Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Buryvault -- A {{{Peaceful}}} Little Town -- Community Fortress  (Read 1287 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Buryvault -- A {{{Peaceful}}} Little Town -- Community Fortress
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2023, 08:36:07 pm »

New stone walls in progress! The difference between the new West side of the walls and the old East side should be obvious. Unless otherwise instructed by citizens, the current plan is to make the walls three blocks high with crenelations and a tower. Forward defensive positions may be constructed in the future. The central building--which ended up laying abandoned for most of its life--will remain for now, but will probably be cleared to make way for the central tower/keep.

Upper Fortress again. Honestly it's threatening to become a slum at this point. Everything is crowded. Hundreds of street dogs. Elven and Goblins visitors running amok. Well, downwards and townwards, am I right lads?

As with every update, the Lower Fortress is expanding at an insane rate. Construction on it began at about 80 dwarves, and now it is housing 40-50 dwarves with the new constructed apartments. Two more galleries have been dug, one turned into a farmers' guild hall. You can see the aquarium beginning to take shape in the bottom right.

All in all, things have progressed well. We have not suffered any attacks of late and even had an elven caravan stop buy. We negotiated all of their produce and foodstuffs for like... 3 gems.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2023, 10:43:45 pm »

A glorious wall indeed! And everyone is enjoying helping out with the planting, I see!

Uh... maybe assign a warhound or two to each military dwarf? It'll require a lot of coffins or slabs once they actually hit combat, but it might help prop up the military while doing something about all those strays...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2023, 07:39:42 am »

A glorious wall indeed! And everyone is enjoying helping out with the planting, I see!

Communist Fort STRONK, Tovarischi!!!

Uh... maybe assign a warhound or two to each military dwarf? It'll require a lot of coffins or slabs once they actually hit combat, but it might help prop up the military while doing something about all those strays...

It's a good solution, at least temporarily--I am worried about the possible negative emotional impact of like 30+ animals dying in combat though.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 [2]