Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 167

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support  (Read 119152 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary Edition
« Reply #915 on: August 22, 2022, 04:05:57 am »

I don't get it what are those things?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: August 22, 2022, 05:41:16 am »

Looks to be Russian foxgirls with guns ready to overthrow Putin.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: August 22, 2022, 05:44:19 am »

Those are knives, but yes. It's an edit of the psycho wojak that a friend made.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: August 22, 2022, 05:48:02 am »

Am I the only one thinking Russian fake flag attacks to fuel support for the war?
Love, scriver~

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: August 22, 2022, 06:15:19 am »

Not everything is a false flag. There are millions of Russians against the war, why wouldn't one of them do this? If Putin wants to rally people he has far less contrived methods.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: August 22, 2022, 06:43:09 am »

Not everything is a false flag. There are millions of Russians against the war, why wouldn't one of them do this? If Putin wants to rally people he has far less contrived methods.
Yeah. If anything, the opposition being able to make attempts at such famous figures makes the government look pretty weak and gives anti-Putin Russians a glimmer of hope and something to rally behind. I wouldn't risk it if I was Putin, or at least I'd blame it on "Ukrainian spies" to make people hate Ukraine.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: August 22, 2022, 07:07:20 am »

Well, FSB claims that they already solved the case and it was a Ukrainian agent who successfully fled via Estonia.

I must say it is a boring version, I expected they'll blame British or American intelligence.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: August 22, 2022, 08:20:56 am »

Am I the only one thinking Russian fake flag attacks to fuel support for the war?
No. I'm fairly sure its the case

Also apparently Dugina wanted to replace the minister of defense and kept criticising his performance. So...
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: August 22, 2022, 09:10:06 am »

Then Russia would blow up a residential building, kindergarten, etc. Even if they would decide to limit themselves to killing one person, they would choose someone more famous and well-known among the general Russian public. 

- Inner political struggle
- Putin punishing Dugin for something
- Successful Ukrainian operation
- Those NRA guys are real

They will, of course, blame Ukraine. But doing this with the only intention of blaming Ukraine is not a plausible theory.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: August 22, 2022, 09:21:38 am »

Well, FSB claims that they already solved the case and it was a Ukrainian agent who successfully fled via Estonia.

I must say it is a boring version, I expected they'll blame British or American intelligence.
Can't say I trust them TBH.

Those are knives, but yes. It's an edit of the psycho wojak that a friend made.
Never post those ever again please ty
:)

Then Russia would blow up a residential building, kindergarten, etc. Even if they would decide to limit themselves to killing one person, they would choose someone more famous and well-known among the general Russian public. 

- Inner political struggle
- Putin punishing Dugin for something
- Successful Ukrainian operation
- Those NRA guys are real

They will, of course, blame Ukraine. But doing this with the only intention of blaming Ukraine is not a plausible theory.
This TBH. If you want to stage a false flag operation, destroy something or someone people care about. Not someone the average apathetic Russian will go "who?" at.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: August 22, 2022, 10:20:09 am »

Well, don't forget the whole Salisbury Cathedral "we went to see the 123m spire!" thing, and how a number of agents were discovered because they had adjacent passport numbers.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: August 22, 2022, 10:47:06 am »

Ah, ok, so the FSB just lets an agent of a country that they're at war with walk right into the capital and bomb a car and get out. Really paints a good image of them. "Citizens of Russia be not afraid, for we are incompetent"

Not just any agent! An already identified member of Azov, which is on the list of terrorist organizations.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: August 22, 2022, 12:41:01 pm »

Escaped to Estonia they say, I suspect they've not only managed to pull a very incompetent version of the "blame Ukraine" card, but also telegraphed which country is next on Putin's hitlist. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: August 22, 2022, 12:49:56 pm »

Ah, ok, so the FSB just lets an agent of a country that they're at war with walk right into the capital and bomb a car and get out. Really paints a good image of them. "Citizens of Russia be not afraid, for we are incompetent"

Well it has been their explanation for everything bad that's happened to them during the war, so it's hardly surprising.

I'm honestly a bit surprised they didn't try to explain this as some kind of engine defect rather than enemy action.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: August 22, 2022, 01:04:47 pm »

"These Russian cars... they just do that sometimes."
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 01:07:04 pm by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 167