Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: MEATGRINDER  (Read 6802 times)

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
MEATGRINDER
« on: March 02, 2022, 08:39:44 pm »

In the year who the fuck knows who the fuck cares, humanity faces two great crises:
1: Despite having colonized their own solar system, they are still facing major overpopulation with around 30 to 40 billion people spread across dozens of planets, moons, and stations.
2: There is an alien invasion of the system.
Because of this, humanity has the advantage of numbers and billions of people who have decided that that living in a cramped lunar hive city isn't as great as getting to protect humanity from the alien threat.

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)

Currently Deployed:
Spoiler: Hobo Bob (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: REDACTED (click to show/hide)

Reserve/waitlist:
A bunch of NPCs
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 01:07:26 pm by Screech9791 »
it's over

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MEATGRINDER
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2022, 04:30:14 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2022, 11:21:22 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2022, 09:46:14 am »

Bump
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2022, 11:23:27 am »

I think I may be able to start with just two people and have a theoretically endless supply of unnamed redshirts as a subsitute for other players while we wait.

You are part of a boarding party sent from the ISS Black Star, a patrol destroyer sent alongside some corvettes to intercept an alien ship. Your boarding pod has 10 other marines inside and was not the only boarding pod launched. Your pod lands in a hull breach around what appears to be a storage room, therefore leaving the start-to-crate score at an unimpressive 15. Your immediate surroundings include some crates, some aliens with guns and what seem to be their equivalent of spacesuits, and shrapnel from an anti-armor missile.

it's over

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2022, 02:28:20 am »

Use one of the crates as cover and shoot the closest alien thing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2022, 02:24:28 pm »

Same, but use a different crate, preferably on the opposite side of the room.  No sense in all of us getting blown up in one missile.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2022, 07:17:53 am »

Bump.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2022, 01:07:03 pm »

3: You duck behind one of the crates - or at least try to since there's no gravity in here - and shoot an alien.
1v4: You realize you have XCOM Rookie accuracy, and a crate behind the alien suddenly has a few more holes. The alien returns fire with its own gun, puncturing your right arm. At least your suit wasn't decompressed.

Same, but use a different crate, preferably on the opposite side of the room.  No sense in all of us getting blown up in one missile.
6: You find a crate that is actually securely attached to the cargo bay, and use it as cover and as a place to shoot from.
6v3: An alien attempts to use what seems to be one of their larger guns against you, but some ballistic rounds hit the volatile ammo inside the barrel, causing an explosion.

While you two are in a shootout, the marines try to get into cover and kill the remaining aliens in the room, but critfail (1) and 4 of them get killed by a stray rocket.

The alien ship cargo bay still has a lot of crates, at least 5 aliens remaining, and 6 marines inside.

it's over

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2022, 01:32:05 pm »

Shoot the closest alien.  Try to cause minimal damage to the hardware around it, we might want to keep some of that.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2022, 02:29:00 am »

Throw a frag grenade at a group of aliens, that isn't near any of the marines.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2022, 08:15:54 pm »

bump

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2022, 12:11:26 am »

This meat grinder isn't grinding fast enough!

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2022, 07:14:10 am »

only four deaths?  im ashamed.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2022, 02:03:20 am »

We need more meat for the grinder!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4