Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I double the boosted mana Madness Enhancement gives while I'm doubling normal servant mana?

Probably a good idea.
- 1 (16.7%)
Not really necessary.
- 2 (33.3%)
I don't play Berserker so I don't really have an opinion.
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 41

Author Topic: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)  (Read 30326 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)
« Reply #300 on: September 06, 2022, 05:58:15 pm »

I feel a lot better about my extremely rapid defeat having seen everyone else lose as well.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 06, 2022, 08:04:30 pm »

Yeah, this round was not planned out well on my part. I’ll take the complaints and issues into consideration for 1.3.5. One thing that was noted was that I forgot the passive mana sense servants all have, so everyone but Nuada sound have been able to detect their opponent without seeing them, since only Cursed Arm had presence concealment.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 07, 2022, 09:34:34 pm »

Nuada

Nuada held his hands up and said “I surrender.”

From the darkness, he could hear the sound of something moving. It seemed vaguely like the darkness in front of him had grown slightly darker. He squinted, trying to make out what he was looking at, when something shot out of the darkness like a jet black spear. It stopped, half an inch from his forehead, as a voice spoke to him from the darkness.

“Leave,” said a man’s voice, with a middle eastern accent, “And do not return.”

And Nuada did just that.

So ends round 3. As stated, I'll need some time to work on the new servants for 3.5, not to mention homework assignments I have to do, so you'll have to hold on for a bit before we do the retry. I'll try my best to get everything ironed out this weekend and start this back up on Monday.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 01, 2022, 08:14:57 pm »

Round 1.3.5
You stand outside the woods. The night is dark, but from outside the canopy you can still see the moon and stars, though that’s likely to change when you enter. Looking in, you can see that the ground has been cleared of dry leaves and other debris, which would have helped you hide your entrance, if not for your mana signature. The wind is still, and the leaves above are the same.

You’re here to deal with the servant who made their base in the woods in front of you. They can probably sense you coming by now, but you probably have a bit more time if you want to prepare more before you press on.
(Actions)

So... I'm back, finally, with the promised round 1.3.5. I'm very sorry for how long it took me to get back on this and I understand if some people are tired of this. Good news is, assuming we don't have another redo like we did last time, I have the opponent worked out for the next round, so there shouldn't be a similar delay. As for the actual match-ups for this round, as decided by dice rolls, we have:

Asclepius vs Irine

Asterios vs Doc Holliday

Frankenstein vs Nuada

Hassan vs John Henry

You should be able to find the info on the enemy servants on their sheets.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 01, 2022, 08:27:49 pm »

Um, not to be mean, but Irine's opponent doesn't seem to have any way to attack. Are you sure you don't want to re-roll her opponent to someone that is effective in a non-group engagement?
EDIT: well, um, here's her actions, but this feels like a bit of an unfair fight in her favor. we're both siege-types, but Irine has attack tools and her opponent doesn't.

Irine
current form: Human
mana: 200/200

Shifting to my hybrid form, I generate my own Territory here, adjacent to my opponent's Territory, knowing that a siege of Caster vs Caster is about to begin, and they are likely doing much the same.
I win the toe-to-toe fight here, but I don't think I can prevent his escape if he decides to run. It's really too bad that we have to fight at all.

Spoiler: Irine (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 10:59:11 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 01, 2022, 08:44:03 pm »

trigger active ability.  attack.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 01, 2022, 09:00:55 pm »

trigger active ability.  attack.
A. You can’t trigger ability and attack on the and turn.
B. You’re still a decent distance from the enemy and you only do melee, so it would take a bit to get close enough to attack.

Snip
I’m going with what the dice say. Let’s see how it goes
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 09:03:31 pm by Smoke Mirrors »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 01, 2022, 09:05:34 pm »

Doc leans up against a tree and coughs. A bunch. Blood drips out his mouth.

I don't have any preparation things so this will have to do~
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 01, 2022, 09:12:56 pm »

Doc leans up against a tree and coughs. A bunch. Blood drips out his mouth.

I don't have any preparation things so this will have to do~
You can just head right in if you want. Prep is optional.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 01, 2022, 09:17:27 pm »

If coughing is optional, then why is he doing it?

Move in already. If the rules haven't changed that much he's just going to...kinda flatten me.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 01, 2022, 09:22:04 pm »

I just looked up Asterios (Doc's opponent) and that is one monster of a charsheet. All the A ranks.

Stirk, I agree that you can't win if you fight fair... do you have to fight fair?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 01, 2022, 09:33:13 pm »

I just looked up Asterios (Doc's opponent) and that is one monster of a charsheet. All the A ranks.

Stirk, I agree that you can't win if you fight fair... do you have to fight fair?

Kinda. His whole thing is staying in a labyrinth so it isn't like I can just stay outside and set traps, he's just as fast as me so I can't hit and run, and the whole point of this is to test the mechanics so going off-mechanics would kinda be a waste of space.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 01, 2022, 09:36:22 pm »

Yeah, your dice roll was not great, but I’m not opposed to you going off mechanics and trying to get creative.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 01, 2022, 09:51:43 pm »

Smoke, would it be a problem to let Irine and Doc's fight be a 2v2? Here's irine's 1v1 fight as an automated combat:
Both casters create territory.
Irine uses NP. Asclepius (now A) brings out the snake.
Irine NP T2, snake sheds skin to reach Irine, A has a 50/50 of even getting to act, probably heals self, lets say to full.
Irine Np T3, snake constricts irine for 20dmg and prevents physical actions. Irine is regening 25/turn, attacks non-physically, and ignores this.
Irine NP T4, A behins actually taking lasting dmg, still can't hurt Irine, and is stunlocked.
Irine NP T5+, see above.

The simple problem is A can't hurt her. So skip this match and lets 2v2 it so it'll be interesting.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 01, 2022, 10:03:48 pm »

Yeah, your dice roll was not great, but I’m not opposed to you going off mechanics and trying to get creative.

Not a whole lot of options there either, unless he's hiding a Master somewhere.

Smoke, would it be a problem to let Irine and Doc's fight be a 2v2? Here's irine's 1v1 fight as an automated combat:
Both casters create territory.
Irine uses NP. Asclepius (now A) brings out the snake.
Irine NP T2, snake sheds skin to reach Irine, A has a 50/50 of even getting to act, probably heals self, lets say to full.
Irine Np T3, snake constricts irine for 20dmg and prevents physical actions. Irine is regening 25/turn, attacks non-physically, and ignores this.
Irine NP T4, A behins actually taking lasting dmg, still can't hurt Irine, and is stunlocked.
Irine NP T5+, see above.

The simple problem is A can't hurt her. So skip this match and lets 2v2 it so it'll be interesting.

You know he can still Default Attack right?

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 41