Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 167

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support  (Read 116770 times)

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support
« Reply #1785 on: January 14, 2023, 12:20:39 pm »

I'd also add that Moscow, the political and cultural center of Russia, hasn't seen war since... 1812? Because of that the "War is bad" is not in their minds, they had no ancestors to pass it down the line. They also had no art of this kind.

The closest thing it had to war was a few days of low-intensity fighting in late 1917 and a modest number of German aircrafts breaking through in bombing raids (Moscow had ridiculous air defense, everything was stripped for protecting their precious first-grade Soviet citizen asses... It kinda worked because Hitler insisted on bombing Moscow..." and even if some men went to war and never returned - it is not the same as seeing war. Especially considering that veterans were heavily discouraged from telling the truth about the war.

And speaking of WW2, the majority of Russia has never seen any Germans or experienced the joy of "liberation" (read reconquest) by the Red Army of immoral looters and rapists who were outright worse than any Germans (unless you were a Jew), Ukraine and Belarus experienced that.

They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: January 14, 2023, 12:41:02 pm »

For the love of god, to think Russia fought the Nazi's way back in the WW is unthinkable when their marching against a country not for a noble purpose but to claim territory and kill innocent people?

The Russians have not intentionally fought evil at ANY point in the last century or so. They fought WITH the Nazis at the start of the war to seize territory in Poland and attacked Finland on their own. THAT was the choice that Russia made at the beginning of WWII; it most certainly wasn't anywhere near the side of good. They joined the Allies only because the Nazis tried to take them out. Not a single good choice was made by the Soviet scum back then, they were actively forced to leave the Axis.

That is the history of modern Russia I guess, more than a century of spineless cowardice and evil. Evil for obvious reasons from the murders of the revolutions to WWII to Ukraine today, spineless cowardice that they STILL have a government capable of doing such things today.

Yeah poor choice of words on my part, there was nothing noble about their reasons to go to war with Nazi Germany. They murdered civilians, committed war crimes and their not any different today. They are still definitely as bad as they were back then, I was more just amazed to think of the actions the Russia have made in the past and now present. Noble, there is nothing 'noble' about Russia.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: January 14, 2023, 12:47:33 pm »

Basically you could say they've learned exactly all the wrong lessons from their experience on the wrong end of a genocidal lunatic.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1788 on: January 14, 2023, 01:12:19 pm »

There is something hilarious when a so-called 2nd army in the world celebrates capturing a 10k town (Soledar, near Bakhmut) in a months-long battle.
In other sectors of the front, the Russian command does not need such a goading, as it voluntarily drives to slaughter the last remnants of the infantry, no longer very combat-ready due to previous losses. The Russian military has an incredible talent for turning any village with a couple of landings and a pig farm into Verdun, on which their own, not enemy, units are ground. Why? Yes, because “BUSV”, the Combat Charter of the Ground Forces, these people do not open and read almost ever. And more than any “Javelins” and “HIMARS”, more than any “NATO satellite groups” fighting against us is the Combat Charter of our own Ground Forces, on which our valiant command wanted to shit. And ukrops [Ukrainians] – they read it and creatively processed it, taking into account the available new technologies.

In the text about radio communications, I described the main problem of command and control in the Russian army, due to which the army cannot really advance, cannot maneuver, and cannot even fully repel enemy attacks. Nothing larger than the “remnants of a motorized rifle battalion” in the RF Armed Forces can be controlled as a single organism. And, of course, in this situation, the battalion commanders and company commanders of these “remnants” become well-deserved heroes, who, if possible, drag all the shit on their own backs. Although more often, alas, they don’t. And they are buried with their subordinates when, after half a dozen assaults, each organized worse than the previous one, we still capture another piece of land and collect their rotten remains.

From the fact that the Russian army can do nothing except for, bleeding, capture another village while surrendering a district center or an entire region on the other flank, the Russian army made an amazing conclusion – let’s take more villages! And arranged the maximum possible Verduns along the entire front line, including the very infamous Pavlovka in the DPR. And, of course, Bakhmut. How could it be without it? Why not kill the last remnants of combat-ready infantry at it? It’s not possible at all. These fucking bastards need to get positive motives for the news somewhere! Here, we freed another 100 meters of such and such village. And whoever is the first to report on the complete liberation of the village gets an order.
>sacrifice all of your remaining combat ready units to capture Verdun village that has no transport links, no supply hubs, no strategic purpose
>Ukrainian troops retreat to the other Verdun village behind that one
>reorganise survivors, repeat

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: January 15, 2023, 03:00:43 am »

At the rate they die there won't be any Russians left in Russia after the war.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: January 15, 2023, 03:07:59 am »

You mean cause either they die or the civilian population flees Russia?
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: January 15, 2023, 03:27:53 am »

You mean cause either they die or the civilian population flees Russia?
Yes
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: January 15, 2023, 05:12:16 am »

Russian generals when showing to the dictionary meaning of "ground forces" pointed to the wrong entry

As I understand the national makeup of their forces: there'd only be Russians left in Russia
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1793 on: January 15, 2023, 05:28:04 am »

Russian generals when showing to the dictionary meaning of "ground forces" pointed to the wrong entry
Attack where your enemy is strong, drink when your enemy is weak #maximum verdun attritional ground up forces grindset

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: January 15, 2023, 05:28:24 am »

Ukraine claims around 500 per day. Let's round up to 1000 to include the wounded. Russia has around 30M males fit for military service... Even if we cut it in half to 15M assuming that some need to work in the economy, will flee, etc... we are talking about 15000 days, aka ~40 years
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: January 15, 2023, 05:53:42 am »

Pretty sure Zultan was joking.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: January 16, 2023, 03:41:38 am »

Pretty sure Zultan was joking.
A lot of what I've said in this thread are jokes which can be taken as seriously as people want. This includes the last thing I said.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1797 on: January 19, 2023, 05:39:02 am »

MMA fighter, then armed robber, then prisoner, then mercenary, then Russian hero awarded medal of bravery for fighting in Soledar

‘I serve Russia and Wagner,’ Gasparyan told Putin as he was being awarded the medal.
WHOM DO YOU SERVE?!!

SARUUUUUUMAAAAAAAAAAAN

“Criminals with combat experience will return to society, hmm, encouraging,” an anonymous commenter told state-run news agency RIA Novosti.
well that'll be spicy

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: January 19, 2023, 07:49:57 am »

Not as epic as burying a guy, who had beaten his own mother to death, with military honors (prooflink in Russian

And yeah, even if 10% of Wagner-trained criminals will return home... It will be... entertaining... But I think the plan is that they simply won't come back.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1799 on: January 19, 2023, 08:59:54 am »

Not as epic as burying a guy, who had beaten his own mother to death, with military honors (prooflink in Russian

And yeah, even if 10% of Wagner-trained criminals will return home... It will be... entertaining... But I think the plan is that they simply won't come back.

In Serov, Sverdlovsk region, a solemn funeral was held for 46-year-old Wagner PMC fighter Sergei Molodtsov. In 2017, he was convicted of beating his elderly mother to death while intoxicated. “Possessing a sense of selflessness, he committed a heroic deed. And he gave the most valuable thing - life,” the publication quotes the words of the funeral director.
Is this just an elaborate comedy bit?
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 167