Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I double the boosted mana Madness Enhancement gives while I'm doubling normal servant mana?

Probably a good idea.
- 1 (16.7%)
Not really necessary.
- 2 (33.3%)
I don't play Berserker so I don't really have an opinion.
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41

Author Topic: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)  (Read 32035 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)
« Reply #330 on: October 03, 2022, 10:55:50 pm »

"Hey! There's no need to rush this. Couldn't you let me build up some flames to work with first?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 03, 2022, 11:34:16 pm »

"Hey! There's no need to rush this. Couldn't you let me build up some flames to work with first?"

"Know I'm the doctor here, but smoke ain't going to help my lungs much."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 04, 2022, 12:12:23 am »

Irine and Doc
Doc Luck Check: 10 (Success), 16 (No Crit), Remainder 10 (Irine gains +40 Damage)
Irine Creates Territory
Doc Agility Check: 13 (Success), 18 (No Crit), Remainder 7

Doc leaned against a tree and coughed, blood dribling out of his mouth as specks of red sprayed his inner elbow. It wasn’t a great time for his consumption to be acting up, but was any time a good time really?

However, his partner didn’t seem to know about his… medical history, as she ran over to him.

"What?!” Irine questioned, grabbing Doc to make sure he didn’t fall over, before she turned the grip into a firmer hug, “Doc, what happened?"

Irine began trying to expand her soul-self in an attempt to burn away whatever was causing Doc’s illness, but the man pushed her away.

"This is funny....Get off me woman, I ain't no baby.” he said, brushing himself off, “Nothin' you can cure neither. Goes down way past my bones into my Spirit Origin. All it means is we can't camp out here and pray they get bored before we do. If we don't go in now you'll be camping here yourself."

He started walking into the woods, rubbing the blood on his lips away with the back of his hand.

"Quicker we end this fight the better."

"Hey! There's no need to rush this.” Irine shouted after him, “Couldn't you let me build up some flames to work with first?"

Even as she said it, a few small fires began to form from the ground as her territory started heating the air, taking away the crisp chill of the night.

"Know I'm the doctor here, but smoke ain't going to help my lungs much." Doc replied as he kept walking. Still, he only moved at a walking pace, not wanting to exert himself too much before the fight began.

Irine could catch up to him before he got too far, and they could still hear each other.

Nuada
Activate Skill: Cool Down 6 Turns
Agility Check: 5 (Success), 2 (Crit Success), Remainder 9

Nuada focused some of his mana into his blade as he ran into the woods, charging right towards the mana signature of his enemy. He deftly ran through the trees, cutting away at branches that got in his way, until he arrived at a clearing where the center of the mana signature was.

In the middle of the clearing sat a pretty young girl, wearing a white dress resembling a wedding gown, and what appeared to be metal heels, with her red bangs hanging over her eyes. The only thing odd with her was the long golden horn in the middle of her forehead, like a mechanical unicorn, and the two golden objects sticking out of the sides of her head, which seemed to connect to a golden necklace around her neck.

She stared at Nuada in surprise, as if she wasn’t expecting him to be here. A large metal mace lay next to her, but in her hands seemed to be… wild flowers.

John Henry
Agility Check: 5 (Success), 10 (Crit Success), Remainder 1
Luck Check: 1 (Success), 3 (Crit Success), Remainder 12 vs 8 (Success), 16 (No Crit), Remainder 12
Agility Check (Attack): 15 (Success), 6 (No Crit), Remainder 5 vs 16 (Success), 19 (No Crit), Remainder 9
Hassan Agility Check: 6 (Success), 18 (No Crit), Remainder 14 vs 2 (Success), 17 (Crit Success), Remainder 1

John Henry charged into the woods in his single minded pursuit of his enemy. His lazer focus on his job let him zero in on the slimmest fragment of a mana signature that he could only barely feel. For anyone else, such a signature would have been lost in the sea of mana passively floating around in the atmosphere, but anyone else wasn't John Henry. He blocked out everything else, rushing through the forest like a steam train, as if he didn’t even realize it was there, until he could see something before him, a shadow that seemed just a bit more solid than the rest of the darkness.

Without wasting a moment, he threw his railroad spike forward at the shadow, but his enemy was fast, leaping out of the way of the projectile in a flash, as the spike lodged itself into a tree, partially splitting the trunk.

“Ah, I am surprised by your ability to sense my presence,” the shadow stated, turning to face John, revealing a bone white skull mask under his hood, the only thing resembling color in his shadowy form, “I suppose it would be best for me to attempt to rectify this failing.”

He attempted to dash off into the woods, leaping from branch to branch like a monkey, but John Henry would not lose sight of the objective. He charged after the shadow, ignoring the tree branches that smacked against him, until he stood directly under the tree that his opponent was standing in.

Decided to let those who wanted to run right in roll for agility, and those who get a crit success would reach the enemy. Further, since John Henry was still able to attack this turn, and had managed to detect Hassan, I let him do so, while I gave Nuada a reprieve, since he couldn't attack this turn I made Fran not attack either. For Irine and Doc, once the action really starts I'll probably do an initiative system for the order of moves, I'll reroll each turn, with ties broken by who has the greater roll under for agility.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 04, 2022, 02:04:27 am »

My body dissolves into flame and then reforms again in my Hybrid form as I switch forms and prepare to fight.
"Doc I have range from out here, but I don't want to hit you too. could you please hold back instead of entering their controlled area just yet? Please?"
If he insists then I'm going to have to go in with him. it makes sense, but it also means I'm going to have to hold back to avoid burning him too.
If Doc's willing to hold out here then I can use my NP on the forest before us as a whole, burning them out and making them come to us so they won't have territory advantages. But if he's going in then I'll switch to using Flame Dance to the sides while I follow him in, the goal isn't to hit anything with it, it's to have it already going so I can maintain and reposition it in following turns using Soul of Fire, and also to regain some of the mana spent generating the effect as the forest catches flame.

Irine
current form: Human
mana: 200/200

Spoiler: Irine (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 12:35:01 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 04, 2022, 08:50:18 am »

engage noble phantasm.  murder her. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 04, 2022, 09:55:26 am »

engage noble phantasm.  murder her. 
You can’t activate your NP and attack on the same turn.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 04, 2022, 10:34:23 am »

My body dissolves into flame and then reforms again in my Hybrid form as I switch forms and prepare to fight.
"Doc I have range from out here, but I don't want to hit you too. could you please hold back instead of entering their controlled area just yet? Please?"
If he insists then I'm going to have to go in with him. it makes sense, but it also means I'm going to have to hold back to avoid burning him too.
If Doc's willing to hold out here then I can use my NP on the forest before us as a whole, burning them out and making them come to us so they won't have territory advantages. But if he's going in then I'll switch to using Flame Dance to the sides while I follow him in, the goal isn't to hit anything with it, it's to have it already going so I can maintain and reposition it in following turns using Soul of Fire, and also to regain some of the mana spent generating the effect as the forest catches flame.

Irine
mana: 200/200

"I've dealt enough cards to know when someone's bluffing. Ain't no way you can hit 'em from here"

Continue onward!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 04, 2022, 10:38:12 am »

"I'm not bluffing."

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 04, 2022, 11:08:19 am »

"I'm not bluffing."

“Then why didn’t ya hit em already? That’s what everyone who’s bluffing says”

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 04, 2022, 12:33:35 pm »

I glare at the person calling me a liar and simply get started, letting the results speak for themselves. If he wants to walk into it at this point it's no longer my problem. He was warned and decided to call me a liar to my face instead of listen.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 12:36:26 pm by Lenglon »

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 04, 2022, 02:57:24 pm »

then activate NP
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 04, 2022, 08:01:55 pm »

Stop, hammertime. Smash down the tree, leave him nowhere to hide

(sorry for dropping the in-character speak, as I said I'm really just kinda growing tired of this particular character. He's a bit too one-dimensional)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 05, 2022, 10:55:18 pm »

Irine and Doc
Doc Luck Check: 15 (Success), 3 (Crit Success) +40 Damage for all.
Irine Loses 50 Mana (Now 150): NP activates
Asterios Strength Check: 6 (Success), 10 (Crit Success), Remainder 26 vs 3 (Success), Remainder 1
Asclepius Strength Check: 18 (Failure)
Glycon Strength Check: 5 (Success), 13 (No Crit), Remainder 11 vs 18 (Failure)
Doc Agility Check: 1 (Success), 11 (Crit Success), Remainder 8
Doc Agility Check (Attack): 17 (Success), 16 (No Crit), Remainder 8 vs 6 (Success), 4 (Crit Success), Remainder 17
Asterios Agility Check: 17 (Success), 19 (No Crit), Remainder 10 vs 7 (Success), 6 (Crit Success), Remainder 7

"Doc I have range from out here, but I don't want to hit you too.” Irine said as her body dissolved into flames and reshaped, as she gained tails and fox ears, and her canines extended, “could you please hold back instead of entering their controlled area just yet? Please?"

"I've dealt enough cards to know when someone's bluffing.” Doc replied as he kept walking, “Ain't no way you can hit 'em from here.”

"I'm not bluffing."

“Then why didn’t ya hit em already?” Doc called back, but he didn’t stop his pace, “That’s what everyone who’s bluffing says”

Irine just glare at the part of the woods Doc’s voice was coming from, as he’d walked too far away for her to actually see him, as she started up her Noble Phantasm. If he was so smart, he could see how he liked getting singed.

As for Doc, he kept walking into the woods, walking towards the mana signatures. He didn’t need to wait very long, as one of the signatures was approaching him just as much as he was approaching it.

The first thing he saw of the approaching servant was the giant metal axes in each of their hands, just the parts he could see already looked like they were longer than he was tall, and just the blade looked like it was about as tall as his upper body. The next thing he saw were the massive arms holding the axes, as thick as tree trunks and covered in scars and iron bands that looked like shackles. The servant’s legs weren’t any thinner, and similarly covered in scars and iron bands, one having a ball and chain which rattled as they walked, but didn’t seem to slow them down much. From the chest down, they were coated in iron plates, looking like something between armor, and some kind of device meant to keep them contained.

As the servant neared, they crouched down, so Doc could see their face. They looked like a young man, with wild, bushy white hair, and a gold hoop earring in one ear, but he’d never met a man with orange eyes like blazing embers, sitting in a black sea. Nor had anyone he’d met before had massive red horns sticking out of their head, which scraped the tree line even as the man crouched down.

In short, in front of Doc was a massive wall of muscle, wielding giant metal axes bigger than most horses, covered in armor, and certainly looking like he’d seen a scrape or two in his day.

Maybe he was friendly?

“Cousin said keep people out.” the young man said, flashing Doc a grin that his years of experience said was certainly not “friendly”.

Fortunately, Doc hadn’t lived long enough to die of tuberculosis because of his excellent dentistry, as he had his guns out of their holsters and firing away the moment the monster before him had stopped talking.

Unfortunately, the man straightened up as soon as he heard the sound of Doc’s pistols fire, causing the bullets that had been aimed at his chest to instead hit the metal plate sitting over his stomach and ricocheted off, hitting the trees around them.

The man responded by slamming his axes down at Doc, but Holliday was faster, as the ax buried itself into the ground he had previously occupied, while he jumped back.

As Doc landed, a small spiral of flame took shape between him and his opponent.

Nuada
Nuada Loses 50 Mana (Now 150): NP Activates (+ to Strength and Agility, +20 damage)
Frankenstein Agility Roll: 20 (Success), Remainder 1 vs 14 (Success), 8 (Crit Success), Remainder 6

Nuada pushed his mana into his sword and silver arm, causing both to glow in the pale moonlight, as green runes seemed to etch themselves into the surface. The world around him seemed to slow to a crawl, as he saw the girl’s face turn slightly worried, and she moved to pick up the weapon beside her.

The girl picked up her weapon and swung it at Nuada, but he’d been getting ready to dodge before she even picked it up. He slipped out of the way of the club, and even managed to avoid the sparks of electricity that streaked off it.

John Henry
Strength Check: 4 (Success), 1 (Crit Success), Remainder 15
Endurance Check: 17 (Success), 4 (Crit Success), Remainder 3
Hassan Agility Check: 4 (Success), 4 (Crit Success), Remainder 12 vs 11 (Success), 5 (No Crit), Remainder 5

John Henry started smashing away at the tree that his opponent stood on, hoping to take away his hiding place, but the shadow jumped to a new tree. John broke down that tree once he’d finished the first, but the shadow jumped again, and unfortunately, the forest was dense with trees. For each one cut down, there were still three or four in range for the shadow to jump to, and he could jump faster than John Henry could cut the trees down.

While Jon could keep working forever, he didn’t have the same mobility as his opponent, and while Jon had managed to get himself a tidy pile of lumber by the end of his attempt, he’d lost track of his enemy, and with barely any mana signature to track, he’d have to work to get that trace back.

(sorry for dropping the in-character speak, as I said I'm really just kinda growing tired of this particular character. He's a bit too one-dimensional)
Understandable. Yeah, a berserker who can't speak, or only speaks about one thing can get kind of boring after a while, especially without anyone to bounce off of, which is why GO changed up how they did Berserkers after a bit. I'd offer to let you switch out, but not only are we in the middle of a round, but I think it would be a good idea to keep the same character for a whole test to get a good picture of how the enemies are actually scaling. However, when the group combat tests start, I'll let people switch out to new characters or let people step out and let new players take part in the test.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 05, 2022, 11:01:48 pm »

He hasn't cried out or run out of there yet, but to be fair it hasn't gotten strong yet.
I continue channeling my NP, building the impending firestorm that will eventually engulf the entire forest.

Irine
mana: 150/200

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 06, 2022, 12:53:31 pm »

Bullfighting? Never been the cowpunching type but I've seen it done enough to know what to do.

Doc keeps the fire between himself and the bullman, taking pot shots while leaping over it whenever the bull starts to get close.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41