Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Community Monsters Pack, v1  (Read 1306 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Community Monsters Pack, v1
« on: October 11, 2023, 04:42:03 pm »

==The Community Monsters Pack==
version 1

Welcome welcome!

This here little mod is just an itty bitty pack containing a couple creatures from some well-known (at least at thier time,) Succession Forts in Dwarf Fortress's bygone ages. This isn't really some major de facto overhaul like say, Teh LOLmod or huge sweeping addons like ZM5's output. Instead, these creatures often served as a major gimmick to their forts and often appeared in otherwise only very lightly to moderately modded games.

The current contents are compatible with v47.05 and v50.xx, but lack graphics support. If there's a volunteer out there willing to make them (or teach me how graphics work,) they may be added at a later time.

Currently the pack has modules featuring the following. Documentation will follow, which can also be found in their readme files included with the modules.
  • Spawn of Holistic of 40d's Syrupleaf and 34.11's Spearbreakers fame, and includes weapons and variants that were meant for the sequel-that-never-was.
  • The Nothings of 31.25's Nomekast, along with an alternate version referred to as Pulsates instead.

Spoiler: Spawn Documentation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nothing Documentation (click to show/hide)

Please let me know if everything's working! While I have playtested these creatures in the past and run basic arena tests, it's entirely possible there's a typo or a missed entity tag or something in there somewhere that got overlooked.

You can download the mod here.

=FUTURE PLANS=

Currently I have one additional race in mind to include, a group of "evil" dwarves I plan to call the Sankites, after Sankis the Mad of Boatmurdered.

I may also add the Mountain Barbarians of Spearbreakers, though that'd be more of an afterthought.

Beyond that if there's anyone who has a creature they'd like to have added to the pack, you can post here, I'd be happy to include your little oddities in the pack.

-=SPECIAL THANKS=-

I'd like to extend a very special thanks to a handful of people, those being Mr Frog and Nakeen (who kept the spawn up to date over time, even if they're seemingly long-gone,) Hugo the Dwarf for helping with troubleshooting bugs, and ZM5 for the same as well as updating the nothings to work with the present popular releases of v47.05 and v50.xx.