Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Lords of Mafia - Game Over, Distant Third Victory!  (Read 11567 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Mafia - Day 1 - Bickering on the forum (7/7)
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2022, 10:32:07 am »

It might be optimal not to say much (lay low) but on the other hand, if no one has any information then everyone's actions will be somewhat random.

Also, fake-claiming candidate seems on the face of it a reasonable strategy for the distant third, as both the real candidate and their supporters might think the claimant is a supporter trying to take the heat away from the real candidate.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2022, 10:50:07 am »

I'm pretty sure Webadict isn't my ally? So he is a very reasonable vote.
You don't think so? I mean, I like to think we're all friends until we choose someone to vote.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2022, 10:53:35 am »

It might be optimal not to say much (lay low) but on the other hand, if no one has any information then everyone's actions will be somewhat random.

Also, fake-claiming candidate seems on the face of it a reasonable strategy for the distant third, as both the real candidate and their supporters might think the claimant is a supporter trying to take the heat away from the real candidate.
I agree. I think Jack, Web, or Max is the DT.

I also don't think you can be a Candidate anymore NQT. Being a Supporter would give you very important info and I don't feel like Candidate or even DT NQT makes a first post like that. In other words, NQT is a bad vote.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2022, 10:59:11 am »

You don't think so? I mean, I like to think we're all friends until we choose someone to vote.
We can vote anybody we want, but a Supporter cannot hammer their Candidate without losing the game for their team. That's the breaking point.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2022, 11:01:39 am »

"Mass Report" Count:
EuchreJack - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 1 - notquitethere
MaximumSpin - 0 -
notquitethere - 0 -
ToonyMan - 1 - EuchreJack
TricMagic - 1 - Jim Groovester
webadict - 2 - TricMagic, ToonyMan
No Vote - MaximumSpin, webadict

4 for Majority

Day Ends 12:00 PM Friday, April 22nd (GMT -7) about 51 hours from now.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2022, 11:13:31 am »

We can vote anybody we want, but a Supporter cannot hammer their Candidate without losing the game for their team. That's the breaking point.
You sure about that?  :-\

That said, as a supporter I have no reason not to vote out others.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2022, 12:05:54 pm »

Hm, good point NQT.

I was about to vote Webadict, but we have until Friday, so let's keep the info flowing a bit longer.

Max hasn't posted yet, although I imagine Max won't post much Day 1 from a meta standpoint.  Max is more a Day 2 poster. So town read Max, for whatever that is worth.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2022, 12:10:57 pm »

What? You town read Max even though he hasn't posted? Even though this game doesn't have a "town"? I feel like you said that just to look like you're legitimate and didn't put any thought into it.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2022, 02:07:25 pm »

Rules Update: In response to a question pointing out a grey area in the rules, I have to issue a ruling to smooth over an edge case scenario (since I don't know the underlying assumptions of the original setup).

Upon the performance of any kill (by the candidates or the distant third), the day will immediately end in no elimination. The next day will begin as soon as the kill(s) are processed.

Should one candidate be eliminated and the other candidate choose to perform their kill silently, and majority happen after the kill is submitted but before it is processed, the kill will happen and reset the day and the majority elimination will be prevented.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2022, 02:25:39 pm »

Is that what this is then? A truce until the DT is dead? Fine.

I don't care about a truce.

I mean yeah the DT being alive makes it suicide for the candidate to use their kill, but if the opportunity presents itself to lynch the heir or a supporter I don't think letting that pass by is wise.

To be completely honest, I think you misunderstand The Hunt for the DT.  It is not a truce, but rather the best way to find the DT.  Invariably, hunting for the DT will reveal who supports which candidate.  So it is the "safe" way that players can both hunt the opposing team & the DT while supporting their own.

Blah blah that's not what I was arguing blah blah I was specifically referring to a truce situation where team A and B avoid trying to off each other in lieu of finding the distant third blah blah

Whatever it's not important.

We know Tric is neither the DT nor the Candidate because Tric has neither threatened to kill anyone, nor actually killed anyone.  No way that Tric has a kill ability and keeps quiet about it.
Plus Tric would have shot by now. Tric holding a daykill? Unthinkable.

I must be the only person who thinks TricMagic is actually capable of reasoning through basic strategy for this game and would not immediately fire off a kill if he had one.

A very good reason to vote you out webadict.
Yeah, okay. Webadict. Let's kill Web.

I'm okay with this.

I was about to vote Webadict, but we have until Friday, so let's keep the info flowing a bit longer.

Nah fuck information. Let's quickhammer webadict.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2022, 02:39:24 pm »

Well, I guess eliminating my opposing candidate or the DT is a valid tactic as well...
Webadict

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2022, 02:41:40 pm »

Hammer.

No further posting.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2022, 02:50:23 pm »

"Mass Report" Count:
EuchreJack - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 1 - notquitethere
MaximumSpin - 0 -
notquitethere - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
webadict - 4 - EuchreJack, Jim Groovester, TricMagic, ToonyMan
No Vote - MaximumSpin, webadict

Before MaximumSpin could even get a word into the debate, reports began piling up on webadict's posts. While the old man of the forum's post were not unusual in their vitriol, the sheer volume of reports brought ToadyOne's attention down on the thread. Numerous posts were removed and warnings issued to all parties involved, with webadict receiving a two week suspension for his extreme behavior.

Unfortunately, the debate seems unlikely to resolve anytime soon. webadict was not one of the three voted on to be King of the Mafia, having thrown in his lot with one of the main candidates. After a few hours of enforced cooldown, the thread begins its debate once more.

webadict has been eliminated. They were an Enthusiastic Supporter.

Day 2 has begun!

"Mass Report" Count:
EuchreJack - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
MaximumSpin - 0 -
notquitethere - 0 -
ToonyMan - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
No Report - EuchreJack, Jim Groovester, MaximumSpin, notquitethere, ToonyMan, TricMagic

4 reports for Majority

Day Ends 1:00 PM on Sunday, April 24th (GMT -7)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Mafia - Day 2 - Three Candidates Still Remain (6/7)
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2022, 03:14:33 pm »

Oh, it doesn't say for which one? Darn.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Mafia - Day 2 - Three Candidates Still Remain (6/7)
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2022, 03:24:30 pm »

On the plus side I've probably found my two Supporters inside Jack/Jim/Tric.

Although the third one is likely the DT which is annoying.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10