Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Fish: Lord of Blood [4/4]  (Read 3811 times)

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
The Fish: Lord of Blood [4/4]
« on: March 12, 2022, 07:07:15 pm »

The Fish

The Rithen Council gathers annually in the Tower of Reedcreek Rise, the neutral passage between the nations at war. They meet to discuss the future of the union, feast and duel. The most important part of every council proceeding is the opening - The Grand Divination, performed on the innards of a fish. On the fifth day of the first month they met, and a fresh fish was brought in front of the visage of the lords. The fish was cut open, and what happened next shocked everyone gathered in the lookout chamber. The entrails of the fish were rotten and infested, and a massive blood clot filled nearly a half of its body. The times of strife are coming, the evil awakens, and the lords go into exile. To gather the strength, while their lands remain in the hands of their trusted advisors.

The first to rise is Armok, the God of Blood.

The Rules

Spoiler: The Rolls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Classes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Charms (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Leveling up (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 12:50:11 pm by Dark One »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Fish: Lord of Blood [4/4]
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2022, 07:08:46 pm »

Characters

Alive

Dead

N/A

Waitlist

N/A
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 12:50:01 pm by Dark One »

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
Re: The Fish: Lord of Blood [0/4]
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 12:54:33 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 09:47:11 am by BlackPaladin99 »
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 05:18:05 am »

I forgot about a little detail - the charms. Choose one from the list and add it to your sheet, or I can roll for it if you want to.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2022, 07:16:53 am »

On the mangled fish charm, what does “one object” mean in this context?
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2022, 07:36:07 am »

That you can search for one object at a time, without distance restrictions. Technically speaking, you can search for a single needle in a haystack on the other end of the world and, with a good enough of a roll, find it.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2022, 09:47:19 am »

Edited.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2022, 02:47:08 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2022, 03:47:37 am »

I'll be updating the character storage over the weekend, and we may start by then as well.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2022, 09:48:44 am »

Interested, making a sheet soon. Prolly an assassin since someone took necromancer already. (Or Warlord we need a heavy hitter.)
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2022, 06:24:26 pm »

Someone has taken an assassin too.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Fish: Lord of Blood [2/4]
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2022, 02:01:09 pm »

Added the characters to the list. We'll start later this week.

Toni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Fish: Lord of Blood [2/4]
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2022, 10:44:24 pm »

Hey, you seem to have space, if you are still going. Tell me if it doesn't fit.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Fish: Lord of Blood [3/4]
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2022, 02:35:07 pm »

Prologue

The fish has spoken - the lords are to be exiled and the kingdoms taken over by the advisors. Only when the source of the incoming disaster will be elliminated, the lords will be able to reclaim their thrones. They were stripped off of their royal insignia and their riches were taken away. The fish is what gave them all the right to rule, and the fish has taken it away now. And yet, there is doubt creeping in to the minds of the lords. Is the fish wrong this time? Wouldn't a cooperation of the united kingdom do better than a group of exiles? Before they are able to utter a word, they are pushed into a pool of a metallic liquid and their bodies start disintegrating in a burning agony! And then... darkness.

BlackPaladin99 - ?

The amnesiac awakens, flushed out of the water onto a river bank. All their equipment is soaked with foul, stinking water. It seems that this section of the river is contaminated with some kind of a black ichor, and the sight of dead fish flowing down the stream does not bode well. There is an abandoned village in the distance and going down the river leads to a dark, seemingly endless chasm.

King Zultan - Dr. Unpleasant

The angry looking man with a moustache found himself atop an abandoned watchtower, screaming in pain at the top of his lungs, until he realized that he is no longer submerged in the mysterious acid. This elevated position gave the necromancer a good outlook of the surroundings. There is an abandoned village far to the north, beyond a river. The river connects to a dark, seemingly endless chasm, and the forests in the local area are contaminated with some kind of a black substance. There is nothing more of interest around here, an enormous forest stretching all along the horizon.

Toni - Gottfried

The large, grey bearded man awakened gently... in a coffin. Even though the pillow under his head was unusually comfortable, he bolted out of the coffin and nearly fell off a cliff. It seems that he is on a tiny overhang. Looking down, the only thing that he can see is an endless chasm. A stream of foul, stinking water is flowing down right next to the warlord. There are more such overhangs going down, and he is barely able to discern a spiral staircase deep below the ground. It seems that there is no way up from this position.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Fish: Lord of Blood [3/4]
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2022, 03:35:35 pm »

i head to the abandoned village.
Pages: [1] 2