Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Autumn Kingdom Adventure  (Read 4091 times)

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Autumn Kingdom Adventure
« on: March 05, 2022, 05:08:07 pm »

Chapter One - Autumn Kingdom Adventure

The world was a wonderful place.  Full of Bogeys, and Pumpkinhead people, and even the Humans.  They’re the boring people.

The world was full of colors and strange things.  Giant creatures, magic, and moving plants.  Not that the Pumpkinhead people thought that was strange.

And there were Witches.  Vinge OIom, which  meant Vinge of Brightness, had wondered int Dunedimple.  A Strangling Forest Retreat.

Stranglings were funny little people.  Bats and Cats who worshiped trees.  Oh, they would deny they worshiped trees.  But they did.

Vinge was a female Witch with extremely long black hair which went well with her tall body.  Her green skin went well with her black eyes.  Her upturned nose went well with her tangled teeth.  For a Witch she was a beauty.

She owned a War Bear.  As did more sensible people.  Horses were so 27th Century.  Bears were the thing in 2797.

Who had climbed a tree and now needed to be brought down.

But before she could help her War Bear she was being attacked by a bunch of natives.  What was their problem?

Her lash did very little to stop them.  So she threw a fireball at one of them and used a spell of rotting on another.  They still kept coming.

Between using her lash she also used the curse of cutting and Rite of Torment.  But the others kept coming.

The also used the curse of holding.

As this was happening Gosley, her Bear, finally come down from the tree, which was on fire, and started attacking the strangelings with his massive teeth.

Vinge, running low on spells, started switching between her lash and her buckler. 

Then she noticed some of them were fighting each other.  Were some on her side or just enemies of the ones attacking her?!?!

She fought and fought.  But their numbers grew, she became tired, and Gosley was puking as the bear had become badly wounded.  She could only take on so many enemies.

Soon she was bleeding and was surrounded.  One of them charged her, knocked her down, and stood on top of her.  She tired to stand up but they mobbed her.  She was stunned and then killed.

And that was the short life of Vinge.  The Witch.

OOC : And so ends the Adventure Mod of Autumn Kingdom.  Wow…I did better against the Dinosaurs.  I lived longer in a world based on Primal.  And, yes, this Mod had issues loading the new world and exiting the new world.
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Autumn Kingdom Adventure
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2022, 05:25:17 pm »

Is this autumn kingdon adventurer sucession
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 05:35:48 pm »

Is this autumn kingdon adventurer sucession

No.  I won't try that with this Mod.  It didn't like loading or exiting.  It did the 'Not Reponding' thing on me both times.   :)
I am not going to do that to you folks. 

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 06:25:23 pm »

Nice, posting to watch. This world - mod makes combat extremely dangerous, and thus exciting!

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2022, 03:36:09 pm »

Chapter Two - Autumn Kingdom Adventure

Let’s try this again…..

The next Adventurer was a Pumpkinhead  in the hamlet of Searchedline.

It was a hamlet with a population of a few hundred pumpkinheads controlled by The Most Planet.

Medmor Tuttiecrigell, whose last name meant ‘Ankleboulder’, was a trader.  He worshiped Rumuney the Oaken.  Which was a force that permeated the Natural Hills.

He had a pet Great Pumpkin called Ruster Slipcrushed.

He started out in the house, or hall, of the Baroness of Inchedboat Den Atonalleeph.  Who was a Ratling.

He realized his bad manners and put away his axe and buckler.

After some basic questions he didn’t really learn much.  She was feeling fine, the surrounding area had nothing of interest, but a jungle, and they had a lot of small villages but only one place they traded with.  Called Horncombined.  But she didn’t seem to know where it was.  Or at least could not tell him where it was.

So he gave his farewell and tried to find a way out of the small building.

Asking around outside he found out that Horncombined was to the west.

Before he started his journey he went over his inventory.

Besides his weapons he was dressed well, have a lot coins, but not much in the way of food or water.  Still, maybe if he travelled along the rivers?

The hamlet was small and full of fields of different types of plants all mixed together.  Tomato plants grew next to blueberry bushes next to squash.   Still, it clean and organized.  And nobody was trying to kill him.

He marched westward.  At one point he did have to cross a river and move through some hills.  But soon he approached the Horncombined.

He could tell, even from a distance, it was much bigger then the small hamlets in the area.  He wondered what interesting shops it would have.  He also wondered if he could pick up another waterskin?

He moved north to the river that was on the southern border of the town.

He tried to full his waterskin but it was already full.  Too small he figured.  So he took a drink directly from the river.

Just to the west was a building with residents.  Monks.  Pumpkinhead Monks.

He ignored them and entered the building.  It was broken up into many rooms and seemed to be storage.  He found potato plants in the first room and he took ten of them.

He explored the rest of the building and found it full of bed, chests, and bags.  Was it an Abbey outside of town?

Working around outside he realized, no, it wasn’t an Abbey.  It was the start of the town.  It had expanded over river so the edge of the town was now on the south side of the river.

So as he crossed the bridge to the main part of the town, after checking the shops for another waterskin, we close this chapter.

Next time, will he find another waterskin?  Will he be attacked?  Will he be forced to join a cult?  Who knows…?

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2022, 10:39:34 am »

Chapter Three - Autumn Kingdom Adventure

Medmor had crossed the bridge and looked around the city.  Town?  It wasn’t a hamlet.  The Horncombined of the Natural Hills seemed a tad too big to be just a hamlet. 

He walked around the town and visited the shops.  Looking for a extra waterskin.  And maybe information about the surrounding regions.

He found out the hamlet was run by the Circle of Secrets.  And he didn’t much else.  Most of shops sold leather or clothe and products related to leather or clothe.

Though he did find a shrine to Rumuney The Oaken.

At the shrine he decided to give a sermon on Rumuney.  He was bad at it and gave up after a tad.  Nobody seemed to care.  Rumuney was worshiped in this town so nobody was offended by his sermon.   But his sermon had been pretty bad so he had been ignored.  Maybe they felt pity for him?

He noticed more stores, such as a weapons’ shop, but he wanted a waterskin not a sword or a knife.

He finally found the Keep which he assumed was the center of the town’s government.

He passed a tavern, “The Spice of Slings”, which he figured he would visit afterwards.  Nothing like a good drink after a day’s travel.

The Keep was full of books, display cases, and strangelings.  Were there any pumpklnhead folks in charge of the town?  Seemed not.  There was even a human.  But none of his folk seemed to be part of the upper ranks of the government.

Not wishing to talk to any of them Medmor decided to go get a drink.  So he went back to the tavern. It had a few performers and a few customers.  Not very busy.

There didn’t seem to be a tavern keep.  In fact he was pretty sure he saw a tavern keep at the Keep. So Medmor decided to serve himself.  So he grabbed a mug and drank some blueberry wine.

After filling up on blueberry wine he pondered on what to do next.  Maybe sing some songs?  Ask about quests?  Move on before somebody demanded payment?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2022, 02:15:52 am »

I should check this section more often because I almost missed out on this.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2022, 12:51:57 pm »

Chapter Four - Autumn Kingdom Adventure

So Medmor decided to leave before he was presented with a bill. 

So he left the tavern, walked through the shop quarter, then walked through the farmers’ market, to the northern end of the hamlet.

Yet, there seemed to be another town or hamlet or village up north.  Maybe they would have another waterskin?  Or something interesting?

It seemed to be called Reinspears Hamlet.  What a weird name.  It didn't take long to reach it.

The edge had houses and a well.  As he searched for it he noticed a lot of monks.  He greeted them and they seemed friendly.  If a tad annoyed at the rain.

The hamlet must have been a farming community as he noticed the fields of garden cress.  Along with mud roads and empty muddy fields.

Traveling north through the town he found a Shrine with a statue to Rumuney the Oaken. 

There was also a native aluminum altar but no die to roll.  Boring.  Though it did explain all the monks running around. 

But it didn't explain about the loons.

After this he went into one of the houses and tried to talk to one of the farmers.  Turned out they were boring people.  The whole place was nothing but houses and fields.  This people didn't even have tables or beds in their houses.  We're talking poor farmers.

Turned out Horncombined had been the center of trade.  There were eleven other villages, like this one, which utilized the markets there.

So continuing to travel north wouldn’t do much.  But still…adventure?

So he went north, soaked to the skin in rain water, and pondering what to do next?

He started a fire on one of the roads and went to sleep.  He slept the rest of the day and most of the night away.

He ate a small meal and restarted a fire to melt some ice to drink.  He then grabbed his Great Pumpkin.

Now what?!?!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 12:54:39 pm by callisto8413 »

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2022, 12:55:38 pm »

Chapter Five - Autumn Kingdom Adventure

After melting the ice in his waterskin Medmor went north with his Great Pumpkin.  He figured he might want to explore OUTSIDE the urban centers.

In other words check out the wilds!

He walked into the forest, found himself sleepy, and decided to sleep until sunrise.  So he started a fire, had a meal, and went to sleep.

Sadly, he slept through the day and ended up waking up in the middle of the night.  It had snowed.  Which was good because he was able to fill his skin with snow, melt it, and have water.  But after checking his backpack he realized he had little food.  One meal of salamander meat left. 

So now he had to search for something to eat.

The peach and almond trees were bare of anything to eat.  Even the berry bushes only had leaves.  And for some reason his senses told him not to touch the mushrooms.

Then he saw the badgers.  Meat in the form of annoying creatures who cause so much trouble in the settlements.  Food and revenge in one angry little animal.

He attacked a thin badger and was winning but it ran away.  So he attacked one of the others.  This time trying to go after its limbs so it could not flee.

First he hacked at the head with his axe and then sliced off a leg.  It worked.  The boar he was attacking, while trying to flee, could not move quickly.

He finally overwhelmed it, killed it, butchered it, and gained about six meals worth of meat from it.  Maybe they would be easy prey?  If they were too stupid to run away they would end up in his tummy!

Funny enough the other creatures didn’t flee.

After attacking one it DID flee so he turned on the others.  He used the same tactic of going after the limbs.  And it worked.  This dead boar gave him eleven meals of meat.

He attacked the last boar but it ran away.  Oh well.  He had a good amount of meat to eat.  And he was covered in blood.  But that didn’t bother him that much.

So he continued north.  He still wanted to see if there were any plants, nuts, or roots he could collect to eat.

Then he drank too much water and puked it up.

As he headed north, and vomited, he found a pear tree.   He climbed it, and vomited, and found no pears.

But he did find a river and filled his waterskin with fresh water. 

And wondered.  Would this be a good place to settle down?

Badgers to hunt, maybe fruit in the right season, and not too far away from civilized towns.  There was also cucumber plants, garlic plants, and even corn growing nearby. Not yet ripe but maybe soon?

So should he stay or should he go?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2022, 04:27:29 am »

Looks as nice as any for a place to live.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2022, 02:35:16 pm »

Chapter Six - Autumn Kingdom Adventure

So Medmor started to chop down the nearby trees and noticed a groundhog nearby.  Meat would be available at least.  Along with the fresh water.

So he built a workshop and called the site the House of Peace.  Then he started on a very small house.  He chopped, he built, he ate, he slept, and he continued to chop and build.

One a boar attacked the Great Pumpkin which ran off wounded.  Sad, really.

And for some reason, while he had a workshop, he could not make a bed.  It was weird.  He had a building, with walls and a floor and a roof, but no bed. 

Or door.

Hmmmmmm…..for some reason a voice inside said in order to place a bed you had to have a bed.  But how did one create a bed?  The voice didn’t say.

Hmmmmm……

Note :

I can’t figure out how to make stuff.  I did it before but now can’t seem to make stuff.  I need to do a net search.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2022, 03:21:26 am »

If I remember right you have to have the materials needed and be standing inside the workshop in order for the options to appear so you can build doors and things/

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2022, 10:05:27 am »

If I remember right you have to have the materials needed and be standing inside the workshop in order for the options to appear so you can build doors and things/

I kept trying to use the workship menu when it was under 'x'.  D'oh.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2022, 10:10:51 am »

Chapter Seven - Autumn Kingdom Adventure

Having remembered how to make a door and a bed and a chest soon the house was fill of stuff.

He put all his coins in the chest and then pondered what to make next.  He found a boar corpse near the river and butchered it.  It had meat, bones, and ivory.

Then Medmor decided to make a place to keep the Giant Pumpkin safe.  To keep it safe and out of the way.  And stop it from killing off the wildlife.  That was his job.

But even after he made a pen for it the stupid thing ran off to attack groundhogs.  And it left behind pieces of itself.  It wasn’t winning in other words.

After that he decided to refill his waterskin, place the extra logs by the workshop, and go hunting.

He attacked a ground hog and took the meat and bones.  He stored the bones with the valuable items in the chest.   But he could not see or hear his pet Pumpkin.  Hmmmmm….

He found and killed another groundhog.  But now he worried about the Giant Pumpkin.  Where was it?

Still, life was good.  Now if he could only figure out how to plant the potato seeds he had.  Or set traps for the faster, bigger, animals.  And if he made bone or ivory crafts who would he sell them to?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2022, 03:20:26 am »

I really wish there was a way to plant and harvest stuff in adventure mode without having to have DFhack.
Pages: [1] 2