had ever read Homestuck.

It was supposed to be 6 parts. It took 2.5 years to get through 2 parts. During that time, my players got jobs, dropped out of or finished college, one transitioned, and one's girlfriend forced him to completely separate from the rest of us. Scheduling got harder and harder. My energy faded. The end of part 2 was a good enough stopping point, so I left it there before I could destroy the good vibes completely.

I still have the notes and scenes I wrote for parts 3 through 6. Nobody but me will ever see it. I'm proud of what I've created, but I also know that such a cringe fanfic should never see the light of day. :P

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23147 on: January 30, 2023, 09:44:48 pm »

And here I am 8 years and 200k words into a Pokemon fanfiction only just about to hit the second gym in Emerald and still going. Glacially slowly, I admit, but going.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #23148 on: January 30, 2023, 09:47:52 pm »

2 pokes per month is a good balance between showing enthusiasm and keeping the pressure low (at least, for me)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 10:13:02 pm by RoseHeart »
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #23149 on: May 22, 2023, 08:42:12 pm »

I've taken the last week to read this whole thing for the first time. This is very cool (awesome, you might say) and I am glad I took the time to read through what was a huge part of the forums when it was running.

(Sadly several of FFS's links are dead, such as all the dropbox ones.... none of the actual update images, though.)

If there's any possibility of a reboot I'd be very interested, but I understand if the scope of that project ends up being too big.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 12:25:27 pm by Eschar »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23150 on: June 07, 2023, 12:35:49 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23151 on: June 07, 2023, 03:44:46 pm »

Thank you for your hard work.

Wolfkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23152 on: June 15, 2023, 12:36:20 am »

PTW

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23153 on: August 28, 2023, 01:52:19 pm »

FFS probably changed his mind. The story he wanted to tell in Warrens was a very ambitious one. I can imagine FFS remembering the sheer scale of the thing and weeping.

Reminds me of when I wanted to write a Fire emblem Fates fanfic. When I realized that the story I wanted to tell had a scope as large as Avatar the Last Airbender, I lost basically all of my motivation. It would have been a great story, but I am not the person to tell it. Still proud of the stuff I did write, but it will never see the light of day.

I came to terms with the end of Warrens years ago.

nah

(i had some stuff come up but i still plan on doing it. about a month or so ago i spent nearly three weeks backing up every single warrens image when i heard imgur.com may start deleting stuff. i heard someone else also made another copy so we're good to go in case imgur starts deleting stuff -- i can reupload it elsewhere as a megaproject then re-link in here if that happens!)

(all i'll say is the next 6-7 years are going to be a very fun time. i will not elaborate.)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 01:55:33 pm by freeformschooler »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23154 on: August 28, 2023, 01:56:33 pm »

Stares and waits patiently just staring and waiting and staring and waiting and staring and...
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #23155 on: August 28, 2023, 03:19:46 pm »

(all i'll say is the next 6-7 years are going to be a very fun time. i will not elaborate.)
elaborate
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23156 on: August 28, 2023, 03:43:08 pm »

Whether this comes back or not, I still think this is the best forum game to ever appear on b12, before, now, and in future.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23157 on: August 28, 2023, 04:38:35 pm »

Oh boy, here we go :D

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23158 on: August 31, 2023, 06:15:01 am »

The HYPE, it builds!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23159 on: August 31, 2023, 06:58:29 am »

Whether this comes back or not, I still think this is the best forum game to ever appear on b12, before, now, and in future.

(As someone running a current one)  Aww.

(But yeah, I think Warrens is better than mine.)
Pages: 1 ... 1542 1543 [1544]