Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Things that did not make you sad, mildly upset, happy or emotional today  (Read 2769 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Elon Musk just offered 43 billion dollars for a hostile takeover of Twitter
jej

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I heard he did it just to shut up his ex. Or maybe they were talking about some other person who paid 1 billion dollars to they could shut up their ex on twitter...

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

jej
jej
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why do we care what happens to Twitter again, isn't it just a site filled with twits?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

We don't care, this is the totally emotionless thread.

I am running out of popcorn though
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Why do we care what happens to Twitter again, isn't it just a site filled with twits?
Verified twits

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What am I going to necro now?

Lost a lot of time on a thing, but didn't have it in me to yell, in the end would appear MF swallowed them "unsuited" drivers anyway kén labour... I used a 2,5" HDD as makeshift usb drive, plugged on the PSU etc too ffs, but now that I just forceclicked it past some inhibition, I'm pretty confident all of this was unecessary. Welp, when I get your will after loosing it am I right.

let

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Oh I knew there was a thread like this once, but I couldn't find it.

Meanwhile, Musk actuallually succeeded in becoming the new owner of Twitter, for 44 billion dollars.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

Meanwhile, Musk actuallually succeeded in becoming the new owner of Twitter, for 44 billion dollars.

Imagine paying 44,000,000,000 dollars just so you have the privilege to say the n-word on twitter, largely just because you can.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Technically, the sale hasn't happened yet, but a price has been agreed upon.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I still don't see why anyone would want twitter.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

Probably to influence the stock market.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To drag this away from the emotional (and Twitter stuff is definitely being dealt with emotionally, in another thread), the Glan Y Môr camping site (or, from the looks of it, mostly static-caravanning) near Aberystwyth, in Wales, is being renamed "Aber Bay" by its recently new owner-group. The Welsh-language bods are very emotional about this, because it has been known by its Welsh name for a century or more and its an example of the modern-day erosion of the language, which has only in the last few decades been saved from institutional decline.

But they complain about the name being anglicised. As the actual translation (as any fwl knows!) would be "Seaside", I think their argument (which I sympathise with) isn't quite correct. And as "Aber" (though colloquially especially used as a shortening of Aberystwyth) is Welsh (and Scottish, alongside "Inver") for a river-mouth, it's at least half-Welsh still.

(The 'translation' of Abermawr to Barmouth always amused my father greatly. It's from him I got my love of the P-Celtic, alongside my familial descent from those more inclined to having a Q-Celtic tongue. Can't speak any of the branches, much, but I can handle sufficient of the 'hidden' information in roadsigns and maps.)

So this mildly amuses me, at most. All power to their penelinoedd[1], etc. Though I don't think it's particularly anti-welsh, just typical corporate rebranding (with its own murky undercurrents).  Perhaps they can have the place (re-)renamed "Bae Aber", instead? Or maybe confuse everybody by using "Pedwar Canwr Enwog o Sweden"?

[1] Elbows!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

The sheep is outside my bedroom window baaing at me. I think shes getting lonely now with the pig gone, she never used to do want anything to do with us
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Sheep are flock animals. They are not supposed to be alone, they will be in a constant state of thinking 'I am about to die'.
Get it new company.

Pages: 1 [2] 3