Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: UnChartedX's Granite Vases; What would have happened to that Civilization?  (Read 887 times)

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have spent way too much time arguing with irrational people. I've gotten too used to their massive leaps of logic that they tend to treat as self-evident. That statement of his is his stated justification for believing in Aliens and advanced ancient civilisations. The future is going to be crazy and since apparently, future predictions should indicate past results the past must have been crazy as well. So in order for the past to be crazy there must be something that makes it crazy. So of course the obvious answer is aliens. Past aliens are credible and even logical because our future is going to be wild.
I am butchering his point a little but you get the idea. It is a far thing from sound logic.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

I think it was more:

Vase civilisation existed
-> no civilisation that could vase that good would disappear without leaving other artefacts (such as vases) or continuing to vase
-> aliens (presumably capable of superior vase and other as yet unknown technology) wiped vase civilisation from the map, missing(?) vase described in premise

The stuff about aliens is just to point out that there are more vases in heaven and earth, KingZultan, than dreamt of in your philosophy.

That said, asking people to pay attention to threads he makes with more effort than he presumably puts into creating them isn’t exactly fair or reasonable.

If he was asking us to pay attention to a really good vase he made, however, that would be a very different story…
One wheel short of a wagon

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile

Given the few of UnchartedX's videos I've watched I kind of don't trust him to accurately represent literally anything that appears in his videos, given that every video so far is nonsense "But can you PROVE there isnt a teapot on Mars" sensationalism with all the inconvenient details ground off, designed to fascinate and titillate the ancient aliens folk.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 12:31:00 pm by Dorsidwarf »
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But Mars Bars must come from Mars otherwise they couldn't be called that!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 [2]