Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: MMORTD (6/6) IC  (Read 13671 times)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
MMORTD (6/6) IC
« on: March 01, 2022, 10:55:51 am »

OOC thread

After a brief message of words scrolling down your screen, stuff about how you can’t get out of this game until you beat it, how if you die in game you die IRL, and that all of your property is now legally the company’s and other alarming stuff as such.  You then wake up, standing in a ring with five other people, in some kind of steampunk town.  It’s night.  You think.  The sky looks weird, all purple and blue, but clearly with stars.  Suddenly, in the center pops up a pyramid-shaped floating blue thing, with two eyes and a mouth on one side.  It speaks in a bubbly voice: “Hello! I am your AI guide!  I am here to guide you through this game, and answer your questions.  So, do you have any before you start on your first quest?”

//all players may now post.  Also, please post your character sheet with your action posts and hold your actions.  Makes it easier on me.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 12:44:30 pm by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: MMORTD (6/6) IC
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 11:14:08 am »

OOC thread:
OOC thread
((fixed))

I look around, confused, trying to remember from before... and failing.
"Um..."
I squirm around a bit, moving my limbs and feeling my range of motion
"Where... are, we?""

Spoiler: Ahrian (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 11:49:00 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 11:19:59 am »

Theodore while shaken by the revelation of being stuck inside the game, and if he died he died for real; the young male cleric heaves a shaking breath before gathering his wits "Nothing we can do but pray," he weakly chuckles turning to the NPC "Er, where is the nearest temple?" he asks.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2022, 12:43:07 pm »

OOC thread:
OOC thread
((fixed))

I look around, confused, trying to remember from before... and failing.
"Um..."
I squirm around a bit, moving my limbs and feeling my range of motion
"Where... are, we?""

“Your are in Pranhull, a small town in the Outskirts.”

Theodore while shaken by the revelation of being stuck inside the game, and if he died he died for real; the young male cleric heaves a shaking breath before gathering his wits "Nothing we can do but pray," he weakly chuckles turning to the NPC "Er, where is the nearest temple?" he asks.

There is an error sound and the pyramid says: “I’m sorry, you have not unlocked temples yet.” 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
MMORTD HAT
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2022, 02:30:18 pm »

Blackhat adjusts her hat slightly from how it spawned, hiding her eyes.
"... Machine. Why is this happening."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2022, 03:07:24 pm »

"the outskirts of what?"
What do I see when I'm looking around at my surroundings?

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2022, 03:40:25 pm »

"Hilarious, I'm a cleric yet I can't go to a temple. Great..." Theodore thinks a moment before speaking up again "How can I unlock temples?" he asked, it seemed worth a shot to ask.
Spoiler: Theodore (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 04:00:52 pm by Horizon »

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MMORTD HAT
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2022, 07:43:48 pm »

Blackhat adjusts her hat slightly from how it spawned, hiding her eyes.
"... Machine. Why is this happening."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

the pyramid speaks: "you, voluntarily, consented for it to happen.  unless you have no memories.  that you did not consent to have happen."

"the outskirts of what?"
What do I see when I'm looking around at my surroundings?

you are in a ~30 yd hexagonal village center, the rim bordered with various buildings.  weird looking flying ships float overhead.   six roads, the entrances to which are placed in the middle of the flat sides of the hexagon, travel straight outwards for an indeterminable length before, as far as you can tell, terminating in a low wall and you can see no farther. 
"the Outskirts are the region in the Aether closest to the Void.  beings living in the outskirts have the highest danger of an Incursion." the pyramid says.

"Hilarious, I'm a cleric yet I can't go to a temple. Great..." Theodore thinks a moment before speaking up again "How can I unlock temples?" he asked, it seemed worth a shot to ask.
"oh no, you can go to temples.  that is, in fact how you unlock them.  temples, in this world, are like the... guilds, is that how you say it, of other games.  each worships a deity that follows closest to what they think is good, their perceived virtues, so to speak.  those who exemplify those virtues gain boons from their god.  clerics are the class that has the closest connection to the divine, but that does not state that warlocks, for example, cannot hold the highest place in a temple.  there are also, in terms of player organizations, gangs and corporations, but you will get to thoise later" states the blue pyramid. 

((when you guys are ready to go on your starter quest, just tell me.))

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2022, 07:57:21 pm »

Theodore sighs deeply "Of course they are..." he mutters under his breath "I'm ready for that quest...Erm who are you by the way?" he asks the pyramid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2022, 08:10:02 pm »

"Um, I don't remember anything."
How do I feel, physically? tired? achey? hungry? thirsty? numb? normal?
"Is... there anything we can do about that?"
I look at myself and the stuff I have on me. Do I intuitively know what my items are and how to use them? Do I know how to use my skills?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2022, 08:32:09 pm »

Theodore sighs deeply "Of course they are..." he mutters under his breath "I'm ready for that quest...Erm who are you by the way?" he asks the pyramid.

"I am an Avatar, your guide.  you may call me Av."

"Um, I don't remember anything."
How do I feel, physically? tired? achey? hungry? thirsty? numb? normal?
"Is... there anything we can do about that?"
I look at myself and the stuff I have on me. Do I intuitively know what my items are and how to use them? Do I know how to use my skills?
"ouch"
You feel normal.  yes, you intuitively know those things. 

((will post first actual turn once everybody gets their actions that say they want to start the quest in))
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2022, 08:39:17 pm »

"Well, I guess I didn't read the ToS well enough, but what's done is done. How do we beat this game of yours... whatever your name is."

Spoiler: Aka (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: MMORTD HAT
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2022, 09:01:23 pm »

"I'd like to sue. May I start a legal action from inside this interface?"
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 03:35:23 pm by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2022, 09:19:29 pm »

I get on my broom and verify that I have no issue maintaining my balance, then drift up just a bit, so that I can see the roofs of the nearby buildings, and keep looking around, seeing what I can see from my elevated position.
Edit
ready
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 08:27:44 am by Lenglon »

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2022, 10:25:55 pm »

Theodore nods "Thank you Av, and I guess for now farewell?" he shrugs.

Theodore will start the first quest.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9