Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress: The Long Night 4.6 BETA  (Read 38395 times)

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: The Long Night 3.5
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2022, 08:06:30 pm »

Really awesome job Squamous!
You might as well start a wiki if it doesn't already exist, given the wealth of information available :)
https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Modification:The_Long_Night

It's a bit behind and needs updating, there's multiple pages listed at the bottom.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: The Long Night 3.51
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2022, 03:15:52 pm »

kind of a shame that the brands and the vedic/wuxia stuff was mostly done away with as it added some needed levity to the very dark long night, though the reasons given are entirely reasonable and i quite like the new vibe. overall, amazing work done here!

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2022, 03:45:20 pm »

kind of a shame that the brands and the vedic/wuxia stuff was mostly done away with as it added some needed levity to the very dark long night, though the reasons given are entirely reasonable and i quite like the new vibe. overall, amazing work done here!

Yeah, my main problem is that fundamentally, there's a finite amount of cool vedic names I can use for things before I run out, but by keeping stuff purely descriptive and clinical my amount of adjectives can expand much further. That said you still ought to find some traces left, since Transcendence still works like cultivation and Exhumans have the many arms/heads motif.
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

GreenJelly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2022, 06:29:07 pm »

A possible bug I've encountered. Green glass doesn't show up as an option for cutting/engraving in the Jeweler's Workshop. If ordered through the Manager the order is still scheduled and executed like normal.

Jelly

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2022, 05:00:17 pm »

A possible bug I've encountered. Green glass doesn't show up as an option for cutting/engraving in the Jeweler's Workshop. If ordered through the Manager the order is still scheduled and executed like normal.

Jelly

Odd, it might have to do with how the sand was renamed dust.
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

GreenJelly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2022, 09:22:45 pm »

Jelly

Update: I moved to the latest patch (3.6, the previous was on 3.51) and made a new fort to test the Jeweler's Workshop. It seem to work properly now, the glass show up in the list, so either the bug was fixed or there was something temporary acting up in my other fort.

Unrelated issue I'm having though is when trying to do an Abberant fort, Abberants don't seem to have access to any seeds, even the herbivores (intentional?), and there currently doesn't seem to spawn any natural plants that can be planted. I've tried in several forts, caves have all been empty save for giant glowing fungus trees and uncultivable "grass", and surface similarly only has trees and grass. Is this intended or due to caverns and new plants being WIP?

Otherwise, really enjoying this mod!

Jelly

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2022, 06:45:15 am »

Jelly

Update: I moved to the latest patch (3.6, the previous was on 3.51) and made a new fort to test the Jeweler's Workshop. It seem to work properly now, the glass show up in the list, so either the bug was fixed or there was something temporary acting up in my other fort.

Unrelated issue I'm having though is when trying to do an Abberant fort, Abberants don't seem to have access to any seeds, even the herbivores (intentional?), and there currently doesn't seem to spawn any natural plants that can be planted. I've tried in several forts, caves have all been empty save for giant glowing fungus trees and uncultivable "grass", and surface similarly only has trees and grass. Is this intended or due to caverns and new plants being WIP?

Otherwise, really enjoying this mod!

Jelly

thanks and uh it could be that I removed farming for them because it tends to restricts where a civ can spawn, so by doing that it'd let them live even in barren wastelands. I might have forgotten the fact that it would also make playing as them extremely difficult, but it does incentivize raiding human civs for their food so that makes sense.

CarpBiter2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress: The Long Night 3.61
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2022, 11:50:59 am »

Seeing that my Endless Shores fortress was going to its fps death anyway, gave this one a try. Seems fun so far.

Bugs(?):
- In the grim darkness of the Long Night, there are no pants. At least for the starting seven:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
- Nowhere to put "prefab logs" - neither wood nor stone stockpiles would accept them. You can still make beds out of "prefab".
The lake unfroze, the ducks drowned.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2022, 12:43:35 pm »

Seeing that my Endless Shores fortress was going to its fps death anyway, gave this one a try. Seems fun so far.

Bugs(?):
- In the grim darkness of the Long Night, there are no pants. At least for the starting seven:
- Nowhere to put "prefab logs" - neither wood nor stone stockpiles would accept them. You can still make beds out of "prefab".

The undersuit is the "pants", so you'll want to manufacture that. Jumpsuits are standard attire for humans. The issue is, essentially, the armor system doesn't work as nicely when pants are involved, so I am trying to set it so there's just body clothing, head clothing, arm clothing, foot clothing instead of upper body and lower body stuff. What civ are you playing? Maybe I forgot to add the undersuit item to them.

The prefab log thing is odd though, I will look into it.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 12:55:31 pm by squamous »

CarpBiter2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2022, 01:57:31 pm »

What civ are you playing? Maybe I forgot to add the undersuit item to them.
Hereditary Cyborgs. Migrants are also pantless, and yes, your hypothesis seems correct, since none of them have "undersuits":
And they also can't make them at all:

Reloading helped, for whatever reason. Still, if possible, the proper "prefab" category here would be nice:
Overall, I think we should assume I'm the idiot here, but I'll keep an eye on the problem repeating, just in case.
The lake unfroze, the ducks drowned.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2022, 04:55:02 pm »

What civ are you playing? Maybe I forgot to add the undersuit item to them.
Hereditary Cyborgs. Migrants are also pantless, and yes, your hypothesis seems correct, since none of them have "undersuits":
And they also can't make them at all:

Reloading helped, for whatever reason. Still, if possible, the proper "prefab" category here would be nice:
Overall, I think we should assume I'm the idiot here, but I'll keep an eye on the problem repeating, just in case.

What about waistcloths? I gave hereditary cyborgs those, which ought to serve the same purpose. I am noticing adventurers will not spawn with them either though, but citizens will. It might have to do with the fact I gave them the COVER layer token.

EDIT: that did it. The clothing ought to be craftable, but since I put it on the cloak layer the game didn't think it was a required item to spawn for NPCs. Will fix it next update.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2022, 05:05:17 pm by squamous »

GreenJelly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2022, 10:30:56 pm »

After setting up some traps in the caverns, I now have a bunch of un-men and un-women in cages. Is there any way to tame or safely release them? They don't seem to appear in the Animals tab in the status screen. Playing as Terrans if that's relevant.
Jelly

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2022, 09:54:34 am »

After setting up some traps in the caverns, I now have a bunch of un-men and un-women in cages. Is there any way to tame or safely release them? They don't seem to appear in the Animals tab in the status screen. Playing as Terrans if that's relevant.
Jelly

Only the Aberrant species want anything to do with human-derived fauna, though you can kill them for food if you like. Humans have domestic cattle and fowl as food animals, but you might need to buy them off of traders if you didn't start with any.

Bones Johnson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2022, 11:07:18 pm »

Found a pretty bad issue in adventure mode. Whenever I try to get my adventurer to eat something, game just remarks that "X is too cold to eat." I was hoping this was just a regular dwarf fortress thing and there was some solution, but it might be mod related. I've tried both a post-human immortal and a post-human adaptive, and both haven't been able to eat due to too cold food.
There's a skeleton in all of us, waiting to burst out.

GreenJelly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2022, 11:12:34 pm »

Jelly

Only the Aberrant species want anything to do with human-derived fauna, though you can kill them for food if you like. Humans have domestic cattle and fowl as food animals, but you might need to buy them off of traders if you didn't start with any.
I was actually hoping that the Aberrant would have some special interaction with the un-humans like that! That's pretty neat. In that case, I'll probably get them turned into BBQ.
Jelly
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6