Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Crisis - very venomous  (Read 13306 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Crisis - very venomous
« on: April 13, 2022, 05:13:20 pm »

A suggestion game centered around a deterministic combat system. In the RTD section, because why not.

The main character is a jungle hermit who hasn't seen or spoken to anybody in the past decade, who may or may not be fated to play a role in the destiny of the planet. She also happens to be a wolf person. The setting is JRPG-ish, though I have trouble ripping anything off without getting distracted and adding weird ideas to the mix.

Inspired by Extinction, less in the sense that I'm taking notes and more in that I'm encouraged by my friend Devastator's success in making a long running game with an interesting story. I'll try my best to do something like that.

Also have some complex rules:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 05:04:53 am by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Crisis - update 1, wolfdream
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 05:14:02 pm »

The Dream

(You grumble and turn over in your sleep.)

Over you is an incomprehensible white orb.
Luna.
You have never seen it before.

Its light burns. Forces you to your knees. The soil is damp, though you cannot see. All about you is silence and darkness and petrichor.
It shines through you like a sunbeam through the lake, splitting...

You feel yourself splitting into two beams, one dumb and crawling, the other naked and helpless.
You fear that both cannot exist.

Which are you?:
  • I am the Wolf.
  • I am the Woman.

Spoiler: party (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 01:19:21 pm by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crisis - aka awoo quest SG
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 12:30:43 am »

Wolf
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2022, 04:05:01 am »

Woman

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Crisis - update 2, wolfdream
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2022, 07:21:23 am »

I am the Woman.

Your fur bleeds off of you, your teeth go dull, heavy wool is pulled around your head and you can hear and smell no more, left in the dark.

...And a wolf stalks you through the night.

The Nightmare!

Quote from: wolf
Pounce the human!

Please submit combat orders.

Spoiler: party | Meter = 2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: enemy | Meter = 2 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 01:19:34 pm by Egan_BW »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2022, 07:37:41 am »

Wham.  Run starts us as stunned next round, which leads to bite instakill.  Crisis mind might work, but there's no description to give us a start on using it.  Wham also stuns us, but stuns the wolf next round too.  That might cancel the grab, which would get us a tie.  If it doesn't cancel the grab, we die, but slightly later at least.

Guess I should take advantage of the style system for free meter.  Maybe we can 6AP crisis mind something after the stuns resolve.

The woman steps back as the wolf approaches, her mind rapidly sifting through the myriad of options available to her.  She can't run, it would catch her easily.  She can't think of a plan, the glint of light off its fangs capturing her eyes and her thoughts.  That leaves only one option, as it prepares to leap.  To brace herself for the inevitable.

The wolf jumps, and she turns, raising her shoulder and slamming herself forward.  Directly into the airborne wolf's head.  The two collide, the wolf's greater mass and momentum carrying it into and through the woman, both of them being sent tumbling, separating as the woman is flung farther away.

She coughs as she lifts herself up on shaking arms, even the slam alone having half-killed her.  With blurry vision, she looks up to see the wolf picking itself up as well, the great beast growling.  Disoriented, from her surprising assault.

Pls gib 4 meter, I narrated both this turn and the inevitable "You are both staggered!  Anyways next round go."

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2022, 07:46:40 am »

Wham.  Run starts us as stunned next round, which leads to bite instakill.  Crisis mind might work, but there's no description to give us a start on using it.  Wham also stuns us, but stuns the wolf next round too.  That might cancel the grab, which would get us a tie.  If it doesn't cancel the grab, we die, but slightly later at least.
+1

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Crisis - update 3, wolfdream
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2022, 01:17:21 pm »

syvarris:
The woman steps back as the wolf approaches, her mind rapidly sifting through the myriad of options available to her.  She can't run, it would catch her easily.  She can't think of a plan, the glint of light off its fangs capturing her eyes and her thoughts.  That leaves only one option, as it prepares to leap.  To brace herself for the inevitable.

The wolf jumps, and she turns, raising her shoulder and slamming herself forward.  Directly into the airborne wolf's head.  The two collide, the wolf's greater mass and momentum carrying it into and through the woman, both of them being sent tumbling, separating as the woman is flung farther away.

She coughs as she lifts herself up on shaking arms, even the slam alone having half-killed her.  With blurry vision, she looks up to see the wolf picking itself up as well, the great beast growling.  Disoriented, from her surprising assault.

Wham.

Party turns:
Wham! -> Wolf
Wolf -2HP -2AP
Overspent: -1AP next

Enemy turns:
Pounce -> Woman
Woman -2HP -2AP. Grabbed.
Overspent: -2AP next

Round end: +2Meter

Round 2:

Quote from: wolf
Bite neck.

Wolf is not stunned, you are. The only available option to you is Crisis Mind, which only takes effect at the end of the round. Bite is lethal.
Checkmated.

Spoiler: party | Meter = 4 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: enemy | Meter = 0 (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Crisis - update 4, the Flare
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2022, 01:18:34 pm »

You glare at the sun shining through your roof. The sun is annoying. It also ended that annoying dream, so...
You're hungry. Could go for biting something to death and then eating it. And some carrots and onions.

You're in your shack. It has:
Your bed. Frame. It was nicer when there was the soft part, but it got smelly. You once tried to wash it using water but it just floated away on the lake after you tossed it in.
The oven. Mom told you not to mess with it, so you don't.
Next to the oven is a bunch of useless blocks of wood. And a metal... what was it? You think it's called an axe. It used to be shiny but now it's red.
A dresser with clothes. All of your clothes are too small for you. Also, pointless? You have fur, wearing that stuff is just too hot.
The dresser also has some things in it. Weird devices and toys, mostly. Not interesting.
Oh, and under the bed is a box with some shiny things in it. Some of them are metal, but they're still shiny and haven't turned red yet.

Nothing good, but it's nice to not get rained on in here. And it's your home.

You go through the door. Sky is blue today.
You see a fiery thing falling to the sunsetward. Looks like a shooting star, but it keeps going and doesn't disappear.
Hmm. You don't like fire.

Where to go?:
  • Investigate the fiery thing! (sunsetward) (bold adventurer!)
  • Go as far away from that thing as possible and hopefully that means it won't catch you on fire. (sunriseward) (safety-minded)
  • Stay home to protect your shack from whatever that is! But you're hungry... (stay here) (protective, sentimental)
  • Whatever. You want fish. Lake time! (lakeward) (apathetic. fish lover!)

« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 09:27:58 pm by Egan_BW »

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2022, 02:40:27 pm »

Other than being creative with Crisis Mind I don't there was anyway we could of won that anyway Investigate!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2022, 01:13:10 am »

Onward to adventure INVESTIGATE!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Crisis - update 5, the Flare
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2022, 12:52:42 am »

You watch the thing fall for a second. Then you set off.
As you walk towards where the sunset would be if it were sunset, the woods grows thicker, more trees and vines and bushes. After a little bit it's enough that you lose sight of the falling thing as it gets lower down in the sky.
A minute after that, though, you hear it. A kind of massive FWOOOOOOOSH sound, and rumbling in the earth and trees. All of the animals which were already staying away from you go completely quiet at that.

The fiery thing is nearby... you don't detect a forest fire, but it's best to be careful anyways. You start walking on your hands and feet and stalk quietly closer.
Crouching under a bush, you spy into a smoldering clearing, the ground blackened by fire. In the middle stands a... big... shiny pyramid, thing? It's taller than your own shack but narrow, standing on a number of posts, or legs, or something.
This whole place smells unfamiliar and... unpleasant. The only part of the smell you understand is 'burnt', and there's a lot of burnt here.

Standing beside the pyramid and poking at certain things, is a... human? Something like the woman who visited your mom sometimes. Or like you, you suppose. But they're covered in strange, angular shapes, in black and white and red, all over. And they smell strange as well, like paint and fish and water.
They speak, a tinny and small voice. Their head turns towards you as they do so, but that face has no eyes, just a blank, shiny surface.

"Ah. You were not hard to find. Apologies for the loud entrance but I was in a hurry... no time to land in the capital and then travel all the way out here. I intend to create and maintain your biography as my thesis project, your fate is written in the Seed. To begin, I'd like to perform a survey."

What did any of that mean?!
how do you respond?
  • "What's a thesis project?"
  • "What's a biography?"
  • "What's a capital?"
  • "What's a survey?"
  • "Who are you?"
  • "What is that?"
  • "Why are you here, again?"
  • "Do you know my mom?"
  • "Why was there a firey thing?"
  • "Why don't you have eyes?"
  • Nod along.
  • Grrrrr...
  • Keep hiding in the bushes. They probably haven't seen you and are just talking to someone else.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 09:37:10 pm by Egan_BW »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crisis - who!?
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2022, 01:00:33 am »

Grrrrr...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11