Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Scalemines and the failure of the Eastern Moat  (Read 3165 times)

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Scalemines atop the Hill
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2022, 02:30:15 pm »

The siege lasted for years, and the dwarves felt a great sadness. Cut off from the productive surface orchards and waterways, and without a steady stream of entertainment and visitors, there was little to actually DO at Scalemines.

So, after years of slim hope that the siege would miraculously lift itself, the dwarves fled through the caverns, climbing over dank rock and fighting misshapen cavern beasts, fleeing into the unknown.

Scalemines itself fell into ruin. At some point the main bridge collapsed, falling into the lower moat and causing a great pool of water to grow behind it. This accidental dam eventually broke, and the resulting outflow caused further landslides and a majority of the earthworks tumbled into the canyon.

Centuries later, all that remains of Scalemines is a small mound of stone blocks at the base of a tall waterfall.

===========

Good luck with the necro siege; you're stuck with them for a year, and they don't leave after half of them are dead either :-[ You have to kill every single one of them on the map. Buuut you probably know all this already.

You know, I never thought to incorporate gem windows in my catacombs, or any other dwarven room, for that matter (prolly because they can be destroyed, but that's only a partial excuse). I wonder, are gem windows magma safe? Actually, I googled it; there's a thread for it. Short answer: yes, but beware tantruming morons and building destroyers.

this is . . . good to know lol. I think gem windows are the best furniture in the game. shiny, colorful, and animated. as close as dwarves will ever get to television

anyways on to new fortresses, this one was fun but damn zombies can kill the mood if you aren't prepared.
Pages: 1 [2]