Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 60

Author Topic: News Update War in Ukraine - Junior Reporter Edition  (Read 59466 times)

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
Re: News Update War in Ukraine - Junior Reporter Edition
« Reply #405 on: September 25, 2022, 11:34:04 pm »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 26, 2022, 12:47:54 am »

Spoiler: HERE IT COMES (click to show/hide)

Courtesy of the CDDA server.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I can't see it! What's the funni? I wanna know!
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 26, 2022, 04:47:26 am »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Civil unrest seems to be brewing in some place called Dagestan.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 26, 2022, 05:25:47 am »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Civil unrest seems to be brewing in some place called Dagestan.

Dağıstan huh? I remember it being in the Russian Federation.

big lmao then
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 26, 2022, 07:21:31 am »

https://twitter.com/HannaLiubakova/status/1574274348218580992
Quote from: Hanna Liubakova
#Russia A shooting was reported at a military recruitment office in the Irkutsk region. The head of the recruitment commission was wounded. It happened in the city of Ust-Ilimsk. This video shows the aftermath. There is a video of the actual shooting, too: a man shots from a gun

Spoiler: More info (click to show/hide)
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 26, 2022, 07:23:11 am »

Who knew a Rebellion would start on the CDDA forum, of all places. Well, they want to overthrow Putin, not Kevin, so I guess it's ok...

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 26, 2022, 07:39:28 am »

Who knew a Rebellion would start on the CDDA forum, of all places. Well, they want to overthrow Putin, not Kevin, so I guess it's ok...
rofl

I rant there about politics sometimes. And argue with people. And scroll up to answer everyone's questions in the game channels.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 26, 2022, 07:51:50 am »

School shooting in Russia by a man wearing a swastika.

Now I'm not saying Putin ordered a false flag attack to shore up support for a war, but...
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 26, 2022, 07:58:42 am »

Any male Russian of military conscription age should make haste with leaving Russia.
There's rumour that Russia is preparing to shut down the borders to prevent men from leaving the country.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 26, 2022, 08:03:37 am »

Any male Russian of military conscription age should make haste with leaving Russia.
There's rumour that Russia is preparing to shut down the borders to prevent men from leaving the country.

And if you can't run, cripple yourself. Go break your leg or something. Yes, it may seem extreme. But it is better than to be served as cannon fodder against Ukranian militia.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 26, 2022, 08:59:23 am »

I was going to write all creative ways to avoid mobilization Ukrainian cowards developed (what is funny - we are not at the stage when non-volunteers are in any danger of being forcefully drafted. They go for those creative solutions anyway, just in case) but then I understood that those won't work in Russia. Won't work at all.

Also, for people who were a little too excited about protests in Dagestan. My first rule of thumb for Sunday protests is to wait for Monday and see how many people value the protest enough to risk being fired from their job. Looks like, in this case, it is not many.

This is how I knew that Belarusian protests will fail on the first Monday when after a huge, huge crowd in Minsk on Sunday, the streets were empty on Monday.

And I remind that this is news thread, not a discussion thread...

So news:

A Siberian enlistment officer has been shot and seriously wounded during Russia’s military call-up

I am an idiot who can't read few posts above)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 09:00:56 am by Strongpoint »
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 26, 2022, 10:19:13 am »

I'm surprised that doesn't start trouble, given one of the devs has a known history of pro-Putin trolling on reddit...

Also, for people who were a little too excited about protests in Dagestan. My first rule of thumb for Sunday protests is to wait for Monday and see how many people value the protest enough to risk being fired from their job. Looks like, in this case, it is not many.

Since Dagestan is primarily a muslim region, would it be more logical for the rule of thumb to pay attention to friday vs saturday turnout, rather than sunday vs monday? Though it does vary a lot even in muslim-majority countries whether friday is a day off or not, so no telling for sure but you'd definitely expect more people to have time off on friday.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 10:35:05 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 26, 2022, 10:29:11 am »

I'm getting flashbacks lmfao. Though from my interactions with it, the mods on the community server are very anti-Putin so it's fine. Let's not drag this dead horse here to beat it, though.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 26, 2022, 10:37:43 am »

I'm getting flashbacks lmfao. Though from my interactions with it, the mods on the community server are very anti-Putin so it's fine. Let's not drag this dead horse here to beat it, though.

Fair but definitely should not be forgotten. I'm not aware if it caused a shitstorm over there or not but it sounds like it did last time it came up, given things here on the forums had been relatively calm when the topic came up.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 26, 2022, 11:05:00 am »

Fair but definitely should not be forgotten. I'm not aware if it caused a shitstorm over there or not but it sounds like it did last time it came up, given things here on the forums had been relatively calm when the topic came up.
If it did, it was internal because I didn't see anything on the devcord either, also ZhilkinSerg isn't active on the Discord I and KT are talking about anyways.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 60