Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ellipis - A Psychological Horror Short Film  (Read 1783 times)

wolf.b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ellipis - A Psychological Horror Short Film
« on: February 23, 2022, 07:13:45 am »

Hi everyone, I haven't been around here for a while now. I was designing the game 'Underworld: $hadow Economics' but sadly, my game dev partner passed away from COVID and I decided (with a heavy heart) to move on in a new direction with my life. I enrolled at university as a film student and I'm now shooting my 2nd short film in late March, called 'Ellipis'. We're raising funding for costumes, props, locations, cast travel expenses etc. we're using professional actors but the crew is part of our student film society. We've been in preproduction for about 6 months and we begin shooting test footage next week to lock down our final shot angles and resolve shot continuity. We're also going to begin experimenting with green screens for our horror entity (which we're very excited about). The film will be made regardless of the success of our crowdfunding efforts, but if we can successfully crowdfund the production we have a much better chance of increasing the film's quality - to the point where we can send it to short film festivals in the UK. I hope you'll consider supporting us, whether by donating or sharing the GoFundMe on your social media feeds.

It's a black and white film with a runtime of 15 minutes (the logo currently in use is a stand-in until casting and green-screen testing are complete).

Logline: The film is about a Polish man haunted by a nightmarish spider-human creature and traumatic memories as police search for a missing woman on his street and quickly come to suspect him.

Ellipis GoFundMe Link: https://gofund.me/2bd0b5bb