Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Stalkmatches - The blade of many hands (Weapon Succession Game)  (Read 22355 times)

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stalkmatches - The blade of many hands (Weapon Succession Game)
« Reply #135 on: November 30, 2022, 04:11:30 am »

ok that was a pretty fucking epic fight. And the lead-up, assembling your rag-tag army. Awesome.

So Stalkmatches is now in the hands of one of your ressurected bandits? Did the beast die?

He had only lost his head and otherwise was intact and he followed.

lol this is great

I often feel oddly bad about killing people in adventure mode. I think because a lot of times the personality of the npc isn't even that bad it's just civ flags and other stuff making us fight so I often just resurrected people and then left while they were dazed. Maybe unwise?

So. the story of the reluctant necromancer includes raising a series of random undead and leaving them for others to find. lol

He likely killed every many in that room at least six times before the end!

powerful line

Look for an accursed tower with the mountains to its north. Surrounded by barrows and the land itself cursed around it. To the southwest you will see villages and towns

It turns out that fit the bill of a lot of evil towers...

this was my impression when I visited the lands containing Stalkmatches. so many towers full of undead, such accursed lands.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 04:13:57 am by Salmeuk »

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 30, 2022, 06:26:05 am »

I left it in Hailenjoyed which is where my character originally found it to begin with! Avolition went after me and left it in Fellroads which is a town in the human country directly south of that one!

The beast did not, in fact, he is now leader of the tower and it's actually still very large army. Also according to legends he identifies Stalkmatches as being his possession. So, not only did I release a far WORSE threat on this world by allowing him to live and become the leader, but also he may be a problem for us specifically in the future lol

I'm glad you liked it I actually really struggled to write this one out, because the scale it reached was ridiculous lol

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 30, 2022, 12:59:30 pm »

Very interesting read, i enjoyed reading it as well. The blade once again passes hands.

Do you have the save?
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 30, 2022, 09:40:39 pm »

I'll have it up tomorrow! I'm finishing up some final tasks with my new goblin

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 01, 2022, 07:06:10 am »

Here is the save: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16175

House cleaning stuff from my turn:
I did a pretty evil playthrough and caused quite a bit of chaos and so I just wanna go ahead and say that my adventurer is in his own made settlement of Treasury Mischief and Stalkmatches is back in Fellroads on a pedestal! You are free to kill as many of my minions as you want I separated my character to help prevent issues. A lot of the map around Fellroads is either mine or given to followers. Side note since I retired my followers in the city of Coloredcircles have successfully fought off several invasions by massive armies! Proud of them!

Also I ran into two bugs. One I THINK is an ambush? South of fellroads at certain times my game would stop as if I was about to be ambushed out of fast travel mode, but it would stay frozen and I would have to close the application, but this wouldn't happen every time I went south of fellroads.
Also about 10 times every single tick the game would try re-hand me lordship of fellroads leading to my legends spot being spammed up with those accounts.

Xgokang or Sasir? The Truthful Shred of Prisons

Ngokang was back at Fellroads with Stalkmatches in his hand. The last free bandit gang in this region were standing facing off from across the room. Both sides were brandishing weapons eager for the fight and some were picking sides. Two of his men he recruited from the other bandit camps didn't like the odds and so shuffled warily over to the enemy's side to join them.
"Surrender or die!" Xgokang said
"You first coward" the bandit captain responded
Xgokang smiled his wicked goblin smile. As much as he wanted more bodies to serve him he just couldn't deny he loved this part.

-------

Now Xgokang, going by his moniker sasir reclined on the corpse of the dead captain while the last of the enemy were butchered by his men. His iron warhammer was planted in the captain's skull still. Stalkmatches had done this for him.
He was actually thankful, as thankful as was appropriate for his people, to the captain and even the corpse of the dead crab man in the corner. If that crab man didn't come here to Fellroads, so close to the bandit fort he was stationed to spy at, and if he did not die to the captain Xgokang would not have the sword now. If the captain wasn't an utterly ignorant fool he would have recognized the sword and kept it for himself and not left it with the body to be taken.

And now we were here. All over the land he had turned people to his service. First the bandit tribes joined him or died and then the towns fell. Even the city of Coloredcircles now served him. He butchered monasteries and now the new Sacred Blossom himself waited at Ngo's hall to offer obeisance.

He knew what he had to do, but it hurt him deeply: Stalkmatches had to stay here. It made this possible. Enemies his weak self never could have overcome he did so with it, but now he was stronger and this was the very first battle he was capable of killing enemies with his warhammer instead of the sword, but if he kept it others would come.

"Aslot!" He shouted. Aslot the she-goblin was currently bashing the skull of another goblin in with her silver scourge, the new dead goblin was part of their band and this disturbed the humans in their ranks, but this was par for the course for his people and dealt with the weak. She ran up covered in blood and smiling "Yes, Master?"
"This castle is now yours, Lady Aslot. If anyone asks this is your land and I'll be leaving this band here to serve and guard you."
As a goblin she could not deny an offer of power no matter what suspicion it raised in her
"Uhm. Well, thank you master!"
He got up to leave. He would be the master who ruled the lands in the shadows. People wouldn't be able to find him, but he would be behind every lord, gang, order, and guild. He knew the history of Stalkmatches. Heroes and villains traveling the lands killing the wielder and overthrowing powers. He would distance himself from it, for now, and ensure that none could find him, but this was only the beginning of his rise.

"Oh, Lady Aslot. If anyone comes looking for that sword you would be wise to let them have it without a challenge" and with that he left. Humanity in this land was going to learn about life under goblin rule, but none of them realized they had been conquered yet.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 01, 2022, 01:19:41 pm »

Very interesting. I shall be picking this up and im gonna see what charcter is shaped.

Drunken scholar

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 21, 2023, 03:00:54 pm »

Gonna necro this thread, taking a turn and maybe reviving interest

Drunken scholar

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 21, 2023, 03:12:24 pm »

Nice!

Looking forward to see what happens next (though, I have many turns I haven't still read).

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 22, 2023, 02:39:07 am »

Exciting to see this pop back up.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 23, 2023, 03:00:01 pm »

ooh ooh sign me up . I forgot about this one - last post was in early winter last year hmm?

where is the blade now?

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 23, 2023, 05:46:58 pm »

The castle of Fellroads!

I remember planning for an illuminati-esque player villain and going around conquering settlements and giving them to bandits/goblins/etc so I could be a general problem

My character is safely tucked away and feel free to kill any of his minions

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2023, 06:11:16 pm »

The map is so huge there will still be worthy enemies to fight for centuries to come.

Sign me up for another turn. You will need to update the turn list and the kill list Avo!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 24, 2023, 12:58:09 pm »

Yeah ive been lacking in updates to the main page. Gonna ammend that tonight

Drunken scholar

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 06, 2023, 03:24:18 am »

*ahem* how's the questing? drop the sword down a pit to hell or something, i bet?

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 06, 2023, 05:16:25 pm »

/pokes Avo with a pointy stick.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11