Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 167

Author Topic: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support  (Read 112145 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Emotional Responses to War in Ukraine - Personal Diary & Mutual Support
« Reply #1425 on: October 03, 2022, 04:48:54 pm »

Aaaah!

Btw, ain't it funny how the stereotypical nightmare is a play on adults' memories of school, but they still insist on sending their kids there?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: October 04, 2022, 03:23:36 am »

But what if it's a nudist school, the school where you learn to be a nudist?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: October 04, 2022, 03:45:46 am »

...where every day is "No Uniform Day"!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: October 04, 2022, 05:39:14 am »

Btw, ain't it funny how the stereotypical nightmare is a play on adults' memories of school, but they still insist on sending their kids there?

The "back at school" nightmare generally isn't "school was so horrible!", but generally "oh shit, I'm completely behind and totally unprepared for anything!". The most likely cause is that your brain is recontextualizing your adult anxieties as part of maintenance processes. The naked part is simpler - it probably means you're cold, and should be wearing something more substantial to bed.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: October 04, 2022, 06:38:48 am »

I disagree with your not-toasty enough theory and posit that it's all ptsd. Or maybe it's about penises and wanting to have sex with one's mum.
And with this clever allusion to mofo pricks, I have thus rerailed the thread onto the topic of invading Russians. Or, should we start referring to them as retreating Russians?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: October 04, 2022, 07:14:35 am »

I disagree with your not-toasty enough theory and posit that it's all ptsd. Or maybe it's about penises and wanting to have sex with one's mum.

Sigged.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: October 04, 2022, 07:15:44 am »

And with this clever allusion to mofo pricks, I have thus rerailed the thread onto the topic of invading Russians. Or, should we start referring to them as retreating Russians?

Guys, while I also enjoy laughing at Russians... Let's not forget that this war is far from over.

The most optimistic scenario is that in the next few weeks Russians will be pushed as far as the fortified pre-February contact line on the Luhansk front and to the Dnipro river on the Kherson front. Then bad weather will come and active movements will likely stop until January when the ground will freeze and offensives will be possible again.

It means Russia will have time to bring in their reserves, restore combat-readiness of their units and begin yet another stage of the war.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: October 04, 2022, 07:17:28 am »

Yea let's not get too comfortable. Russians are incompetent, under-equipped and out-tech'ed. Not stupid.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: October 04, 2022, 07:19:23 am »

Shush. Let us have our fun while it lasts.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: October 04, 2022, 07:38:05 am »

It means Russia will have time to bring in their reserves, restore combat-readiness of their units and begin yet another stage of the war.

That's far from assured. The mud season is going to make Russian logistics even more strongly constrained to road and rail networks than they already are, and Ukraine will continue to be supplied with GMLRS ammunition. Or, in other words, the mud is going to impair Russia's ability to bring more shit up much more severely than it will degrade Ukraine's ability to destroy said shit. Not to mention that Russia's reserves and mobilized conscripts are being provided with jack shit in terms of equipment, including cold weather gear.

An operational pause for a few months will also give Ukraine the ability to pull all their equipment back into the depots for badly-needed maintenance, including the vast glut of combat vehicles that Russia has so generously supplied them with. Wanting to avoid overconfidence is fine, but there's a very real possibility that Russia will be weaker, and Ukraine stronger, when winter restarts the war after the mud comes.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: October 05, 2022, 02:44:25 am »

Are we getting to the part where Russia starts sending the soldiers out with whatever they can steal from civilians?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: October 05, 2022, 04:12:38 am »

Isn't mud season not until another six months give or take, when the frost leaves
Love, scriver~

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: October 05, 2022, 04:52:13 am »

Isn't mud season not until another six months give or take, when the frost leaves

That is the second one. While spring rasputitsa is usually more severe, autumn mud is also more than enough to mess with offensives (a major factor why Germans failed to reach Moscow). This autumn is unusually warm and dry but rains will come.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: October 05, 2022, 01:57:31 pm »

I feel like im learning a lot about how to avoid catastrophic failures while invading russia here
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 167