Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I double the boosted mana Madness Enhancement gives while I'm doubling normal servant mana?

Probably a good idea.
- 1 (16.7%)
Not really necessary.
- 2 (33.3%)
I don't play Berserker so I don't really have an opinion.
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41

Author Topic: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)  (Read 32037 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)
« Reply #315 on: October 01, 2022, 10:10:30 pm »

his strength is D, Irin'e NP requires opposed Str checks to avoid stunlock. He might maaaaaaayyybe have a chance if he charges out of his territory and directly at her immediately. and crits. repeatedly. That's about it. It's a complete mismatch because his entire build is based on healing teammates and it's a 1v1. He'll be an absolute monster in a 2v2, but this 1v1 is a waste of time.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 02, 2022, 08:40:38 am »

If you both want we could try a 2v2. It does seem like Irine’s NP is a bit broken in 1v1.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 02, 2022, 09:13:00 am »

I wouldn't say that Irine's NP is busted so much as having no good attack tools in a 1v1 is unwise. If A had the ability to do good dmg in return then they could have a match. But I'm down for a 2v2 if Stirk is. Lets the people with support tools use them properly, both friend and foe.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 02, 2022, 10:36:57 am »

If you both want we could try a 2v2. It does seem like Irine’s NP is a bit broken in 1v1.

I don't care. I'm still in the opinion that this test is taking way too long and the actual game should have started :V

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 02, 2022, 11:21:57 am »

Quote from: Stirk
I'm still in the opinion that this test is taking way too long and the actual game should have started :V
same but I figure Smoke is getting into a writing rhythm and that there's no point pushing.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 02, 2022, 11:33:55 am »

I openly admit the delays are entirely my fault, and if it weren't for them we'd probably be on the game already, but at the same time, since testing keeps turning up new things that either need to be fixed, or that changing helps the experience, I don't feel that I can rush past testing to make up for the delays, given I don't want to discover another issue while the game is already in progress.

EDIT: Actually, doing a 2v2 test now would probably speed testing up some as it would give me data to work out how group combat works.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 11:41:20 am by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 03, 2022, 10:45:35 am »

So… Lenglon and Stirk, do you want to modify your actions for being in a 2v2?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 03, 2022, 10:47:13 am »

I don't - step 1 for me is to use my range advantage. Instead of me coming to them, I plan on making them come to me.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 03, 2022, 10:58:23 am »

So… Lenglon and Stirk, do you want to modify your actions for being in a 2v2?

Give Indra the stink eye for clearly not caring about me coughing up blood. Otherwise continue.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 03, 2022, 11:21:32 am »

((Wrong character , but Irine actually would react heavily to that.))

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 03, 2022, 12:02:56 pm »

I don't - step 1 for me is to use my range advantage. Instead of me coming to them, I plan on making them come to me.
Just making sure you know, you are in the attacker position. If both groups sit around and do nothing indefinitely, that’s to the advantage of your opponent, so they have no reason to attack.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 03, 2022, 12:08:46 pm »

Single-Mindedness targetting Hassan, throw the rail spike.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 03, 2022, 12:14:43 pm »

Doc leans up against a tree and coughs. A bunch. Blood drips out his mouth.

I don't have any preparation things so this will have to do~
"What?! Doc, what happened?"
I run over to my companion and grab him, first making sure he isn't about to fall and then transitioning into a hug, rubbing against him and making this as easy as possible as I expand my soul-self to encompass him, attempting to clean out whatever corruption is making him sick. using Cleanse by Fire

Irine
current form: Human
mana: 200/200

Spoiler: Irine (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 10:59:29 pm by Lenglon »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 03, 2022, 04:03:47 pm »

Single-Mindedness targetting Hassan, throw the rail spike.
Like I said to Paladin, you’re currently not close enough to immediately engage in combat, especially you, given Hassan’s presence concealment.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 03, 2022, 04:44:15 pm »

Doc leans up against a tree and coughs. A bunch. Blood drips out his mouth.

I don't have any preparation things so this will have to do~
"What?! Doc, what happened?"
I run over to my companion and grab him, first making sure he isn't about to fall and then transitioning into a hug, rubbing against him and making this as easy as possible as I expand my soul-self to encompass him, attempting to clean out whatever corruption is making him sick. using Cleanse by Fire

Irine
current form: Human
mana: 200/200

Spoiler: Irine (click to show/hide)

"This is funny....Get off me woman, I ain't no baby. Nothin' you can cure neither. Goes down way past my bones into my Spirit Origin. All it means is we can't camp out here and pray they get bored before we do. If we don't go in now you'll be camping here yourself."

He pushes the girl away and starts walking toward the enemy.

"Quicker we end this fight the better."

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41