Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Stalkmatches - The blade of many hands (Weapon Succession Game)  (Read 21854 times)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile

Ẽrsil (The infinite plane)
Welcome to a world like any other in existence. With an exception, the steel sword by the name of Oltudtad (Stalkmatches). An ordinary sword except for its odd ability to call out to people. Encouraging them to sate its thirst, its voice and influence growing louder with every kill. (I wanted to see how a different kind of succession game would go)

The World

The Sword
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Sword current state

Spoiler: Notable kills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other Kills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Slayers (click to show/hide)

The Concept
  • Each person gets one week that starts with them seeking the sword and must end with them storing, gifting the sword to an NPC or something along those lines.
  • What you do with your week is up to you, killing isn't required and could lead to some interesting stories.
  • You get either 1-3 peasants or 1 hero. After that you can fortress for your week. Maybe even a vault to store the sword.
  • Don't kill someone's charcter unless its a kill or be killed situation.

The Turn List
1. AvoltionBrit - Post 1
2. Salmeuk - Post 1, 2
3. Unraveller - Post 1
4. Yarlig - Post 1
5.  AvoltionBrit - Post 1
6. Salmeuk - Post 1, 2
7. Yarlig - No post
8. Maloy - Post 1,2
9.  AvolitionBrit - Post 1
10.  Kesperan - Post 1
11. Salmeuk - Post 1,2,3
12. AvolitionBrit - Post 1,2,
13. Maloy - Post 1,2
14.  AvolitionBrit - Post 1
15. Maloy - 1,2
16. Kesperan-
17. Salmeuk
18. AvolitionBrit
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 08:07:26 am by AvolitionBrit »
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Stalkmatches - The blade of many hands (Weapon Succession Game)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 08:47:29 pm »

History
The sword was first in the hands of the elf Rofa Tempesthowl, she was descended from royal blood with two of her grandparents being former Princesses and one of her grandfathers being a druid. She grew up to become an animal caretaker until she decided to wander the wilds as a monster slayer. She would come into contact with The Weak Lancers, a civilization of dwarves that had grown to become a civilization of many races. It was here when she first saw the superior metallic weaponry of the dwarves. She however insisted on using her wooden weapons. It was a few years later during her wanderings that she would encounter Ostro Powerprestige the Crystalline. A hulking humanoid figure made of bronze, the two clashed. Rofa’s wooden sword did nothing but fracture and split against the beast's metallic reinforced frame. Rofa escaped Ostro but was heavily wounded. It was when she returned to Lusterhalls that she took up a steel longsword. The one she picked was encrusted with gems and hung with rings of lead. She would go on to use this sword in her battles however the sword never saw action. Until many years later when a figure caught her eye. A minotaur wandering the hills of barricading, Mifava Flydrive and Rofa would clash. Rofa felt herself cut through the beast like butter as she sliced both of the beast's arms away from its torso. The final strike brought the beast down, the sword received the name Stalkmatches. This newfound strength would reinforce the elfs resolve and she would hunt for the hulking figure that had wounded her many years ago. Years later, she ran towards a huge silhouette in the distance but was met with a giant of the flesh, she encountered Ospong Matchbrave the Righteous Tenacity of Sweetness. Whilst the sword was strong Rofa wasn’t and was killed under the giant's first salvo of attacks. The giant seeing the sword took it as his and since then has gone on to kill with the sword. Whilst a novice at the sword, what she lacked in skill, she made up for with powerful strikes.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 07:43:32 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2022, 12:18:21 pm »

yo, sign me up. this is a worthy idea.

what happens if the sword gets lost-lost? or can that even happen? I am ignorant to adventure mechanics these days.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2022, 12:30:21 pm »

Sure will do and not sure, don't think adventure mode items are forever lost but could be wrong.

Drunken scholar

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2022, 12:50:16 pm »

I wanna wait before I sign up for a turn, but if other people don't jump on and you need someone you can go ahead and put me on and I'll find a way to make it work

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2022, 03:42:56 pm »

Journal of Erith Springwinters - Found under mysterious circumstances in Mirrorwatch.

Skills
Attributes
Description

15th of Granite

Well, it looks like I have been tasked with weapon identification. I have heard that now and again a weaponsmith would be asked to identify a weapon but I never thought I would be asked to identify a weapon. But this request is downright odd. I am to go to the aptly named Dangerous Forest to identify a humanoid carrying a suspected artifact of our people and report back. What makes the request stranger is it comes directly from Queen Oddom Greatestlash instead of our general.

Whilst I don't like the look of the job, I would rather not anger Queen Oddom. Although the weapon sounds interesting and unique, I will still have to cover the large western portion of the Dangerous Forest. I have gathered my stuff and have prepared to set off. As me and Tosid were heading out, Zuglar recommended that I get some weapon experience on animals and said he would pay well for animal hides. Maybe this job won’t be bad afterall.

Kills some critters by Mirrorwatch the old monastery. Managed to get a good distance around the mountain before nightfall.

16th of Granite

Heading to coloursacks, interesting to see what the humans did to this place since taking it over one hundred years ago. As I was arriving I walked past some goblin and gorlack monks. Decided to divine the will of these other gods. Cursed with a week's bad luck that wasn’t right. Then cursed again. Made no sense. The humans clearly are using it as some trick to get people into praying at their temples there. I'm no fool. Arrived at Prestineearlings as night fell. Busy place, but at least i can rest amongst nature

Monks
Bad Luck

17th of Granite

Entered Leafyhermit, spoke to the local lord. He knows what I am looking for but will only tell me he will give me the information if I killed some kobolds. Decided to head into the fortress myself. Came across some creature that was frail. One of the necromancer experiments. Tried to speak to her but she started to charged me.

The Creature

18th of Granite

No luck on finding this sword wielder humanoid. Heading to the local hillocks of spydye to see if anyone has information here. Come across a fellow Dwarf Momus, she is a slave. I agreed to free her from her absent masters. Strange.

20th of Granite

Came across a lair. A giant, it was a giant. The hulking beast drew its unique sword and stabbed me. I tried to grab it from it. Attacked Tosid and Mosus. My poor door lost a leg and is very faint. However after striking Momus, something happened. The skeletons littering the liar rose up. Like fallen spirits and begun to claw at the beast. The beast passed out and I used its sword to kill it. But now I need to get to civilization. We are all hurt and need some help. The sword can wait. Slept in the hamlet Tangled Vessels. The place was abandoned.

Lair
Tosid
Mosus

21st of Granite

Momus seems to keep bleeding, she said she was okay but still after all that time. Maybe she has a weak body. Me and Tosid are doing okay. Poor girl is hopping on three legs.

Blood Trail

Woke up to dingos, must be following Momus blood scent. Passed Momus my copper sword and ordered Tosid to help her. I pulled the steel sword out and got to work. Seemed to be going well then the dingos got back up and attacked each other. Tosid is really hurt now and refuses to move now.

Tosid very hurt

22nd of Granite

Tosid is okay, well as okay for a battle wounded dog as she could be. Struggled to sleep, kept whispering. Think Momus must talk in her sleep. Headed to colorsacks, last port of call.

Campfire

Headed behind the entrance, suddenly armed dwarves attacked us. Tosid was taking the brunt of the blows. Poor girl. I was removing this axeman's legs from his body. They wanted the sword, I was confused.

Macedwarf

Momus was taking a beating, I killed the mace dwarf and was about to help. But he got back up and beat me good. Put the sword in my backpack and crawled away as more dwarfs appeared. I'm hiding in shrubs but im struggl

The journal ends there

The swords current status
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 03:45:21 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2022, 04:30:44 pm »

Sure will do and not sure, don't think adventure mode items are forever lost but could be wrong.
Artefacts go “missing” if the NPC wielding them dies “off camera” e.g. of old age. Could be risky but it’s a fun twist on an under-used genre (adv mode succession).
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2022, 04:38:45 pm »

Thanks for the information. Hope that doesn't instantly happen.

Drunken scholar

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2022, 02:52:28 am »

This looks interesting so I'll just leave this PTW here.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2022, 02:57:49 am »

if we build a pedestal at the end of our turn, might that store it regardless of world history?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2022, 10:22:34 am »

Well it seems to only get lost in the hands of NPC's. Pedestal could be an idea.

Drunken scholar

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2022, 02:38:26 am »

Pedestals would work.
Merely dropping the weapon in a player made site "would" work, but the weapon would teleport in a random tile in the site upon reclaim...
 built containers are a way to go
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2022, 02:47:40 pm »

Something ive noticed in fortress mode so far is the recent artifacts have had a reoccuring feature of different humans getting killed by elephants since the start of the fortress. Will see what has been happening in this world soon.

Drunken scholar

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2022, 08:17:19 pm »

Here is the save - https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15866

Best of luck

Drunken scholar

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2022, 01:10:56 pm »

Alright. Looking at starting tonight. I will try to follow this rule

Don't kill someone unless its a kill or be killed situation.

but no promises
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11