Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75

Author Topic: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Game Over: Town Win  (Read 46663 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 4: Maximum Sin [5 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #1080 on: April 08, 2022, 05:11:03 pm »

The group lands on 4maskwolf, and one of the servants, looking hastily at the collapsed man, speaks up.

"I believe the detective would like for you to have your last words, before the authorities arrive. Is there anything you'd like to reveal that may allow them to judge you less harshly?"

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf - 3 - TricMagic*, ToonyMan*, Roden*,
ToonyMan - 1 - notquitethere*,
notquitethere - 0 -
Roden - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 1 - 4maskwolf,

3 to Hammer. Day ends on April 08, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (2 hours and 52 minutes remaining.)

4maskwolf has been chosen for elimination.

The group turns towards 4maskwolf, and waits for him to speak.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

4maskwolf remains silent, holding his hands out with pursed lips. Several black-suited personnel show up, handcuff him, and take him away, while one of the servants reads from a prepared letter.

"You've done well, but there is still one more among you. Unfortunately, I will be unable to continue overseeing your game, and as such, I will have my assistant take over from here." The servant curtsies, and then continues reading. However, before she can continue, several of the suits come running into the room, asking where 4maskwolf could be. The group looks to see 4maskwolf searching through the pockets of the checkered hat man, pulling out a small pocketwatch, and then disappearing entirely.

Honestly, everyone seems stunned, but the suits rush you out of the room while they begin to investigate.

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf - 3 - TricMagic*, ToonyMan*, Roden*,
ToonyMan - 1 - notquitethere*,
notquitethere - 0 -
Roden - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 1 - 4maskwolf,

3 to Hammer. Day ends on April 08, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (2 hours and 52 minutes remaining.)

4maskwolf has been executed.

4maskwolf was The X-Com Project (mafia).

Role: The X-Com Project
Alignment: Mafia
Wincon: You win when your team equals or outnumbers the remaining players and there are no ways to stop you.

{PT} (Auto) Top Secret: Inspections against you show as Town. Your other Abilities are not revealed on death.

It is now Night.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Night 4: Codename: Masked Wolf [4 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #1082 on: April 10, 2022, 07:47:38 pm »

You return to the room and see that the detective and ToonyMan are not there with you. The servant who spoke as representative opens and unfolds a letter.

“There is likely to be only three of you remaining, but one among you is the other conspirator of the murder. If you can find them, you will be rewarded, and if not, then a murder will go unpunished.”

“I have no hints, for this is our game. And you have all been roped in by me.”

She continues on, but there’s no point. The letter means nothing if the murderer isn’t found, and this is likely your last chance to do so.

ToonyMan has died.

ToonyMan was Yami Yugi (town).

Vote Count
------------------------
notquitethere - 0 -
Roden - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 3 - notquitethere, Roden, TricMagic,

2 to Hammer. Day ends on April 13, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (~72 hours remaining).

It is now Day.

Role: Yami Yugi
Alignment: Town
Wincon: You win when all anti-Town factions are dead and at least one Town member is alive.

{PN} (Auto) Millennium Transformation: Once per Night, you may transform into Yugi Moto. If you do, you may use two Actions, as long as both Actions do not belong to Yami Yugi or Yugi Moto. (You may use an Ability from the role you transformed from.)
{P10} (1-Shot, Night) Mind Crush [target]: Remove all Auto Abilities from your target.
{P10} (1-Shot, Night) Duel [target]: You duel the target and take a random non-Mafiakill Action as a prize. If you name a non-Mafiakill Ability that the target owns, you gain that instead.
{P10} (1-Shot, Night) Shuffle [target/self]: Reshuffle your target’s deck. This restores one (1) use of a random 1-Shot the target owns. If you name an Ability the target has, you restore that one instead.

Role: Yugi Moto
Wincon: You win when all anti-Town factions are dead and at least one Town member is alive.

{PN} (Auto) Millennium Transformation: Once per Night, you may transform into Yami Yugi. If you do, you may use two Actions, as long as both Actions do not belong to Yami Yugi or Yugi Moto. (You may use an Ability from the role you transformed from.)
{P0} (1-Shot, Night) Heart of the Cards [target1/self] [target2/self]: You copy target1’s Action and use it on target2. You cannot Choose the same targets.
{P-1} (1-Shot, Night) Horn Of The Unicorn [target/self]: The target is unaffected by roleblocks.
{P2} (1-Shot, Night) Magical Hats [target1/self] [target2]: You swap target1 and target2. Actions that target target1 target target2 instead and vice versa.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 5: Toon World [3 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #1083 on: April 10, 2022, 08:19:53 pm »

I was hypnotised into killing Toony.

This overwrote my track attempt.

This was not a superkill.

Tric, why was the kill not protected?

Roden, what did you do last night?

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: April 10, 2022, 08:42:33 pm »

Nothing lol. Tric probably targeted me.

Tric are you paranoid about me at all, or can we end this?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: April 11, 2022, 09:07:55 am »

I was hypnotised into killing Toony.

This overwrote my track attempt.

This was not a superkill.

Tric, why was the kill not protected?

Roden, what did you do last night?
Incorrect, I was hypnotized into killing Toony. And I protected Roden, or tried to until I got hypno'd. It's a fancy trick, but that only leaves you as the last suspect NQT.

Nothing lol. Tric probably targeted me.

Tric are you paranoid about me at all, or can we end this?
Nope. Townread you for a while. I was paranoid about Toony, but he's dead now.

NQT, if you beleived me to be the culprit, you really should have just voted me in that post.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: April 11, 2022, 10:44:04 am »

Pfp

It's LYLO. I'm not voting you until I'm certain. Unvote a moment before Roden hammers. If you're town, we've lost the game otherwise.

If Roden is scum, then he has a dual hypnotism. Like a free mimic item from 4mask. Mimicking and hypnotism seem to be the big themes of this game. I think it could still be Roden.

Think through the possibilities a moment here.

--

Roden, if you are town, don't hammer and lose us the game. Think through Tric's claim here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: April 11, 2022, 01:05:43 pm »

Pfp

It's LYLO. I'm not voting you until I'm certain. Unvote a moment before Roden hammers. If you're town, we've lost the game otherwise.

If Roden is scum, then he has a dual hypnotism. Like a free mimic item from 4mask. Mimicking and hypnotism seem to be the big themes of this game. I think it could still be Roden.

Think through the possibilities a moment here.

--

Roden, if you are town, don't hammer and lose us the game. Think through Tric's claim here.
The only possibility is a double action hypnosis against the same target. Also, my claim has been claimed long ago. You are the one who have been trying to paint it as something it isn't.  You've consistently been suspicious since you replaced. And perhaps most importantly, I've already town-read Roden, while you kept your role hidden. That happened all the way back on day 2 when he claimed before I cleared up what happened that night. Once you eleminate the impossible, whatever remains must be the truth. And there are only two town and 1 scum left. I know I'm town, and I read Roden as town. That's really all there is to it, and good on Roden if he is mafia. Kept me fooled, so GG then.

As is, you know your role, your alignment, and our roles. Think it through, who here is town and who here is scum? Oh, right. The problem is you've just thrown shade all game, so you don't have any true town-reads to rely upon here. Time's up, so make your own decision.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: April 11, 2022, 01:11:20 pm »

So be it.

4mask/TricMagic was the most logical 4mask team. I'm staking the game on that.

Also, double hypnosis is least likely hypothesis. Simplest explanation is you are the hypnotist Tric.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 11, 2022, 01:50:26 pm »

Which directly interferes with my own claim, and the fact I not only died but came back to life, which no one else did.
Likewise, I did protect 4mask from a vig shot. So I would need to be a literal quack doctor with actual doctor skills.

I do wonder if you can eliminate the chance that my claimed is in fact true in every sense. (sort answer, you can't. Nothing makes perfect sense without drumming up a huge conspiracy theory of me setting up protection for the mafia team night one.)

Likewise.. Toon World.
Thank you Tric.

So both Roden and Tric protected Max, as expected.

Now, I wonder which players I targeted?

In any case, I can confirm that mafia have a oneshot called Superkill that bypasses redirections and protections. I wonder how I could possibly know this. They appear to have unfortunately held onto it until last night.

This is good info though, as it means mafia were given a way to deal with protections, in other words MY ROLE MY ROLE MY ROLE Tric is almost certainly town from that fact alone. It might actually come down to him for lylo which is really annoying because he'll need to believe I'm not a godfather in a game with already two miller, but anyway.

I feel like Roden is genuine here, or at the very least not mafia with NQT.

Of note, when I was hypnotized, something was on my action, the mafiakill description. So we can take it that this bolded part is truth. Also, you could have pointed that out before me if you were actually hypnotized.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: April 11, 2022, 01:57:31 pm »

Your best bet for survival was to kill me or Roden. Sadly you couldn't do either since you'd have to hypno Roden or I to do the killing. If you killed me, you have to convince Roden that you're town and Toony is scum, while stating who they targeted. You could guess that, but it's a valid strat.

Make me kill Roden, and your tracking action wouldn't matter any. You could have had a shot at convinicng me Toony is the scum, but 4mask got lycnhed, so you would need a very well put together argument and a Toony that wouldn't break it apart. So at the end of the day, you'd likely get lynched, simply cause I find you more suspicious.(I'd likely spend time putting together a full action list in this scenario.)
By forcing one of us to kill Toony, you have to get the other to think the one you hypnotized is scum. So you pick me, as surely Tric is the easiest target right? Wrong. That is one of the key tells I look out for, people picking on me and taking advantage of what I leave open. I may be an open book at times, but sadly it's in another language.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: April 11, 2022, 02:50:34 pm »

NQT

Tric if you clowned me then you deserve the win.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: April 11, 2022, 03:15:00 pm »

NQT

Tric if you clowned me then you deserve the win.
I hope to manage that someday. Today is not that day.
1 last wowee for your fallen partner NQT?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: April 11, 2022, 05:35:06 pm »

"Two against one," TricMagic shrugs, pulling on a brightly colored pink unicorn mask. "I'm afraid that rules are rules, and this game is done. Though, it was done a while ago. I'm just that good."

"Nobody wants to hear it," Roden rebuts. "It's not a fucking game, this was a murder that needed to be solved, ya fuckin' dunce!" A vein in Roden's neck bulges as he puts his hands in his pockets. "You're lucky I don't kill ya."

"I see," notquitethere says with a resigned sigh. "I, for one, haven't seen the body yet. Have either of you? How can there even be a murder if there is no victim?" notquitethere points towards his head in an inquisitive manner and then towards the servant.

The two shared a surprised look and turned towards the servant representative. "Yeah, he's fucking right, who was even murdered?"

"It w--" And then notquitethere ran out of the side room.

Vote Count
------------------------
notquitethere - 2 - TricMagic*, Roden*,
TricMagic - 1 - notquitethere*,
Roden - 0 -
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 0 -

2 to Hammer. Day ends on April 13, 2022 at 20:00 CDT

notquitethere runs out into the dance hall followed by Roden, several guards, and then, at a leisurely stroll, TricMagic. Roden pulls out a small hammer from his pocket, throwing it at notquitethere but missing and hitting an elderly woman, who falls to the floor gracelessly. notquitethere pulls something, a small coin on a string, from his coat pocket and begins to mesmerize anyone around him. Bystanders begin to launch themselves at Roden, and Roden, in turn, launches them at a nearly identical pace, leaving a split sea of unconscious bodies in a straight path to the gardens.

notquitethere dives over the edge of the balcony, and as Roden dives after him, he realizes his mistake, watching notquitethere hang from the edge as he plummets 25 feet onto paved stone, breaking his leg. One of the guards, his eyes glazed and listless, helps notquitethere up, dusting him off before a pool cue slams against the back of notquitethere's head, shattering into several pieces. As notquitethere falls to the ground, the pink unicorn says, "Scum slips are tragic."

notquitethere has been executed.

notquitethere was the Mind Master (mafia).

Game over. Town (EuchreJack, Jim Groovester, Maximum Spin, Roden, TricMagic, ToonyMan, and Vector) wins!

Role: Mind Master
Alignment: Mafia
Wincon: You win when your team equals or outnumbers the remaining players and there are no ways to stop you.

{PT} (Auto) Multiple Methods: While you own this Ability, you may also have your Mastermind and Mental Manipulation target(s) perform the following abilities:
{P7} (1-Shot, Night, Mafiakill) Mafiakill [target]: You kill the target.
{P7} (1-Shot, Night, Mafiakill) Poison [target]: You poison the target. The target dies at the end of the following Day.
{P-1} (1-Shot, Night, Mafiakill) Superkill [target]: You kill the target, going through protection and redirection.
{P10} (1-Shot, Night) Track [target]: You track your target, seeing who they target.
{P7} (1-Shot, Night) Anti-Revive [target]: If the target would revive from a kill, they are killed.
{P3} (Night) Mastermind [target/self]: Your target is mind controlled for the Night. Instead of performing their Action, you pick another Action and target(s) for them to perform from either their own Actions or your Multiple Methods. If this is not an action that they own, they learn what action they used. You cannot use this Action on the same Player twice in a row.
{P0} (1-Shot, Night) Mental Manipulation [target x(1-3)]: Your targets each perform an additional non-kill Action from any other living Player. Any targets or Choices are your choice instead.
{P7} (1-Shot, Night) Meticulous Mess: You die and revive.

Role: Havel the Rock

{PT} (Auto) Boss Drops: You’re kind of a bad guy. Inspects against you return as Mafia. When you die, you give your Item Abilities to your killer or the last person to vote for you. Once per Night, as a free Action, you may give away an Item Action if you haven’t used it.
{P7} (Item, 1-Shot, Night) Dragon’s Tooth Hammer [target]: You slam the target into the dust, killing the target in one hit.
{P1} (Item, 1-Shot, Night) Havel’s Greatshield [target/self]: You shield the target, causing all Actions targeting your target to fail. You may self-target this Action.
{P5} (Item, 1-Shot, Night) Havel’s Ring [target]: Your ring allows for additional protection around the target. The target is protected from Kill Actions during this Night Phase.

Role: Pinkie Pie Mafia Party!

{PT} (Auto) Friendship Is Magic: During the first Day, Choose a Player to become your Friend. While your Friend is alive, kill Actions cause you to revive on death. Your Friend will always inspect as Town.
{P5} (Night) The Best Medicine [target]: You protect the target from kills and poisons during the Night. Neither you nor the target are informed of a successful protection.
{P-1} (1-Shot, Night) Sacrifice: You die. All other Players cannot be killed or poisoned during this Phase. If your Friend is alive, you lose Friendship Is Magic and revive instead.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75