Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Crisis - very venomous  (Read 13307 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crisis - so that's who??
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2022, 02:38:17 am »

The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Crisis - update 9, the Scout
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2022, 04:50:14 am »

Open the door and Pounce!

Annoying. Well, you'll put an end to that!
Reaching the door in a couple strides, you rear back your foot to

SOMEBODY

You are Patricia Jakes, a scout in the great Infernotouched Imperian Navy. You're a soldier, but to tell the truth if you have to do much fighting something has gone wrong.
Seeing as you are currently back down in the jungle muck, with a werewolf on top of you wringing your neck. You suspect that something has gone wrong.

"Yes! Bloodshed! Kill! Burn the wolf!"
"Ooh, I know! This seems like the perfect time to use your seduction skills, Patricia!"
Your companions, a fair of imps, chime in unhelpfully. Unfortunately for you, they can talk as much as they like during combat.

[Surprise round!]
[Amuna POUNCES on foe Patricia! Patricia takes no damage due to armor, but is Grabbed!]
[Hen turns invisible and begins lurking about...]
[Enemy party gains 3 meter from my narration, muah ha ha.]

Quote from: Patricia the Scout
Use Whistle of Alerting.
Unarmed Strike on Awuna.

Quote from: Klaswits the Imp
Pitch Fork at Awuna.
Quote from: Veraimprez the Imp
Heal with the Devil on Patricia. Stealing 1 Str!

Spoiler: party METER=4 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: enemy METER=6 (click to show/hide)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Crisis - somebody!?!?!
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2022, 08:51:38 pm »

(Someone posting narration to go with sy's action would be helpful here!~)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2022, 01:43:17 am »

Awuna will Bite! the scout.

Hen conferences with the blue imp and asks it to stay out of range, and talk some.  Without fighting.  Also, use Dichotomous Keys to learn about imps.
+1 I can't narrate this as I'm not a good writer.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2022, 11:11:40 pm »

Hen conferences with the blue imp and asks it to stay out of range, and talk some.  Without fighting.  Also, use Dichotomous Keys to learn about imps.
+1 I can't narrate this as I'm not a good writer.
+1, and same.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Crisis - update 10, the Scout
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2022, 12:13:12 pm »

[Awuna bites the scout. She dies! The scout, not Awuna.]
The human is then tossed away, trailing blood.

[Hen uses Conference and Dichotomous Keys. They both resolve at the end of the round.]

Enemy round!

[The Black Imp tosses a red fork at Awuna. -3 HP for Awuna.]
The tiny implement is very sharp and sticks in her shoulder.

[The Blue Imp has nothing to do.]
Nothing left to steal.

Round end!

Quote from: Dichotomous Keys
Imps are small devils which resemble tiny humanoids with leathery wings. Like most devils, they come in a variety of different "aspects" with varying personalities and abilities. The black one is fire-aligned an bloodthirsty, while the blue one is water-aligned and hedonistic.
Devils begin life as the 'squirt' species, which will quickly reach its level cap and undergo metamorphosis, most commonly into an Imp. Once the Imp reaches its own level cap, it will metamorphose into one of a number of different devil species depending on its aspect.
These Imps are employed by the city of Imperia; not an uncommon practice since Imperia became the Devils' favored empire.

<So...>
<Eyyy! What up spacer bro?>
<Was just wondering if you'd be willing to not fight us.>
<Hey, did it look like I was fighting ya'll? What more do you want?>
<I have no idea. And you were going to heal our enemy, that makes you an enemy too you know.>
<Nah, doesn't count. If generations of Chthonics get to claim nonviolence, then we should be able to too!>

<Heyyyy, I just had a great idea! How about I join your party? That way I don't need to be killed by the hotty with the teeth. She your girlfriend or something?>
<I wish. And hold on, you can't just->
<Nope! I'm invested now! Nobody pries a blue imp away from her ship!>

[Veraimprez the Blue Imp forcibly joins the party!]

Quote from: Klaswits the Imp
Fork Pitch at Awuna.
"You know what, I'm fine with dying this way. Bring it on fuckos."

Spoiler: party METER=4 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: enemy METER=6 (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crisis - on-screen bloodshed at last
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2022, 01:55:19 am »

Awuna: Wham! Klaswits.
Veraimprez: Dustoff (to get out of Awuna's way).  Continue talking to Hen!
Hen: [Skip], talk to Veraimprez.  Ask about that scout Awuna just murdered, what she was doing here.
+1

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Crisis - update 11, the Scout
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2022, 04:13:56 am »

Awuna: Wham! Klaswits.

[Awuna punches an imp! It is sent into a tree and broken!]

[Combat ends with victory! Awuna and Hen each gain one level for contributing to said victory.]
Easy fight but it still counts.

You're Awuna. You just killed two unusual animals. Wasn't very hard, but it did give you a level, which you know doesn't happen when you kill things which pose no threat.
Well, the fork thing sticking in you shows that at least. You wince for a moment as you pull it out, only to see it dissipate into mist the moment you do. Same as the fluttering imp.
Shame, you were wondering how something like that would taste.

Ahh... There is the human's body, however. No reason you couldn't try that. And you are still hungry. :(
You lick the blood from your teeth and crouch over the cadaver. Scents both pleasant and unpleasant wash over you. There's a huge torn gash between the neck and shoulder here where it's nearly torn in half, through the armor. Yeah, that felt good.
There's also a little shiny thing which seems to have sunk into that wound, was worn on the neck probably.
These things seem to be lootable, if you want this garbage:

Weakling Bow (3AP. Basic Ranged. Needs 2 Str. 5 Pierce)
Scout Armor (+2 Armor. Human sized.)
Whistle of Alerting (1 AP. After use, allied reinforcements will appear after 2 rounds. Assuming that you have relevant allies...)

The blue imp and the other one are talking about something. Your friend is asking a lot of questions and the imp continues chattering in an unceasingly excited tone... You're really not interested. You need something to eat.

You're gonna devour that corpse, right?
  • Of course!
  • Nah, I'm really more in the mood for some fish. Human sounds too weird.
  • Hey, maybe check the body's pockets for snacks first.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Crisis - RIP
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2022, 06:43:17 am »

The attribute stealing on Heal with the Devil is not optional, and is indeed part of the cost. If you're using it, specify what attribute you want to drain.
(Toughness or Strength are the only options because Veraimprez is already at max level in her other attributes. She rolled very low on those attribute maximums. :p)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 06:45:06 am by Egan_BW »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crisis - RIP
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2022, 06:45:32 pm »

Imp is strength.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Crisis - update 12, the Start
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2022, 01:45:35 am »

Snacks!

Having passed over the available loot on the surface, you take the corpse's backpack and shake out all of its contents onto the ground!
Soft things, metal things, arrows... and paper packets!

Holding the paper in your hands, you sniff at it, and it smells... good! You rip it open!
Inside are little brown circular biscuits which are immediately scarfed down. Weird, but sweet and yummy. There's some more of those packets, so you eat them too. Not the paper of course, that's not for eating.
Good desert! Now for the main course! You bite into the human and tear away a bloody chunk. Eating the meat, you immediately start to feel your strength returning to you. Meat is good for putting your hunger away.
[Healed 3 HP!]

Your Friend apparently finishes up talking to that imp thing and gingerly picks up one of the paper packets you'd discarded.
<Chocolate? I think that this is poison for your species, actually.>

As they say so, you start to feel a strong pulsing pain in your head!
[7 toxin damage]
"Ow."
For one reason or another your migraine dissipates a moment later when you lose consciousness.

"So yes, I did just knock her out with psionics."
Just to round things out, you are Veraimprez the Blue Imp. A smooth and handsome specimen of impkind, you're sure that you are destined for great things! Having maximum capabilities may mean that you're squishy, but it also means that you can advance to your next form soon. Clearly, becoming a Lust Demon sounds like the most fun, but there's no need to decide yet.
Anyways, your new boss is poking at the werewolf with some of those chrome-flashing spacer devices. You never really got what all those spacer devices people trade for are supposed to do. Besides the guns, those are pretty obvious.
They make your floaming glands furl.
"Right boss, so that you could treat her for the poisoning?"
"The psionic stun also acts as a painkiller. She can rest this off rather than having to suffer through it."

Then it's not like sleep, just a void oblivion? Psionics sounds terrifying. At least, for a being of emotion like you.
Ah, well, it's not really your problem anyways. Any weapon is good when it's your boss using it!
"Sounds backwards, but okay. How long will she be out?"

It's the next day. Also, you're Awuna again.
You sit up in your bed. Which now has soft stuff on it. The bedding smells like the human. Also has a little blood on it.
Feeling... alright. A lot better than when you were poisoned by chocolate.
[5 HP healed.]
And even hungrier than before, but you smell something tasty. And it's coming from... the stove?
Indeed, the imp appears to be stirring a big pot on the stove, which is alight with fire. The flame makes you uneasy, but it does smell good...

"Could I have... some of that?"
"Of course, we made it for you."
The spacer reaches out to pat you on the head in a vaguely motherly and/or condescending way, but you bolt out of bed at the chance to have some food.

After a very enjoyable meal with your new friends, you're asked what you plan to do. Considering that the imp has made the spacer her new boss, and the spacer is just here to see what you do, apparently it's up to you to decide!
It seems that the human who showed up here won't be the last at your doorstep. They've formed a colony to the south (which is anti-lakeward) and are starting to scout out the region. Expanding.

"Good, we can make more stew."
"Once they realized that a scout disappeared, they'll send a stronger squad. Even if you beat them, the Imperians can just keep sending more and stronger troops at you. Can you defeat an entire army?"
"Uhh, I dunno! Haven't tried that before. But I think that Mom did, so why not? In fact, I should go to their colony right away and beat them up!"

"Well, I suppose if that's what you want to do, I won't complain. After all, you're not fated to die to an army. If you follow your nature, surely you'll find your way to the conclusion. But that doesn't make you invincible, fate can be broken."
"Uh, I'll keep that in mind."
"Okay, I'm curious, what exactly is she fated to do that's got you so excited?"

"If all goes well, Awuna Claes will slaughter The Chthonic."

"What? You can do that?!"
"What's a Chthonic."
"Oh, you know, just God, nothing big."
"Oh. Then yeah, I can probably kill an army."

You may now select a strategic goal!:
  • Go antilakewards and beat up a human colony. It might be a good idea to get stronger first.
  • Stay right where you are and get more stew delivered. Don't even have to do anything, very tasty plan.
  • Get stronger by finding dungeons and stuff! This is apparently a thing you can just do.
  • If you cover up the fact that you killed and ate one of their soldiers, maybe you can just be friends with the humans?
  • You could always just leave. Put your home behind you and see the world, and these humans won't even be a problem. Climb over the mountains and wade through the gross swamp and you'll be further than you've ever gone before. Maybe life has gotten a little boring...

Spoiler: party (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11