Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I double the boosted mana Madness Enhancement gives while I'm doubling normal servant mana?

Probably a good idea.
- 1 (16.7%)
Not really necessary.
- 2 (33.3%)
I don't play Berserker so I don't really have an opinion.
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 41

Author Topic: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)  (Read 31942 times)

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/Mechanics Test (Mechanics Test for a new system for Fate style games)
« Reply #540 on: January 16, 2023, 02:17:14 pm »

I've said it before and I'll say it again, as much as I'd like to just run Fate/Lost Record already, new things I need to work on keep appearing as the test continues. While Fate/MT does technically count as a game, its primary function is making sure that when I do make Lost Record, it has all the major issues worked out and I can run something I can be proud of and not have to patch every few turns. I'd also hardly say that this has really been going a year since I'm pretty sure its been 50% hiatus, with a regular pattern only really coming up recently, and even treating it as a year, there are plenty of things that are still completed untested, such as extra classes, non-casters with spells, units above Rank 3, and the Physical Integrity stat. While you can count it as a game if you want, above all, Fate/Mechanics Test is still a Mechanics Test, and it's shown me more than anything that I was right to try to test out the system before I tried to make Lost Record a reality.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 18, 2023, 11:47:43 pm »

Irine and Doc

Doc 16
Asclepius 17 (Agility 16)
Glycon (3) 6
Glycon (4) 15 (Agility 12)
Asterios 8

Doc Luck Check: 18 (Success), 18 (No Crit)
Asterios Gains 40 Mana (Now 60)
Glycon 4 Gains 45 Mana (Now 100)
Doc Agility Check: 18 (Success), 16 (No Crit), Remainder 7 vs 3 (Success), 1 (Crit Success), Remainder 8
Glycon 4 Agility Check: 8 (Success), 3 (Crit Success) (1.5x), Remainder 1 vs 8 (Success), 14 (No Crit), Remainder 12
Damage Check: 20 (Failure)
Glycon 3 Agility Check: 16 (Failure)

Feeling Irine’s mana signature disappear, Doc shot at the snake again, but the knowledge that his partner had just returned to the throne of heroes threw his aim off, causing his shot to only lead to a puff of plaster as it hit the floor. The serpent that he was aiming at, meanwhile, was able to jump up and bite his arm, but fortunately, Doc was able to shake it off before its teeth sunk into his skin. The other snake merely missed.

Meanwhile, the aura signature of the doctor still filled the air.

Doc: 31
Asclepius: 200
Glycon 3: 120
Glycon 4: 55
Asterios: 60

This was quick as I have school stuff to do, but I also owed you guys a turn.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 19, 2023, 01:40:49 am »

I've always been fated to die since my first cough. Guess I get to go down shooting this time.

Shoooooooot sneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile

does snek get shot?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

Right, so, sorry. I have been really busy with college, and I’m sorry for not mentioning it. This hiatus started as a quick thing where I was going to l just delay the turn by a day or two and apologize when I posted the new turn, and when that ended up being longer, I didn’t want to post except with a turn, and I didn’t feel I had time to do a turn just yet, so I was waiting for when my schedule cleared up. At the moment I’m at the busiest I’ve been for a while, as we’re halfway through the semester and all the professors have assignments due, but after this week I go into spring break, and when I get back my schedule is likely to be a bit more open.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

Doc 4
Asclepius 16
Glycon (3) 17
Glycon (4) 1
Asterios 15

Doc Luck Check: 8 (Success), 16 (No Crit)
Asterios Gains 40 Mana (Now 100)
Glycon 3 Agility Check: 20 (Failure)
Asterios Agility Check: 16 (Success), 9 (Crit Success), Remainder 8
Doc Agility Check: 5 (Success), 16 (Crit Success) (1.5x), Remainder 4 vs 1 (Success), 14 (No Crit), Remainder 11
Damage Check: 20 (Failure)
Glycon 4 Agility Check: 10 (Success), 5 (No Crit), Remainder 2 vs 4 (Success), 9 (Crit Success), Remainder 7

Again the snake tried to jump at Doc, and again it missed terribly, without Doc even needing to dodge it. However, Doc wasn’t having much better luck, as a shot he’d lined up on the other snake failed as his gun misfired, leaving him open to an attack… which thankfully, he was able to dodge, moving out of the way of the lunging serpent.

Outside of the temple, the minotaur began to rise, and move toward the site of the conflict.

Glycon 4: 100
Asterios: 100

So this is back. Sorry, I've been spending my days applying for jobs for this summer and my nights with family, and admittedly one night where I got distracted and forgot that I had promised to get back to this. Looking at my doc for 1.3.5 again, it is 60 pages, and I think that may have played a role in why updating this felt more like work than something I enjoy doing. I think that, assuming anyone still cares enough to keep participating, starting next round I'm going to not do stun/stall situations. Anyway, 1.3.5 seems to be rapping up, as while I want it to end, I'm hesitant to just end it unless requested due to how close it seems to finishing on its own.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

sounds good to me! I'm assuming you want Irine's two stun/disable abilities to be changed to match?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

For the time being, I'll hold on that as they have a decent save, and I think a bit issue on the Glycons was the lack of save, but I'll keep it in mind as testing continues.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Shoot snek

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

Ended up watching a three hour film with my parents tonight. Tomorrow I'll be taking an 8 hour bus ride, so I'm going to try to write the turn on the bus and post it when I get off, or get it done before if I can.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

Doc 11 (Agility 20)
Asclepius 19
Glycon (3) 20
Glycon (4) 4
Asterios 11 (Agility 27)

Doc Luck Check: 3 (Success), 11 (Crit Success)
Asterios Gains 40 Mana (Now 140)
Glycon 3 Agility Check: 5 (Success), 19 (No Crit), Remainder 7 vs 19 (Success), Remainder 1
Damage Check: 17 (Failure)
Asterios Agility Check: 6 (Success), 11 (Crit Success), Remainder 16
Doc Agility Check: 1 (Success), 19 (Crit Success) (1.5x), Remainder 5 vs 15 (Failure)
Damage Check: 16 (Failure)
Glycon 4 Agility Check: 20 (Failure)

The stalemate continued, as no one was yet able to harm the others, but an interruption meant that might not be the case for long. A serpent lunged at Doc, and managed to catch him, but he was able to fling it off before it could do any harm. Doc erased his own attack on the other snake, but the rumbling of the room caused his shot to miss, as the Minotaur stepped into the temple, shaking the foundation. The other serpent was too effected by the shaking for its own attack to be effective, causing it to miss Doc wildly.

Asterios: 140

Managed to get everything done on the bus ride. I’m considering making some kind of modified damage  roll for people using fire arms and similar weapons which don’t rely on their physical strength, since Doc is failing a lot of damage rolls, and I can imagine other characters who might have a similar issue. Doing so might even add some kind of similar thing for Casters to do magic attacks without expending Mana. Do people want that?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

giving Irine the ability to attack without spending mana seems risky.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Shoot Beserker.

The game is kinda balanced around us not being able to do that much damage when Irene isn't using her ability, since I made a support build for testing :V

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

Ok then, I'll not add that.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile

Doc 16 (Agility 20)
Asclepius 16 (Agility 16)
Glycon (3) 17
Glycon (4) 5
Asterios 6

Doc Luck Check: 11 (Success), 16 (No Crit)
Asterios Gains 40 Mana (Now 180)
Glycon 3 Agility Check: 19 (Failure)
Doc Agility Check: 13 (Success), 18 (No Crit), Remainder 12 vs 17 (Success), 2 (Crit Success), Remainder 8
Asterios Agility Check: 17 (Success), 12 (No Crit), Remainder 10 vs 20 (Failure)
Damage Check: 11 (Success), 1 (Crit Success) (2x), Remainder 30 vs 1 (Success), 12 (No Crit), Remainder 6
Doc Loses 115 Mana (Now Dead)

Recognizing that the Minotaur was the biggest threat around, Doc switched his focus to taking him down…but it was too little, too late. While the snake that tried to attack Doc missed, as always, Doc’s attacks on the minotaur ended much the same, as the bull man managed to move out of the way of the shot. Unfortunately, Doc wasn’t quite as lucky.

An ax blade struck Doc before he could even move, cutting through his already injured body like putty. His body started to fade into spirit as he coughed up blood for a final time, before the last traces of him disappeared from the temple.

Doc: 0
Asterios: 180

So, Doc's dead, which means round 1.3.5 ends. Round 1.4 is likely going to be quick, and I'll be surprised if anyone survives, as you're going against an intentionally superior opponent. Don't worry, in the plan for the proper game you should never have to 1v1 a Rank 4 enemy unless you fuck up really bad. We'll also be introducing the Physical Integrity system, which I'll summarize in another post when I don't need to get up early. Paladin and Failbird, are you guys still there and willing to take part in 1.4?

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 41