Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Stalkmatches - The blade of many hands (Weapon Succession Game)  (Read 22381 times)

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Stalkmatches - The blade of many hands (Weapon Succession Game)
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2022, 12:24:26 pm »

The names Nashra Kamcauret, a toadman hunter. Whilst i am skilled of it, i grew bored. So many happy faces everyone going off to achieve their goals and im just a lowely hunter. However this is changing. My dreams have meet by a female human. Dungda, she lures me into my depraved impulses. To cause suffering on the world. She told me to seek out the sword. Only the worthy would claim her prize. I accepted. Leaving this wretched castle behind, i am not longer bound by the shackles of anyone.

My first crushing was the inspring axewoman, Othla Rajididde she wanted to explore the world and she proved useful dispatching of a pikeman who tried to kill both of us. We were ambushed on our travels but she did the heavy lifting. But when she had seen what i became, she drew her axe towards me. Human blood sure did taste great. If not for her combat wounds she would of likely had the upper hand. That is not to say she wasnt still highly skilled, parrying many of my strikes. But it was a war of attrition and as a vampire i do not tire or exhaust. I had one, she was broken and left dying in Spatterjudged.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 07:09:12 pm by AvolitionBrit »
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2022, 01:37:11 pm »

I have a new friend, a goblin lasher by the name of Osnun Bosasmu. She seeked discovery of the old world. I told her i knew a structure made in a time before time and she jumped at the chance to explore it. As we arrived we saw a Jugglestray warrior waiting outside, perhaps im not the first to seek the sword. We encounted many dead guardians of the temple and then came across and alive one. Osnun took most of the creatures blows as i "helped" she felled the beast by lay broken on the floor, he legs broken. She cannot continue on. I left the bloody pile of goblin behind, an unrecognisable mess unable to tell her story. Good thing a new person was outside, turns out their friend has this special sword. I told them that i can hear them calling for help inside and one of those things killed my goblin friend but she had saved my life. We agreed to go in together to help her friend. Ofcourse  the moment i encountered the guardians i sprinted through. The place was maddening, took a while to solve the puzzles of this place. Came across the previous holder, had some armor that fit me, some lovely artifacts and ofcourse the sword. Also found some slab with a demon binding ritual on it. Well now that i have proven myself. It is time to sate my godess.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 07:09:22 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2022, 03:19:50 pm »

The place was maddening, took a while to solve the puzzles of this place.

I imagine this is quite the understatement lol. RNG dungeons are the bane of my existence

still curious as to the fate of  Ur Grippedhigh, the Gray Feast. The Butcher of Watchedsimple. What happened to that foul rat?

Yarlig

• Bay Watcher
  • High Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2022, 05:38:25 pm »

Good thing a new person was outside, turns out their friend has this special sword. I told them that i can hear them calling for help inside and one of those things killed my goblin friend but she had saved my life. We agreed to go in together to help her friend. Ofcourse  the moment i encountered the guardians i sprinted through. The place was maddening, took a while to solve the puzzles of this place. Came across the previous holder, had some armor that fit me, some lovely artifacts and ofcourse the sword. Also found some slab with a demon binding ritual on it. Well now that i have proven myself. It is time to sate my godess.
Good job on the successful retrieval! I should've taken that strategy too' but ended up cornered and decided to fight instead. I take it my companion is dead now? That would be a bummer' she was pretty effective while she lasted.

still curious as to the fate of  Ur Grippedhigh, the Gray Feast. The Butcher of Watchedsimple. What happened to that foul rat?
Soon' soon... I was too busy to write anything today' but I should have more time tomorrow' so an update or two should be incoming.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2022, 07:06:32 pm »

She is likely alive.

Drunken scholar

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2022, 07:56:05 pm »

Been a while since grabbing the sword, currently at this lovely tower, the necromancer Abpa Ringclashed disproved me becoming one of his soldiers. Who knew all it would take was removing his right arm to change his mind. Didnt even fight back, a shame as the last one who fought back nailed a bolt in my neck. This sword sure is something.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 08:01:42 pm by AvolitionBrit »

Drunken scholar

Yarlig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2022, 08:27:06 am »

Ok' so this is the first part. Much more to come' hopefully soon.

Let’s get acquainted with our hero; he’s quite a mellow fellow, a humble bobcat man by the name Alim Questedbalanced. His closest companion is a wise and well adjusted snail „Seba”.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He works as a ranger in the hamlet of Championslopped, weeding out troublesome creatures and local ne’er-do-wells. Here are some excerpts from the journal he keeps.[/i]

We’ve been receiving strange rumors from beyond the Inky Gulf. Some say the dwarves are expanding and have started to encroach on elven lands, and that war is imminent. Others claim that the great city of Watchedsimple was decimated by a horde of rat people. Rat people, of all things! Nobody has seen them in the last twenty years, let alone muster an army! This belongs to the same bag as the stories about two-headed gorlaks.
And then there is the die. Last time I was at the shrine, it suggested I should travel far away. I’m not that much of a wanderer, so I expect something strange might coming.

While doing a routine patrol of the village outskirts, I was attacked by a hammerman. Killed him in selfdefence. Two other brigands, who may or may not have been his companions, accused me of murder and I couldn’t talk them out of it. I took the simplest solution and killed them as well.

Found a bigger die with more sides at a shrine of Erthok. I rolled 14!
Nothing I can think of right now. I’m taking it with me to meditate on it some more.

I decided to stay the night at Botherallied, a hamlet whose every denizen seems to be a soldier. That was a mistake. It came under attack at night, a motley crew of dwarves, goblins and humans stormed the mead hall and I had no choice but to try and fight my way out. At least I got a new sword of dwarven iron out of it.
By the end of the battle, the only survivors were myself and another dwarf who fought in the defense of the hall. He bestowed upon me the title „The Polished Mightiness of Orders” and asked me kindly never to show my face in here ever again. Ungrateful digbeards.

As I approached Pricesscribed, I saw a peculiar man, prancing around naked through the snows.
Some time later, I went to the meadhall to meet with the lord, but he was absent. One of his soldiers told me that his master has some eccentricities, and that he can often be found taking snowbaths, publicly. All those stories about two-headed gorlaks and the lot seem much more believable now.

More travels, more unsavory characters. This time, one of the nobles gleefuly told me about his past career choices.
Not much has changed since then, if you ask me. Parasites.

The writing becomes increasingly unsteady as you read on.

Spotted by a bandit archer. Got wounded pretty bad, my chest hurts and I can hardly walk five steps without stopping to catch my breath. Think my lung can be damaged.

Still hurting; I remembered the gods can grant favors to those that roll their dice the correct way. I do have one by me, so I’ll try it.
Doesn’t seem to be working. Perhaps third time’s the charm?
Wish it would. Useless!

Food supplies are dwindling. Even worse, I can’t hunt in my current state. Few people keep livestock around these parts, will have to scavenge for meat to gather some strength. I’m starting to feel feverish, may not last long if I find none.

Stumbled into a dwarf fortress. Thought it would be empty, but it wasn’t. Dwarves staring right through me with blank eyes. Scarfed down some meat from the trade depot and slunk off.

Found a half-frozen coyote corpse. Not sure how it died, could well have been diseased. Have to take the risk though.
Also got attacked by a bunch of other scavengers. Knocked one good over the head and others dispersed. Figure they weren’t as hungry as I am.

Reached a village of dwarves. Asked one for shelter in a hillock. He looked at my mangy fur and glassy eyes and gave me some cooked food and plump helmet wine.
Just kidding. Bearded bastard threw me out to freeze to death. They’re letting this old cat die because they think he’s not housebroken.
The fulll Moon is out. Could swear he’s staring right at me.
I think I might die tonight.

The following several pages appear to have been written frantically, using blood instead of ink.
MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT

I woke up dizzy and disorientated, but I’m feeling much better otherwise. I no longer have fever and my chest hurts no more. Even my fur is gleaming again!

Also had some caked blood in my mouth, but it doesn’t taste like mine, so I won’t worry about this now. Seba has been eyeing me weirdly though. Like he’s disapproving of something I’ve done, but won’t tell me what it is exactly.

OOC: I didn't plan on becoming weremonstered' but I also didn't want to suffocate before even getting to meet Ur, so I had to take that route. The part where I had to find something edible before I transform was getting quite nervy too' I was HungThir' barely dropped out of fast travel in fear of suffocating' and there were few animals. Exciting!

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2022, 03:42:30 pm »

Oohoo? A werebeast run eh? And with this new Toadman hunter of Avolition's, it seems Stalkedmatches is destined to run the gammut of all many of strange wielders. Seems it has a penchant for drawing oddities towards it.

I enjoy the potential fact that, without knowing what's coming next, Alim becomes not so unlike Ur in his last moments of sanity. Very curious to see how things progressed into vault shenanigans.

And the same can be said about Nashra, the tale of Stalkedmatches is a long and storied one to be sure, I must know how it influences its next in line! Or perhaps even how it *doesn't*! If that makes sense.
I've lost control of my life.

Yarlig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2022, 02:09:51 pm »

I enjoy the potential fact that, without knowing what's coming next, Alim becomes not so unlike Ur in his last moments of sanity. Very curious to see how things progressed into vault shenanigans.

Funny thing is' the same realization struck me midway through my adventure' even though my first draft for Alim was to be a Ur's polar opposite; the calm' collected' somewhat detached type who actively resists the sword's callings to use it for own purposes. Then DF decided to bork my lungs' I wereaped to heal' and decided to just go along with it' bloodlust and whatnot. But that's the beauty of this game I guess' no matter how much you plan it takes a life on its own eventually.

Regardless' I should (hopefully) have another part tomorrow; not too long until the encounter with Butcher.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2022, 09:52:23 am »

So I had accidentally deleted my save, then got busy but my plan is to recreate what I can and hand the save to someone else.

Drunken scholar

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2022, 10:44:31 am »

PTW, might take a turn once finals are over.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2022, 07:52:44 pm »

The names Nashra Dreamkiller, a toadman hunter. Whilst i am skilled of it, i grew bored. So many happy faces everyone going off to achieve their goals and im just a lowely hunter. However this is changing. My dreams have meet by a female human. Dungda, she lures me into my depraved impulses. To cause suffering on the world. She told me to seek out the sword. Only the worthy would claim her prize. I accepted. Leaving this wretched castle behind, i am not longer bound by the shackles of anyone.

My first crushing was the inspring axewoman Etus Bladbeached, she spoke of wanting to be a great adventurer. Seems she was trained well, didnt take much lying to convice her that the local cities and keeps are being ran by criminals, werebeasts and vampires. She joined me and really got into it, her skill improving as she wiped out warriors, lords and holymen alike. Dungda would be proud. After following Dungda instructions i became a vampire. The gods can curse me all they want im going to be around a long time and  crushing warriors to boot.

By the time i got to the vault, Etus used an axe like second nature. Managed to sneak past the guardians and find the sword on this bobcat. Clearly the previous holder, a pity. His blood hasnt fully dried and will make for a good snack. As well as the other goodies he had on him. The sword, she was truly a work of Dungda, the power from the blade alone. I had walked through what it had done to the ancient guardians here and with Etus distracting them. Stalkmatches made fine work of them.

Leaving the vault, i told  Etus that we would reclaim my home Dipshovel. She happily agreed to help me and remarked i wasnt be a some old toad hunter. When she turned away, i let the massive grin i was concealing wash over me. When we got to Dipshovel, we made quick work of the guards at the front. It was when the stronger guards came that Etus got overun. Taking heavy blows, i rushed over to her and broke her attacks before turning to my injured ally and slitting her throat with stalkmatches. Theres nothing like watching warriors die in the heat of battle, so many bright futures snuffed out before their realised, that brief fleating moment when hope and ambition is lost forever. So enraptured by the moment, i didn't even realise i had breathed my last breath as my lungs were mangled, i didnt need to breath. Then i was pin cushioned by bolts and arrows. I still have one of the buggers lodged in my stomach. They beat my body to death.

I played dead, not hard as i technically was already undead. They gave my body to the new lord and lady of Lullverse, seems like they wanted to use me as a way to improve relations. I tried to move but fell, my body is broken. I cannot wield the sword.

Dungda, mocks me. Laughs at me. Tells me, i was nothing but a pawn. Get the sword to the Stickssinew and await the next wielder. I laugh, my godess she is right. She is always right, she knows. Nashra no more. I am Athi Secretguises, prophet of Dungda. Dungda tells me that my blood, it is true depravity and that by following her will, saiting the sword and letting my blood spread that i am one of her choosen. She is right, she was always right. A use the sterling silver flash of the elf whos throat i ripped out. Fill it with my tainted blood. She will be pleased with my as i place the flask next to the sword. Dragging myself along the floor and removing all i have. For i no longer require it.

She goddess whispers to me once more, tells me. The next wielder is near. Then i hear it. The door is open. My queen will have a new champion soon. The flask will be drunk.

Drunken scholar

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2022, 08:00:15 pm »

Here is the save. Sorry for the long wait.
https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=15929

Drunken scholar

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2022, 08:42:39 pm »

I am sorry to hear about the save deletion... after so much traveling too! Regardless I will pick this up ASAP.

I am Athi Secretguises, prophet of Dungda. Dungda tells me that my blood, it is true depravity and that by following her will, saiting the sword and letting my blood spread that i am one of her choosen. She is right, she was always right. A use the sterling silver flash of the elf whos throat i ripped out. Fill it with my tainted blood. She will be pleased with my as i place the flask next to the sword. Dragging myself along the floor and removing all i have. For i no longer require it.

She goddess whispers to me once more, tells me. The next wielder is near. Then i hear it. The door is open. My queen will have a new champion soon. The flask will be drunk.

nice. I take it the sword lies somewhere between Dipshovel and Stickssinew . . ?

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2022, 02:26:56 am »

Oh it's in dipshovel.

Drunken scholar
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11