Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 167

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support  (Read 112153 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary Edition
« Reply #375 on: May 17, 2022, 08:17:22 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=179709.msg8374762#msg8374762

Regarding Russia's plans to kill those Ukranian soldiers that surrendered after holding out the longest...
STUPID

If you kill those who surrender to you, then nobody surrenders to you.
Then again, if Russia hasn't figured that out yet, they never will.

Additional Commentary:
Why is the War in Ukraine so brutal?
Answer: This war is essentially a sibling dispute.  It's more like a civil war in its brutality than most "normal" wars.
Essentially, Younger Brother Ukraine tried to say to Older Brother Russia: "Brother, I don't need you anymore.  I'm going my own way"
Thus, Older Brother Russia said: "No Younger Brother.  Now I fuck you in the ass until you know that I own you, wholly and completely. Bitch"
And then Russia started to rape its younger brother.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 17, 2022, 08:36:59 pm »

I think Ukraine and Russia are sufficiently different that it’s not a sibling rivalry.

Russia is exterminating Ukrainians because it will inevitably make it easier to Russify with fewer Ukrainians.

It’s further ironically Nazi-esque thought: Russia is superior, and anything else can be exterminated like animals. It’s not genocide if they aren’t human.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 17, 2022, 08:41:33 pm »

I think Ukraine and Russia are sufficiently different that it’s not a sibling rivalry.

Russia is exterminating Ukrainians because it will inevitably make it easier to Russify with fewer Ukrainians.

It’s further ironically Nazi-esque thought: Russia is superior, and anything else can be exterminated like animals. It’s not genocide if they aren’t human.
It makes more sense if you track it back to the fall of the Soviet Union.
Ukraine had a semi-legit claim to taking over as the successor of the Soviet Union.
My point is that Younger Brother Ukraine grew up and evolved, whereas Older Brother Russia is still living in their abusive father's shadow. And doing the same shit.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 18, 2022, 01:58:07 am »

Given Russia's track record with what's happening in this war why would you even think of surrendering to them, it seems it would be better to die fighting than be captured by Russia.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 18, 2022, 02:43:14 am »

Additional Commentary:
Why is the War in Ukraine so brutal?
Answer: This war is essentially a sibling dispute.  It's more like a civil war in its brutality than most "normal" wars.
Essentially, Younger Brother Ukraine tried to say to Older Brother Russia: "Brother, I don't need you anymore.  I'm going my own way"
Thus, Older Brother Russia said: "No Younger Brother.  Now I fuck you in the ass until you know that I own you, wholly and completely. Bitch"
And then Russia started to rape its younger brother.

NO!

Here is a correct analogy - some time ago Ukraine made an unwise (and not entirely voluntary decision) to marry a distant relative. At first it wasn't that bad but as years passed it became worse and worse, with more and more abuse and punishments not only for any attempts to leave but for any independent thought, culminating in truly horrendous acts like Holodomor. To make matters worse, part of Ukraine actually persuaded itself that it is actual love and a proper union, (what people call a Stockholm Syndrome), and not a horrendous, centuries-long abuse.

Then, in a moment of maniac's weakness, an accidental divorce happened but with a condition - you are still my fuckbuddy, don't forget about this and don't dare to have relationships with anyone else.

Few decades later, after the maniac recovered from his weakness, he said "Come back to the cosy basement so I can love you again."
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 02:45:13 am by Strongpoint »
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 18, 2022, 04:00:32 am »

It's definitely sibling rivalry, except one sibling is Cain
Love, scriver~

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 18, 2022, 06:33:53 am »

(Who is Seth? ;) )

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 19, 2022, 03:15:16 am »

So I spend a few hours diving into the Russian patriotic segment of the internet... My subjective and anecdotal observations:

1) Topic number 1 is the ongoing surrendering of troops in Azovstal (Mariupol). They celebrate it(naturally) and discuss what should be done next. Discussion goes between three groups: a) all of them must be executed on the spot, b) all of them should be put on trial and either executed or imprisoned for life and sent to work in Siberia, or c) They should be slowly tortured to death. A small portions of people who say something like "You know Ukrainians have POWs, too and releasing our guys in exchange is a good option." are shot down as traitors and\or Ukrainians in disguise 

2) They also celebrate successes on the Donbas front, believe Russian official sources regarding Ukrainian casualties, and discuss how many more Ukrainian troops they need to destroy to force Ukrainians to surrender expecting that it'll happen really soon (Perhaps they should look at the mythology of their own "Great Patriotic War" and learn that even millions are not enough)

3) Hilariously, the amount of butthurt from something as minor as Ukraine winning Eurovision is very noticeable. They are also really annoyed that Russian athletes aren't allowed to compete in many competitions.

4) Another active topic of discussion seems to be rebuilding Ukraine, mostly rebuilding of Mariupol. You see... After Russian top-ranked thieves lost their yachts and real estate in the Western countries they want to compensate. They push for diverting a significant amount of money from the state and regional budgets to rebuild Mariupol planning to steal a huge chunk of it

Needless to say, ordinary Russians are not happy... Patriotism is cool and everything... until you learn that you'll need to pay for it from your own pocket.

5) I see no real indications of any serious economic problems in Russia, yet. There are no active discussions about rising prices, lost jobs, etc.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 19, 2022, 03:27:46 am »

The West isn't seizing nearly enough from Russian oligarchs. Take everything they have in Western countries. What are they gonna do, sue the government?
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 19, 2022, 04:05:45 am »

So I spend a few hours diving into the Russian patriotic segment of the internet...

Thanks for the report.
You're a brave soul.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #385 on: May 19, 2022, 04:35:17 am »

So I spend a few hours diving into the Russian patriotic segment of the internet... My subjective and anecdotal observations:
You should give Serbian Russiaboo internet a try. It's amazing, they're even more pro-Russian than pro-Russian Russians

5) I see no real indications of any serious economic problems in Russia, yet. There are no active discussions about rising prices, lost jobs, etc.
This is probably something they would discuss in private, not in public, because of the potential for repercussions "you are not being supportive enough, how dare you criticise the state of the state"

One of the Russians I know said that in Moscow things are bleak. Skilled workers sharing tips on how to leave the country without getting stopped at the airport, the pharmacist has run out of all medicines, life savings are worthless e.t.c.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 04:37:34 am by Loud Whispers »

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 19, 2022, 04:47:22 am »

Yeah, prices rose slightly. Not enough to make it particularly harder to get food though.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 19, 2022, 02:40:34 pm »

You should give Serbian Russiaboo internet a try. It's amazing, they're even more pro-Russian than pro-Russian Russians

I have enough of these guys in Twitter and Youtube... Seriously... Serbian society is still messed up.

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 19, 2022, 04:32:46 pm »

Quoting from the news topic:

Meanwhile, it looks like Italy offers Ukraine to capitulate

Quote from: the article
  • bilateral agreement between Ukraine and Russia on Crimea and Donbas: at the suggestion of the Italian authorities, the "disputed territories" will have full autonomy with the right to ensure their own security, but sovereignty over the regions will belong to Kyiv

This is a horrible, horrible idea. Putin shouldn't be given any concessions. What kind of asshole proposes this kind of stuff?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 167