Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fleshmancy Demi-Gods (IC)  (Read 1179 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fleshmancy Demi-Gods (IC)
« on: February 28, 2022, 11:25:42 pm »

Deep beneath the stone skies, a soft stillness began to creep throughout the caverns and crevasses. For several moments, even the hymns of the vigorous stones ceased their low rumble, and true silence filled the earth. A deep breath before some unknowable future begins, the last age quietly, unperceptively, fading away to a future yet to be discovered. This fact was not lost on many of the wiser creatures that inhabit this land, though, many a man and beast alike could feel the tension of this unexpected quiet. One can't help but feel like prey in those moments, staring down a tunnel and wondering if this is not but the gullet of the earth, slowly swallowing all that remains of a world thought dead. Yet, that fear adds to the quiet, and all which fear what lurks out in the dark, or around the corner, they hold their breath and listen. It is at that moment, that despite not understanding it, many heard the beginning of a new age.

Among those, the Six Sunken Kings, the chieftains of the fleshmancers. Quietly, and with intent, they awaited the opportunity of a new era. Some had hopes of conquest, others of enlightenment, others simply sought survival. The Six Sunken Kings had gathered together for the annual Summit of the Sunken Kings. The auspicious timing of the turn of the age was not lost upon those gathered here. From left to right they sat in a circle: Jaheq, Kalamos, Lingka, Ta Zie, Chirrupchirp, and Baltais Karalis. As with every turning of the seasons, the birth of a new year, they had gathered to hear the report of their loose federation.

The report was aloud read by a capable steward of clan Brakbar:
With the extinction of Clan Aresgeta, despite tradition, this Summit is held outside the domain of any of the Kings. However, it is tradition that one king hosts the summit upon the New Turn of this world. Though we must return to the issue, we must select the next King to host the summit upon next year's turn.

Now to begin the report proper.

General stores are low, with little food stockpiled outside the domain of Clan Aresgeta, who were primarily focused on agriculture. Much of their clan was killed in an earthquake no more than one month prior. With Aresgeta exporting some quantities of food to other nations, most if not all nations will need to increase food production in order to account for this loss.

This also leaves the question of remaining survivors. While some small parts of their territory were not destroyed, many survivors are left without house or home. Several refugee groups have sought safe haven with the Court of the Six Sunken Kings.

Next, to the east, closest to the lands of Jaheq, Kalamos, and Lingka, large groups of the fishlike humanoids, Kroatoa, have been spotted. While they are a disorganized group, their numbers pose a risk to innocent civilians if they attempted to overwhelm the forces of Jaheq, Kalamos, and Lingka. Though it would be a hard fought battle, it is unlikely none would make it through our position. Whats more, Kroatoa are rarely seen in this region, while their appearance is unusual, the size of their forces is not unheard of in lands to the south, near elven domains. At this time, only a few small skirmishes have broken out with hunting parties, so no large battles have yet to occur.

In other news, a migration of giant cave sloths will pass through the kingdoms of Ta Zie and Baltais Karalis. While they are peaceful beings, their large claws and tendency to move in large groups, makes them rather difficult prey. As are the predators which follow their herd, seeking to pick off those who are weak, or straggle too far behind the pack. This is not an unusual occurrence, and occurs every several years.

In the mushroom forests closest to  Lingka, Ta Zie, Chirrupchirp, there is word that a deposit of aldranite has been discovered. While it's exact location is unclear, villagers in the area have found small chunks of the rare mineral in the region. While rare, aldranite is a very useful metal, which has a low melting point, but good strength. It is not only useful in the creation of simple metal objects, but is a valuable trade good among civilizations that do not have advanced metalurgy.

Finally we return to the matter of the next host. While hosting the Summit does place a burden on the nation in which it takes place, the accompanying festival, and prevalence traders, goods, and entertainment, brings additional prosperity to clans which have interesting festivals.

This concludes the reports.

Now that the national report has been read, the chieftains of the clans were free to discuss, act, or do as they liked. While some may stay and discuss, others may act as swiftly as they please. Though, some may find they can ask questions of their stewards, if they need an update on information about their nation, the world, or have other questions.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Hero Saga Setup: 97%. Other stuff Paused.
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Re: Fleshmancy Demi-Gods (IC)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 12:05:03 am »

« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 01:07:18 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 12:23:15 am »

The swarm of wasps that loosely buzz around the area reserved for Lingka, droning up some words, indistinct and filled with background chittering.

"Thank you zteward. I would zuggest that the refugeez of the mizfortunate Arezgeta be zplit equally among the zix remaining Zunken Kingz, zo that none of our food ztorez are overly ztrained. Further, it might be wize for uz to attempt to tap into the refugeez' expertize in agriculture to
 to recover zome of the lozt food production."

"I find the Kroatoa very concerning and I requezt co-operation from any of my fellow Zunken Kingz who can afford it to drive them out of our caves."

"I zuggest that the aldranite zhould belong to whoever contributes the mozt against the Kroatoa threat."

"Finally I believe that Chirrupchirp zhould hozt our next meeting."
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 04:03:45 am by Demonic Spoon »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2022, 12:28:31 am »

Personally attend to turning sloths into food, and send an experienced squad to perform recon on the Kroatoa: they may engage in either diplomacy or sabotage at the leading threetails' discretion.

"Aatha will host refugees only if those ex-Aresgeta will live as Aatha. We do not coddle guests for free."
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2022, 12:40:18 am »

Personally attend to turning sloths into food, and send an experienced squad to perform recon on the Kroatoa: they may engage in either diplomacy or sabotage at the leading threetails' discretion.

"Aatha will host refugees only if those ex-Aresgeta will live as Aatha. We do not coddle guests for free."
"I zee no problem with thiz, and it probably a good idea for all of uz to puzh for their integration to zome extent. Arezgeta iz no more."
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 01:49:32 am by Demonic Spoon »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2022, 01:07:29 am »

As always, the Phlegethonid gladly volunteer to host the next year's Summit; though, as always, we retain no ill will if we are once again outvoted by those less able to forgive and forget than we, even though it's highly unlikely that any remotely similar occurrence could happen again, given that all the explosives were of course destroyed in the explosion and their makers have been presumed dead for over a generation. In the event of the presumed failure of our bid we will of course support the nomination of Crescent Moon in the spirit of cooperation.

Now, as pertains the more important matters, the Phlegethonid would be happy to integrate whatever share of the Aresgeta is deemed prudent, in the interest of resuming agricultural production as quickly as possible. Likewise, we will do our part to drive off the filthy fish-beings. We will also dispatch a division of bloodhunters to accost the sloth migration, and if the rumors of aldranite should pan out, the heat of our forges will always be available for purchase to our allies.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2022, 01:14:08 am »

Personal Action: Lingka studies Aresgeta agricultural methods alongside any refugees who decide to join Brakbar, with the eventual goal of replicating their processes to feed the six Sunken Kingdoms.

Expedition Action: The brave beast-drivers of Brakbar will attempt to repel the Kroatoa threat alongside other clans, taking live specimens where convenient for later experimentation, the rest butchered to feed hungry mouths.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 03:02:39 am by Demonic Spoon »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2022, 03:12:55 am »

"Thank you zteward. I would zuggest that the refugeez of the mizfortunate Arezgeta be zplit equally among the zix remaining Zunken Kingz, zo that none of our food ztorez are overly ztrained. Further, it might be wize for uz to attempt to tap into the refugeez' expertize in agriculture to attempt to recover zome of the lozt food production."
"I have been informed that this is agreeable to the council of the Crescent Moons. Of course, should any of you feel your food stores are strained, we believe we have made progress in modifications of the agricolar sort."

Chirrupchirp turns to the Crescent Moons steward, a bookish, bespectacled sort with five arms, two quills, and a thick stack of fresh parchment. "Bird-Hand! Draft an invitation for any remaining Aresgeta should our magnanimous allies nevertheless see fit to turn them away. Give them our sincerest condolences on their loss and tell them that the Crescent Moons have a place for everyone. Don't forget to mention the academy's latest offers. I'm sure they won't mind us lending a hand."

Bird-Hand groans but begins writing one such invitation. "Anything else, chief?"

"I find the Kroatoa very concerning and I requezt co-operation from any of my fellow Zunken Kingz who can afford it to drive them out of our caves."

"I zuggest that the aldranite zhould belong to whoever contributes the mozt against the Kroatoa threat."

"Hmm... Bird-Hand! Send for the Organ-Grinders! Have Moon-Eyes give them a list of useful...parts and place them under our more combat-focused allies' command."
"Finally I believe that Chirrupchirp zhould hozt our next meeting."

As always, the Phlegethonid gladly volunteer to host the next year's Summit; though, as always, we retain no ill will if we are once again outvoted by those less able to forgive and forget than we, even though it's highly unlikely that any remotely similar occurrence could happen again, given that all the explosives were of course destroyed in the explosion and their makers have been presumed dead for over a generation. In the event of the presumed failure of our bid we will of course support the nomination of Crescent Moon in the spirit of cooperation.
"The Crescent Moons are flattered by your nominations, hypothetical or otherwise, but our seneschal, bless his soul, insists that the illustrious Brakbarian clan won the last Tunnelvision Song Contest, and I, humble envoy to the Crescent Moons that I am, cannot and will not dispute the wisdom of my elders. Alas, that our bard whose name I cannot recall had won even a single vote!"

Personal action: Invite the refugees and promise them farming-related augmentations.
Expedition action: Send a gang of organ harvesters to accompany whoever seems likely to attack Kroatoa if peace won't happen.
Summit host nomination: Nominate Brakbarians

Quote from: Invitation to the wayward Aresgeta
Chief CHIRRUPCHIRP, SUNKEN KING and ENVOY of the COUNCIL of the CRESCENT MOON CLAN, would like to express his CONDOLENCES over the LOSS of your HOME. An ORPHAN and OUTSIDER himself, HE has an INKLING of your BEREAVEMENT and wishes to extend the gracious WELCOME of the CRESCENT MOONS to ALL who will come and promises to cover the COSTS of advanced bodily UPGRADES to ALL who wish to receive THEM, the BETTER to rebuild your ruined HOMELAND.

Quote from: Letter to Moon-Eyes, Chief Chirurgeon of the Crescent Moons
CHIRURGEON,

I have been INFORMED that KROATOA have been spotted in the eastern LANDS which potentially presents US with an inexhaustible SUPPLY of ichthyid COMPONENTS. Our CONTRIBUTION to the EXPEDITION will be the ORGAN-GRINDERS should our ALLIES find no TRUCE or with THEM. THEY are EXPERTS at DIPLOMACY, but make sure the ORGAN-GRINDERS are APPRISED as to what COMPONENTS YOU require for the AXOLOTL-CASTE PROJECT anyway.

Kind REGARDS,
CHIRRUPCHIRP

EDIT: Fixed clan misnaming
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 03:49:01 am by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2022, 03:43:36 am »

"If the Crezcent Moonz are unwilling to hozt, then I, Lingka, zupport the Phlegethonid bid for holding our next nadir. They've barely cauzed any explosions in the lazt year, and that earthquake in Clan Arezgeta iz almozt certainly not their fault. While the Brakbar are indeed happy with our victory in the Tunnelvisionz, we are ztill recovering from hozting the lazt meeting."
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 12:33:54 am by Demonic Spoon »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2022, 12:29:22 am »

"If the Crezcent Moonz are unwilling to hozt, then I, Lingka, zupport the Phlegethonid bid for holding our next nadir, they've barely cauzed any explosions in the lazt year, and that earthquake in Clan Arezgeta iz almozt certainly not their fault. While the Brakbar are indeed happy with our victory in the Tunnelvisionz, we are ztill recovering from hozting the lazt meeting."
An unexpected kindness! We will have a special toast to you if we are chosen. Would Jägerbombs be in poor taste?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2022, 06:32:02 pm »

"das vun has no issues vith the Phlegethonid holding zee next meeting."
Jsheq Looks to his steward for a 'reminder' as to the state of his lands and people.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2022, 11:24:18 am »

did i get in?
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2022, 01:45:49 pm »

After speaking with her advisor for a bit while the others have been talking, she goes to speak with the eight-tailed Elder
I would ask if you pan to tackle the Giant Sloths. If so would you be amicable to a group effort to corral them? Working together we might gather more safely.

(I think not BlackPaladin.)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2022, 08:41:39 pm »

"das vun has no issues vith the Phlegethonid holding zee next meeting."
Jsheq Looks to his steward for a 'reminder' as to the state of his lands and people.

Jsheq's steward was a heavy fellow. He was not particularly fat, save for a barrel of a gut, but his muscled limbs were lined with small balls and chains, affixed deep into his flesh. A small chain and weight hung from beneath his chin, and hung about where one would expect a necklace to lay upon one's neck. These symbolic decorations were not uncommon among those who served Jsheq directly, and have long been tradition symbols of their duty to the state, a physical representation of the weight of their responsibility. The steward spoke of a strong people, who knew well the mines and battlefield alike. Few among them had other professions, save for metallurgists and fleshmancer surgeons. Most of your food is meat, brought back by various warbands who hunt predators, rather than prey. It is a dangerous method, but one which requires little patience or skill, beyond those of the sword. It's not hard to find a hungry beast, more often than not, they're also trying to find you.

After speaking with her advisor for a bit while the others have been talking, she goes to speak with the eight-tailed Elder

During that discussion, Baltais Karalis was given a quick update on their civilization. They were one of the few other food producing clans in the nation. While the Asgeta clan was primarily focused on subterranean agriculture, the Kukaiņi clan cared well for a very specific kind of livestock, the Kuka Beetle. Their grubs, being about the size of a housecat, were a decent food source. During their growth cycle, they form cocoons which can be made into a fine silk, and their adult forms have a strong carapace which makes a fine material. The Kukaini have learned to capitalize on each of these phases to meet the needs of the clan as those needs shift. In times of scarcity, the grubs are slaughtered for food, while in times of plenty, they are allowed to mature for their useful animal products.

Much like their primary industry, the Kukaini have gained many insect traits over time. Many individuals have come to inherit insectoid limbs, or organs. Some members have unusual eyesight, or dietary needs, but as a whole, most insectoid deviations cause little discomfort or otherwise negative affects compared to other fleshmanced body parts. Though this applies to the population as a whole, those in the Royal Guard are far more insectoid than the general population. Having little in the way of warbands and raiders, as is the case with some other clans, the Kukaini have a highly trained elite guard, created by the previous ruler. Each individual has been heavily modified with a very rare insect, the Knight Beetle. The accompanying enhancements, along with years of rigorous training make the Royal Guard very powerful, but miniscule in number. It is one of the few positions that is respected by other clans, but rarely welcomed.

(Full update should happen sometime tomorrow, so get in any remaining actions and discussion while you have time).
« Last Edit: March 06, 2022, 02:57:39 pm by Roboson »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2022, 09:11:40 pm »

I would ask if you pan to tackle the Giant Sloths. If so would you be amicable to a group effort to corral them? Working together we might gather more safely.

"Aatha are warriors, we can handle some sloths. If you insist on helping, we will allow you."
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.
Pages: [1] 2