Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Divine Hosts: Titans of Recreation (OOC)  (Read 1897 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Hosts: Titans of Recreation (OOC)
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2022, 04:03:20 pm »

I see my warning has not gone through to you. You have spread your foolish ideals to other members of the host and now you must be dealt with, watch yourself.

Toaa uses a right of creation and some of the specialized holy creation right to create powerful being’s to further serve its agenda.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

“Behold! The awesome fires of God. The limitless power of pure creation itself. Look carefully! Observe how it is used for the same purpose a man might use an especially sharp rock.”
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2022, 06:43:35 pm »

Eyyyyy. Cut me some slack, I spent like 30 mins on the internet searching for cool Latin names

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2022, 07:11:53 pm »

But you attached the name to a highly inefficient project which costs the equivalent of 3+ rights but exists only to destroy things, when you have destruction rights of your own, inadvertently attempted blasphemy against the Law of the Old Host in the process, and said creation can still be smote by a single destruction right. With the motivation I think, though it's not very clear, I started a vote which didn't even go through?

And I've seen you go for the big eldritch monster before in a similar situation, and it didn't get very far that time either. You realize that you could have just had your vindication by deleting my things with one or both of your Destruction Rights? Or better yet just have a nice villain gloat because I lost the vote anyways?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2022, 07:19:57 pm »

But you attached the name to a highly inefficient project which costs the equivalent of 3+ rights but exists only to destroy things, when you have destruction rights of your own, inadvertently attempted blasphemy against the Law of the Old Host in the process, and said creation can still be smote by a single destruction right. With the motivation I think, though it's not very clear, I started a vote which didn't even go through?

And I've seen you go for the big eldritch monster before in a similar situation, and it didn't get very far that time either. You realize that you could have just had your vindication by deleting my things with one or both of your Destruction Rights? Or better yet just have a nice villain gloat because I lost the vote anyways?

No it can't. You need three Destruction Rights to destroy something that cost Three Creation rights. It is right in the rules >_>
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2022, 07:21:45 pm »

I don't see any problem here  :P

But yeah, if you want to create powerful entities able to challenge gods, you will have to somehow obtain the approval of all players to remove the ban on Rights of Blasphemy!

It is on purpose, too. The game is intended to be relatively "peaceful" and less stressful for everyone compared to past godgames.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2022, 07:22:49 pm »

No it can't. You need three Destruction Rights to destroy something that cost Three Creation rights. It is right in the rules >_>

Nah. Assumed so but asked Nakeen and it's 1 Right. Because a single powerful being is 1 act in general, so destroying one costs 1 even though the original caster spent more to get several beasts with powerful+.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2022, 07:23:58 pm »

Egan_BW is actually right!

A powerful being is worth 1 Right of Creation, meaning 1 Right of Destruction is enough to destroy one.

You cannot overpay for something, it won't make it cross a tier. In the case of Specialized Rights, they can be worth up to 3 base Rights depending on how you use them.

Hope I was clear!

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2022, 07:27:19 pm »

Egan_BW is actually right!

A powerful being is worth 1 Right of Creation, meaning 1 Right of Destruction is enough to destroy one.

You cannot overpay for something, it won't make it cross a tier. In the case of Specialized Rights, they can be worth up to 3 base Rights depending on how you use them.

Hope I was clear!

No I get it. For some reason the wording meant that you could destroy 3 rights with 1 right, which would be wrong.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2022, 12:14:07 pm »

Can universal laws even give Rights? That seams more like a Master thing.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2022, 12:26:22 pm »

This is indeed a Master Law thing.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2022, 10:03:14 am »

How…. DARE YOU? I will not be stopped by a mortal who somehow got a proof of divinity! Not only that, you went through with your STUPID BENEVOLENCE LAW! If you can do what you want, then so will I. Here, take a NEW TRICK!

Toaa uses a act of destruction to annihilate the engineers in a act of petty revenge.
Hi! As the Engineers are a powerful species, it requires 3 rights of destruction to destroy them. You have 3 rights of destruction, and thus could destroy them if you were willing to shell out the rights. Personally I think that's a good idea, and you can get a special right from spending 3 destruction rights in this way.

As far as I know, the only way to stop you from destroying the engineers with 3 Destruction rights would be if someone imbued them with a proof, as any intent declaration this turn would be too late. But Alice only has one proof, so if they imbued their proof they'd lose their divinity, which seems like it would still be a great win for you!

Further, don't forget about those tasty Creation Rights of yours! Maybe create a powerful species of your own to spread the glory of The One Above All? Hmm...

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2022, 03:46:25 pm »

Huh, you have a point.
Pages: 1 2 [3]