Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Crisis - very venomous  (Read 13559 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Crisis - very venomous
« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2023, 02:55:31 pm »

Killing Shorp requires two Wham!s and leaves us getting hit by 5 impact damage (so we'll have 1 AP next round).  That might be okay, as I think we can Run! with 1 AP and we just lose 5 AP the next round.  But I don't feel comfortable with that strategy.

Killing Kold or Groll can easily be done with one wham!, but stacks more poison on us and makes us lose 2 AGI for the remainder of the fight.  Which I think would be survivable if we only kill one.  Killing both will make us unable to run, and nearly unable to kill the elite goblin, who needs a pounce+bite to kill.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2023, 03:03:02 pm »

If the elite goblin were solo, we could manage a kill just by double-whamming forever, so long as we can take any counters.  Not enough agility to attack with -2 AP.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2023, 03:40:59 am »

I don't think we actually can harm the elite goblin using wham.  It has 7 toughness and a 3 armor shirt.  The enemy turn prediction describes it as having "7 armor", but it doesn't describe Shorp as having any armor (when it has 4 Toughness), so I don't trust it.  Also, even if we did deal 2 impact to it, it would have 2AP, which doesn't prevent you from using a 3 AP attack; it would just start with 4-1 AP next round.  By the same token, I think we could actually instakill it by using both pounce and bite immediately.  That would require 8 AP, and we'd immediately be hit by 5 impact damage, making us start next round with 6-3-5 AP.  IE we'd be stunned, and almost inevitably die to poison and wounds.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2023, 04:43:54 am »

It says it has four levels of toughness, and +3 from armour.  So I'm assuming it only has 7 defense.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 23, 2023, 09:25:32 am »

Ahhh, I see.  It has 4/4 levels of toughness, and is wearing +3 armor.  And that shows up as 7 toughnes.  Confusing!

I still don't like double whamming Shorp (or worse, Groll).  We'd take 7 damage this turn, and then 4 damage from poison on our two following turns when we try to run.  That would leave us with 3 HP to escape the dungeon with.  At least, if I'm remembering poison mechanics correctly.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 23, 2023, 01:12:58 pm »

Slow poison hurts us out of combat.  I'm thinking fast poison hurts us in combat.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 24, 2023, 12:20:51 am »

That sounds more fun.
Wham Shorp.  Crisis Mind (3AP 2 Crisis) to pick up the television and throw it into Groll.

+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 24, 2023, 12:42:29 am »

That sounds more fun.
Wham Shorp.  Crisis Mind (3AP 2 Crisis) to pick up the television and throw it into Groll.

+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2023, 04:13:39 pm »

That sounds more fun.

+1
+1
Don't know what Crisis Mind is but a television sounds like it would do more damage than a wham, and it consumes the same amount of AP, so I move my vote from the last one here +1 to this and I will edit my old vote post

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Crisis - update 23, the start
« Reply #145 on: April 23, 2023, 04:04:03 am »

Wham Shorp. 3AP Crisis Mind to grab and throw the television.

You punch Shorp, filth goblin. It loses 4 HP and is stunned, surviving by virtue of its leathery hide.

[Crisis, Moderate - Success! (83%)]

You slink over to the television and grab it, lofting it up high. A mighty implement indeed.

Gained 1-use attack: Yeet Television (1AP 1 Meter. Ranged. 8 Impact & 10 Electric Impact. Electric ignores defense from metal armor)

Enemy turn!

Shorp is stunned! Shorp performs no action and then regains 3AP.

Kold slaps you! You lose 1 HP and 1 AP.

Groll picks you in the face before you can throw a television at them! You lose 4 HP and 4 AP.

Filnlinore assumes a martial stance. Be careful if you approach.

Quote from: enemy actions
Shorp, Leathery Filth Goblin
Poke Awuna with Goblinite Poker.
(Will deal 4 HP damage.)

Kold, Normal Filth Goblin
Goblin Slap! Awuna.
(Will deal 1 HP damage and 1 AP damage.)

Groll, Gross Filth Goblin
Drool on pick!
(Will buff weapon with inflicting Slow Poison. And also stun themself for their next turn.)

Filnlinore, Plague Goblin
Screen Groll.
(Will prevent you from using melee attacks on Groll.)

Spoiler: party - 2 Meter (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: enemy! - 0 Meter (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 03:40:07 pm by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2023, 04:08:05 am »

Throw the TV at Filnlinore since he has the most health.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2023, 05:53:46 am »

I'd like to do that and it'd be more efficient, but..

Lets not lose the agility and use the TV to down one of the melee-punishing enemies.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 24, 2023, 02:01:42 am »

Looking over things again I say we go with this:
I think we should have only 1 AP?  We just took 5 AP worth of impact damage.  If so, Television Kold.  If not, Television Kold and then Wham! Shorp.

Since Kold has a thing that if we kill it in melee we get more poison so TVing it should prevent us from getting it.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11