Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Xorvintaal OOC (8/8) (Godgame)  (Read 1102 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Xorvintaal OOC (8/8) (Godgame)
« on: March 31, 2022, 06:00:44 pm »

Xorvintaal
IC Link: IC

The Great Game of the Gods, Xorvintaal, has been played across many realms. Throughout the ages, many have risen to heights unimaginable to mortal hearts. Others have failed and drifted into obscurity. Now glory lay before you. A world, unclaimed by holy dominion, deep within the celestial hinterlands, a new bastion of existence has been born from the rivers of light amongst the endless void. Here, another entry into the ledgers of fate will be written.

###

Xorvintaal was originally a small piece of Dungeons and Dragons lore, a proxy war designed by dragons to prevent direct conflict and the decline of their species, Xorvintaal is a game of obscure rules and procedures, taking decades to learn and longer to play. Here too, the principle is the same. Players will use their wits and power to advance their goals through use of proxies, minions, and no small measure of both subterfuge and wit. It would be safe to say that this game will follow many of the same themes, though of course the setting and mechanisms will be quite different.

###

Game Mechanics
Xorvintaal takes place in turns, with each player acting in the turn fairly simultaneously. Each turn, each player is dealt a hand of five cards. Each card has an effect, and a mana cost. By default, players have a maximum of five mana, which is replenished upon the start of the turn. At the end of the turn, all unused cards are discarded (unless otherwise specified). The cards are dealt in secret via discord PM, however, if players so choose to reveal or trade their cards, they may do so.

Terms and Definitions:
Specified: A specified creation is one that is designed and described in detail by the player.
Unspecified: An unspecified creation is one that is designed by the GM taking into account the circumstances into which it is created.
Present: This indicates that another card is currently active in the same location.
Transform/Upgrade: Replaces a card with another card and activates the new card at no additional cost.
Played in Conjunction: Playing cards in conjunction plays them as a pair to combine their effects. Some cards have Conjunction effects by default, but most cards can be played in conjunction for additional effects.

Elemental and Modifier Cards:
Elemental Cards: Elemental cards are cards which can be played in conjunction with another card. This infuses the effect of the card with the same element.
Modifier Cards: These cards can add traits to creations, increase power levels of units, or otherwise effect another card in a specified way.

Score:
Xorvinataal is a game, and in this game the rank of the players is determined by their score. The easiest way to increase your score is simply to play cards. For each card played, your score increases by the mana cost spent on the card. In addition, several cards may increase your score if certain conditions are met. Lastly, on occasion, the GM may award points for exceptional feats or impressively clever tactics.
###

Character Sheet
God Name:
Major Sphere:
Minor Sphere:
Physical Description:
Personality/Mentality Description:
Starting Region: (Choose one: Mountain, Forest, Plains, Badlands, Swamp, Desert)
Starting Card: (Choose one: Create Specified Mortals, Create Specified Settlement, Create Specified Ruin, Create Specified Artifact.)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 01:07:52 pm by Roboson »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Xorvintaal OOC (0/6) (Godgame)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 06:05:10 pm »

God Name: Ravana
Major Sphere: Conquest
Minor Sphere: Deception
Physical Description: A tall giant with ten tusked heads and ten pairs of arms.
Personality/Mentality Description: Covetous.
Starting Region: Mountain
Starting Card: Create Specified Mortals
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 06:08:54 pm by Maximum Spin »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2022, 06:11:26 pm »

God Name: Acter Nobody
Major Sphere: Improvement
Minor Sphere: Engineering
Physical Description: A blueprint of a person, almost literally - the details are sketched out, and they seem to be flat, superimposed over reality. Their face is blank, their head adorned by a hardhat; in one hand they bear a shovel, in the other a feather quill.
Personality/Mentality Description: Curious and optimistic, Acter frequently enjoys looking over problems (or "problems") trying to identify a way to make their situation better (at least in their opinion). They prefer diplomatic solutions to issues, but their stubbornness sometimes makes compromises impossible.
Starting Region: Mountain
Starting Card: Create Specified Ruins

(Sue me, it's been a while since I've actually played as Acter.)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 07:24:30 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2022, 06:53:08 pm »

God Name: Yume no kaze
Major Sphere: Dreams
Minor Sphere: Winds
Physical Description: A ball of black wisps which shine with tempting light.
Personality/Mentality Description: Devious and playful, Yume no kaze tempts mortals, increasing their power through numerous monuments and traits which bleed into the world. As likely to smite you as to fly off somewhere else with no rhyme but their own reason.
Starting Region: Swamp
Starting Card: Create Specified Artifact

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2022, 07:29:05 pm »

God Name: Than
Major Sphere: Truth
Minor Sphere: Belief
Physical Description: A marionette depicting an unknown creature with five claws but no proboscises. Each joint is made from charcoal, then marble, then sackcloth, then desire, then plant fiber and so on to eleven. Has large protruding eyes like a basilisk, or perhaps they are plans?
Personality/Mentality Description: Devoted at turns to spreading the truth and spurious belief, leaving it perhaps difficult to tell one from the other.
Starting Region: Badlands
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2022, 08:02:25 pm »

Black lives matter.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2022, 08:55:55 pm »

God Name: Muffins
Major Sphere: Food
Minor Sphere: Decoration
Physical Description: A lobster wearing a chef's hat and a great deal of gold jewelry.
Personality/Mentality Description: Muffins considers herself a pressured artist and professional, working hard to create the best she can under trying circumstances. She's accordingly upbeat and self-congratulatory most of the time, but slips into a creative panic when things don't seem to be going well.
Starting Region: Forest
Starting Card: Create Specified Settlement
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2022, 09:08:55 pm »

i wanna play.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2022, 10:34:04 pm »

Then make a sheet. Robo will be selecting people based on who they think will make the game best, not first-come-first-serve.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2022, 11:38:37 pm »

God Name: Jud
Major Sphere: Earth
Minor Sphere: Water
Physical Description: A vast quivering mountain range made of mud, within shining vast hill-sized onyx eyes, staring with unsettling intensity down at the game board.
Personality/Mentality Description: Jud has a generous personality, eager and happy to share the joys of mud with everyone, even if they might not want the joys of mud. He has interests beyond this, such as encouraging people to embrace the joys of earth and water, wishing for people to live in close proximity to either, thus favouring subterranean, aquatic or amphibious people in general. He tends to not hold grudges or remember promises beyond the short-term, but easily gets embarrassed by their dark past.
Starting Region: Swamp

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2022, 01:41:34 am »

God Name: Cwrec
Major Sphere: Growth
Minor Sphere: Excess
Physical Description: An immense disk rotating about the wrong axis and kicking up a thick cloud of occasionally ore-laden dust. In his less turbulent moments, a hand or arm of some sort can be seen which would form Cwrec's axle--if Cwrec were inclined to rotate in the plane of his own disk, that is.
Personality/Mentality Description: Cwrec spins. Cwrec finds. Cwrec stores. Cwrec shines. For all his bluster and turbulence and wasteful turning, Cwrec is fond of hoarders and hoarding.
Starting Region: Badlands

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2022, 12:50:50 pm »

Hm. I want to try, if I can, now that I remember this place, I should remain for a while

God Name: Sefera
Major Sphere: Songs
Minor Sphere: Heat
Physical Description: A cube of glass emitting infrared light emitting sounds of various frequencies, no matter what hearing range creatures have, there is a song they hear
Personality/Mentality Description: Sefera likes hearing sounds of all types, and wishes for the world to make many new sounds
Starting Region: Desert

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2022, 06:03:04 pm »

God Name:Sarabi
Major Sphere:Love
Minor Sphere:Storms
Physical Description:An impossibly beutiful man, with black hair and a caramel skin. On his back he has red wings that glow like lava.
Personality/Mentality Description: Sarabi is passion incarnate and utterly unrelenting when it comes to take what he wants. His desires can be brief, but never superficial, whatever he does he does with 100% intensity.
Starting Region: Desert
Starting Card: Create specified mortals.

Toni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2022, 12:51:36 am »

Well hat, meet ring.

Spoiler: Sa-bal (click to show/hide)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2022, 02:15:54 pm »

Alright, seeing as there's a good number of sheets here, I've decided to increase the player count to eight. Here are the starting participants:

Ravana- Maximum Spin
Acter - Glass
Yume No Kaze - Tric
Than- Egan
Garmathis- Soldier
Muffins- IronyOwl
Jud- Demonic Spoon
Cwrec- KJP

Waitlist:
Sefera - Naturegirl
Sarabi - Leonardo8
Sa-bal - Toni

The first hand will be dealt over on the discord and the IC channel will go up later this afternoon.
Pages: [1] 2